Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 8:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Can We Have Moral Direction If God Controls Everything?
RE: How Can We Have Moral Direction If God Controls Everything?
Then afflicted believers should change their idea of whatever happens being the will of god...and dial it back a few billion notches to "whatever god permits".  Which, apparently, is an awful lot of terrible shit he doesn't will.

I've always wondered how we explain the (non)response when a god walks into some room and two of his children..his favorite creations, made in his likeness, are fucking eating each other.

Godometer says...permissible. Moral cripple that god is, he sits back..doesn't want to get involved, free will and all that. Free will, lol..the one thing that an omnipotent god can just -never- find a workaround for, even if we can. Not that it matters, since you don't have one. You're a fallen creature. Sin touches every part of your being. You can't possess free will, you can only be sinful.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Can We Have Moral Direction If God Controls Everything? - by The Grand Nudger - October 10, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 12188 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4538 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why is religion in the business of moral policing? NuclearEnergy 85 16856 August 13, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If someone says science can't explain everything what's the best way to repond? ReptilianPeon 94 13722 December 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Money is everything Romney 12 1694 August 27, 2016 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Romney
  Do theists need a threat to be moral? brewer 33 3945 June 14, 2016 at 1:43 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheists Have the Most Logical Reason for being Moral Rhondazvous 24 7408 January 22, 2016 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Why Does Sincrety Make Everything Okay? Rhondazvous 16 4027 September 27, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My supporting POV on selfishness motivating human moral values smax 60 13661 July 15, 2015 at 5:29 am
Last Post: smax
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5527 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope