Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 10:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not religion..believe me. It's something else
RE: It's not religion..believe me. It's something else
(November 14, 2018 at 10:27 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 9:31 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: If you think you're at the top of the world, feel like your horse is too high, this topic is for you.

Hell, you know very well that when people fought, it usually is for money or land. Religious wars ended so long ago, and with the "Mongol Invasion" that dropped so many dead, it was obvious that it is not religion that moves nations

World War 1 was the next huge war, followed by World War 2. and non of them were waged because of religion.
Wrong, two fold. WWI wasnt the next big war after the Mogols in Europe, and after the mongols there was religion causing wars and suffering, big time.

Exhibit A: 30 Years war
As the name suggests, it lasted 30(!!!!) years, was all about religion, fought on german soil with much of europe being involved, killing up to 75% of the local population (iirc it was in total some 25% of the whole population). It wasnt not only about religion, no it was an inter-religious war between cahtholics and protestants (like....hold your breath: shiites and sunnites, that why westerner are rolling their eyes so hard about this conflict). In many aspects it was worse than the mongols (apart from the fact that the mongols never made it to germany, because the Khan died of alcoholism).

The belt buckles of german soldiers in WWI (and WWII) read: "Gott mit uns" (god with us). So much for religion not being a part of WWI.

Quote:Here are the world's 5 bloodiest wars in history:
  1. World War II: Fought from 1939 to 1945, the Second World War is the deadliest conflict in history, with over 70 million fatalities. ...
  2. Mongol Conquests: ...
  3. World War I: ...
  4. The Manchu Conquest of China: ...
  5. Napoleonic Wars:

Source: -google

search term entered: what is the biggest war in history

Quote:
(1 hour ago)AtlasS33 Wrote: Wrote:Europeans when discussing Muslims, talk a lot about how the Middle East was always fucked up. But what about Europe? wasn't it so dark just a little while ago, the average age in it is 30 or younger? Did Europe forget the "War of the Roses" or the mad campaigns waged by kings ?
War of the roses was a dynastic struggle, and britain learned from it, thats the difference to much of the middle east, its an endless cycle of madness. Yes, europe wasnt very civilized for quite some time in quite some areas. Your point is? That religion doesnt cause wars, or because living conditions were bad, they would have been better with religion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barons%27_War

I don't think they learned until now. Britain had a long history of wars, either with France or within itself or as a consequence of the imperial expansions. My point is that when you want a war with 30,000,000 casualties, you never go to religion: but you go to the Kuffar -like the Mongols- or the west -WW1 & WW2-.

Quote:
Quote:AtlasS33 Wrote: Isn't it hilarious, to see a European whining about "Islamic Terrorism"? despite his brethren killing Millions in Japan just a few years ago? I mean if you use something monstrous like atomic bombs; what do you except your enemy to come carrying? flowers???
You do not know that hefty discussions about its justification arised in *the west* the day after the first nuke was dropped, and are still going on today?
Whats your point? If americans bomb Iraq, they shouldnt be surprised about terrorists?
I got news for you, we had terrorists (and do have) in Germany since the 70s at least, before any Germany troops fought....oh wait, the german constitution forbids sending german troops to foreign soil to fight. We only send troops to occupy regions, preferably with UN mandates, to suppress violence and terrorism in those areas. German troops arent allowed to engage in attacks, they are limited to self defense. Guess what, terrorists come to Germany to x-mas markets and run over people with Trucks, because of...... what? We had planes hijacked and innocent civilians publicly executed by "people liberation fronts"....why exactly? What have those innocent people done to palestine? What have innocent visitors of a german x-mas market done to deserve to be run over?
Whats the purpose of killing innocent people when innocent people get killed? -1 x -1 = +1? Two wrongs make a good?

I do know that the west has good people in it, and that's what the human race has:good and bad people.
But we are not speaking about the good people now; we are speaking about the criminals that hurt western people before they hurt foreigners; they led Europe and America to a world war once, and now they are doing it again (Trump and his likes).

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's not religion..believe me. It's something else - by WinterHold - November 14, 2018 at 11:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1633 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1944 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2574 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2382 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 3068 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 746 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 11731 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7970 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8603 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3491 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3