Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 22, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Substitutionary Atonement! WTF?
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF?
(June 14, 2018 at 8:15 am)Chad32 Wrote:
(June 14, 2018 at 2:01 am)Godscreated Wrote: Waking up in the morning doesn't mean God has spared your life, it means He is giving you another day to find Him. God knows whether you will find Him or not before your life is over, yet He still gives you another day each day you wake up. Your life like everyone else has an appointed end.

By the things you've said in posts I do not believe you do know what absolute perfection is, not in the case of the creation and God's love for mankind. Free will was part of the creation and being so meant that God placed His perfect creation in the way of man's ability to choose wrongly. To have controlled man from making a wrong choice would mean God wasn't the God who could take care of the bad situation man put the creation in. He has and will. 

That child of David's is in heaven with God, he is in a far better place than we are and has life eternal with God. David was the one punished not the child, the child received eternal life and David had to grieve his loss. You see if you are going to assume God you must assume all that He does, all. You can't choose to call Him a murderer and forget that He gives eternal life to the child, that is where atheist go wrong, they pick out what they want to believe about God and not understand that there is much more to Him than they want to believe. I could say more about this but for now I'll leave it alone.

You do not know what the smell of blood means because you do not know what the Bible teaches. You are clueless to the fact that the blood represents the forgiveness of sin and it is this forgiveness that God loves. Before God scattered the Jewish people by allowing them to be conquered He told them He was tired of their sacrifices and He would not forgive them and hated the smells of the sacrifice. Essentially He was telling them they were wasting His time, their time and the lives of innocent animals and He was not going to help them through this again. You see my knowledge is more than cursory.  

Change is not necessary for a perfect being and neither is jealousy wrong for a perfect being. Now change is necessary for the flawed and jealousy can be wrong in a person if they act unjustly upon that jealousy. Hey listen I've questioned God, but knowing He is the perfect being I ask Him to show me the truth because I know I'm flawed in my understanding of what God has done or is doing. If God were the dictator you want to believe Him to be do you really believe He would stop tormenting you every minute of your life, do you really believe He would need a hell to do so, you should think this over carefully. An omnipotent God that has no controlling traits would be the worse thing ever, there would be no stopping Him and if He were the terrible, manipulative being you believe He is then life would never be worth living, this in itself should show you that there is a God and that He is who He says He is and that you are the one who is mistaken about Him in all areas.

GC

Yes, he's supposed to be all knowing, so he knows exactly what I need to start believing he exists, and to convince me to start giving him a chance. Yet that hasn't happened.

Giving God a chance! God has already lived for an eternity and will continue on forevermore. You are the one who needs the chance it's you who needs redemption to have eternal life, not God. God is laying out before you your chance and He could only do that with the death and resurrection of Jesus. You are correct in say God knows what it will take to come to Him and if He has already presented it you have rejected it, maybe you need to look back through the history of your life and see, it is vital to find that calling. If as you say it hasn't happened yet it will and you should be keeping your ears open, the invitation is not something you should miss nor reject. Read the parable of the wedding feast it has information that will help.

Chad32 Wrote:He gave us free will, but there are many things that happen outside of our control. And when one evil person does something bad to his follower, he's basically choosing the evil person's free will over the victim. So the free will argument doesn't really slide. It also implies there's no free will in heaven, otherwise everyone would get kicked out eventually. And if there is free will in heaven, and it's working up there, why can't he make it work down here?

The bold by me doesn't really make sense, unless your saying God chooses to punish the evil doer for exercising his free will, well it's sin and sin must be punished. The victim didn't choose to have something bad happen to him by another person, that's what victim means.
There is free will in heave, in heaven we will understand the truth of God and who He is, we will have no desire to chose wrongly in heaven, we will chose to worship God instead because we will completely love Him. This argument atheist throw out when it comes to free will in heaven is no argument at all, you all have no understanding of God's work and who God is, you thus haven't a leg to stand on, why do you think Christians here always reject your claims about free will in heaven it's because that is all they are unfounded opinion. It can't work here because man has a sin nature about him and chooses to submit to the nature of self, now to understand this you might need to do a little Bible study, I've tried to explain it many times and no one seems to get it or they are just ignoring it, I believe it's the later. 

Chad32 Wrote:This makes me think that god doesn't understand the effects that death has on people. Because saying "he's in heaven with god" is never going to comfort anyone. Why aren't we killing every baby on the planet, then? If I truly believed they all go to heaven, then wouldn't I risk hell to ensure thousands, if not millions or billions of souls get heaven? It's a twisted concept to just say "well, babies that die get auto heaven". Besides, I don't remember any verses that explicitly state all children under a certain age go to heaven. Are you sure you're not the one picking and choosing what you believe?

Yes I'm sure I'm not picking and choosing, if I were then I would believe I was perfect and I know for a fact I'm not because I understand what the scriptures teach about me specifically. God has given a commandment of, do not murder and we are to obey that no matter what our intentions are, our intentions may seem correct when they are completely detirmental. Besides if you killed all the babies you would put an end to the human race and God nor man will allow such. You are trying to make an argument out of what God chooses to do with small children, I would think that people would be glad the little ones get into heaven. As for age that would depend on each child's development. Another thing you are over looking, Paul said he would gladly go to an eternal punishment if all the Jews could be saved but he then says this is not a possibility, He understood how god does things.
 God fully understands what it means for people to die, Jesus wept because of Lazarus's death and the effect it had on Martha. I just lost my mom and God has been with me, bringing me comfort because He knows it hurts deeply, even though I know she is in His presence, I miss her and what she brought to my life.

Chad32 Wrote:No, I know what it means when a guy orders people to go into a neighboring town to kill everyone except the virgin girls, and then hangs around to smell the blood and enjoy the carnage. It doesn't speak well of this god you worship.

God never said what you claim because you do not understand that somethings in the Bible are metaphors and I explained to you that meaning, it seems you have ignored what I said or stopped reading after the first sentence. If you can't except anything from people who know the things scriptures say then how can you possibly learn anything other than your own biased opinion.

Chad32 Wrote:When you say flaws aren't flaws when it's god, that's special pleading. Either jealousy is wrong, or it isn't. You can't just make an arbitrary exception.

Either killing a person is wrong or it isn't. By the above bold by me there would be no exceptions to killing, it all would be murder. So, no, I've not made an arbitrary exception even if the first part of your above reply is correct and it isn't. I never said God has a flaw of any kind that was you and you are wrong. Jealousy is an emotion, a thing that can just pop up even without warning, the wrong in jealousy is how you act upon it and I explained this in my last post to you, again you are not listening but rather acting on your biased opinion.

Chad32 Wrote:Apparently there is no stopping him. The world is often a horrible place, and it takes effort to keep going. It doesn't matter if you're the most devout follower of the correct god, your life is just as likely to suck as anyone else's. You'll get the same effect from worshiping Kim Jong Il.

In that you are completely wrong, "Kim the little fatty," is considered a god in North Korea and worshiping him has gotten his people nothing but trouble, they are starving to death by the tens of thousands every month. Even his military are under nourished as reported by a defector from his army just recently. I on the other hand have a garden blessed by God to provide me with much good food even through the winter months. You are right the world is a horrible place and man has made it this way and we are reaping what we've sown, but the Christians of this world can avoid much of this mess by living for God and keeping out of worldly living. Believe me when I tell you this, I know many Christians who live for God and worry little about the world that is falling apart, they have trust in God to care for them, as I do. We are concerned for those who are lost in the world, If I wasn't I would not be here and because of the debate the Christians had I'm considering leaving soon to re-evaluate if being here is actually worth what I'm missing out on in life.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by ignoramus - June 9, 2018 at 3:12 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by brewer - June 9, 2018 at 9:19 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 9, 2018 at 10:07 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by vorlon13 - June 9, 2018 at 10:15 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Simon Moon - June 9, 2018 at 1:39 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by henryp - June 9, 2018 at 1:48 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by brewer - June 9, 2018 at 2:45 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Minimalist - June 9, 2018 at 3:08 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by chimp3 - June 9, 2018 at 3:21 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 9, 2018 at 3:28 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by chimp3 - June 9, 2018 at 3:30 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by AFTT47 - June 9, 2018 at 8:48 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 9, 2018 at 10:24 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by ignoramus - June 9, 2018 at 10:39 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Valkyrie - June 10, 2018 at 2:52 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 10, 2018 at 3:18 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 10, 2018 at 9:08 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 10, 2018 at 9:14 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 10, 2018 at 9:35 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 10, 2018 at 10:02 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by AFTT47 - June 10, 2018 at 10:13 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 11, 2018 at 2:08 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 11, 2018 at 9:14 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 12, 2018 at 2:08 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 12, 2018 at 9:10 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 13, 2018 at 1:16 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 13, 2018 at 8:34 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 14, 2018 at 2:01 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 14, 2018 at 8:15 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 15, 2018 at 2:49 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 15, 2018 at 2:00 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 16, 2018 at 2:14 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Ravenshire - June 17, 2018 at 2:31 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 17, 2018 at 9:36 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 18, 2018 at 1:35 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Ravenshire - June 18, 2018 at 3:18 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 18, 2018 at 4:09 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Ravenshire - June 18, 2018 at 4:43 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 19, 2018 at 12:54 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Astreja - June 19, 2018 at 1:23 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 19, 2018 at 9:21 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 19, 2018 at 11:55 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 20, 2018 at 8:18 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Succubus - June 20, 2018 at 10:19 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 21, 2018 at 12:44 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 21, 2018 at 7:58 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Succubus - June 18, 2018 at 5:27 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by vorlon13 - June 14, 2018 at 5:01 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 15, 2018 at 12:33 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Astreja - June 18, 2018 at 1:53 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 10, 2018 at 10:27 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 10, 2018 at 2:30 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 10, 2018 at 7:46 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by MysticKnight - June 10, 2018 at 7:59 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 10, 2018 at 8:21 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 10, 2018 at 7:59 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 10, 2018 at 8:47 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by brewer - June 10, 2018 at 8:50 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 10, 2018 at 9:01 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by RDK1 - June 10, 2018 at 9:21 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by brewer - June 10, 2018 at 9:25 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by brewer - June 10, 2018 at 9:19 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by RDK1 - June 10, 2018 at 9:30 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by brewer - June 10, 2018 at 10:57 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Grand Nudger - June 10, 2018 at 11:35 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 11, 2018 at 7:35 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by ignoramus - June 11, 2018 at 12:08 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 12, 2018 at 12:08 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Drich - June 12, 2018 at 10:20 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by brewer - June 14, 2018 at 11:07 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Grand Nudger - June 12, 2018 at 12:10 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Crossless2.0 - June 12, 2018 at 12:17 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Huggy Bear - June 12, 2018 at 1:26 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 12, 2018 at 3:11 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Crossless2.0 - June 12, 2018 at 1:53 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Valkyrie - June 12, 2018 at 1:55 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Crossless2.0 - June 12, 2018 at 1:58 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Valkyrie - June 12, 2018 at 1:57 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Crossless2.0 - June 12, 2018 at 2:06 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Valkyrie - June 12, 2018 at 8:13 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by robvalue - June 14, 2018 at 9:08 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 14, 2018 at 9:41 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 16, 2018 at 8:18 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Grand Nudger - June 20, 2018 at 12:02 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by robvalue - June 20, 2018 at 12:19 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by KevinM1 - June 20, 2018 at 2:00 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by robvalue - June 20, 2018 at 2:51 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 20, 2018 at 6:28 pm
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by The Grand Nudger - June 21, 2018 at 12:47 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 22, 2018 at 12:46 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Angrboda - June 22, 2018 at 8:48 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Chad32 - June 22, 2018 at 8:58 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Godscreated - June 23, 2018 at 2:52 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by ignoramus - June 21, 2018 at 3:18 am
RE: Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? - by Haipule - June 21, 2018 at 3:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of atonement Foxaèr 11 1570 November 26, 2022 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Apparently yo ucan be poosessed via cyberspace...wtf ReptilianPeon 14 3935 November 20, 2015 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Astral WTF Longhorn 25 3127 July 5, 2015 at 3:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Just because somebody is a Cambridge Uni lecturer it doesn't mean they're smart...wtf ReptilianPeon 3 2091 June 25, 2015 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Your favorite biblical WTF moments ablenova 10 5557 December 9, 2013 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  WTF Bible Lemonvariable72 39 8246 September 19, 2013 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin