Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
It's clear that the compilers of genesis (and the rest of old magic book) did not intend the story to be taken literally - even though people ended up doing so.  Bit like atlantis in that regard.  In any case, there is no god to recant genesis, god didn't write it to begin with, and the people who did....didn't know shit.  

The details of creation were unimportant to them, anyway, what mattered was having a narrative that expressed their belief that god had A Plan™.

The people, today, who argue for literalism in genesis, are feckless and faithless individuals. Their god, if their god is legit, is the god of this world. He "did shit" exactly as we see it in this world, if he "did shit". If gods exist, their existence is a concurrent truth alongside biology. If we have to declare one false in order to maintain the cogency of the other...then it's their stupid rendition of a god that's going to get the axe.

A more critical reading would leave a person with the impression that..rather than being the "beginning of everything" - genesis was the beginning of their cultural awareness...the dreamtime at the start of their oral history. The world is made and then populated..with their tribe and with the Other™ in short order..and what immediately follows is a psuedo-historical establishment legend. The readers digest version;

"We used to be nekkid and frolicking around in the sticks..then a bunch of bullshit happened, and now here we are."
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution - by The Grand Nudger - October 18, 2018 at 6:37 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brahma and Abraham Fake Messiah 44 4105 September 21, 2020 at 5:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2449 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1410 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Jews are behind the NZ killings. ignoramus 4 1000 March 27, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2055 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham Kaloomi 68 9338 June 18, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2921 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 84535 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Get those kids o there! (Theists at Jacksonville try to pray Hurricane Irma away) causal code 20 6366 September 11, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7905 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus