Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Christianity Inherently Supportive Of Slavery And Misogyny?
RE: Is Christianity Inherently Supportive Of Slavery And Misogyny?
Quote:Oh, so you can't find any quotes? Are bald faced liars that claim someone said something they never said, and continue to double down without providing any evidence, pieces of shit?

Someone help this delusional clown try and find a quote of where I "endorsed" slavery...
The only liar here is you Diaper boy and your little hatchet job at the hall of shame only compounds your shittiness.

(August 3, 2021 at 11:52 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: -And that's how we lose the thread, Tack.  First you contend that you do not see a thing..and then, breathlessly, transisition into exaltation of the very thing you just claimed not to see.  Not here for it.  Insult someone else, and insult yourself, on someone else's time.  Meanwhile, magic book condones -no- abolishment of slavery.  None.  Zilch.  Nada.  If these are your criteria, it fails by your own criteria.  It does endorse the shit you've been maintaining that it doesn;t, it does command the shit you've been claiming that it doesn't, ..and it doesnt do the modifying thing..already a concession, that you now insist.  

That's you.  You're doing that.  Not magic book.  Not the culture that wrote it.  It's how you see it but not how they saw it or indeed how they wrote it.  What it does, what they did, what's actually in it - all of your own failure conditions.  -and yet.....we have to bicker as though we don't both read the same words in the same language, on the same page.  I get that you want it to be better than it is.  That's why I think that you're a decent person whereas Huggy, for example, is a piece of shit..but has a more true to text faith than you.  

You argue it doesn't say what it does, he attempts to argue that what it manifestly and inarguably does say.... isn't bad.  Think about it.  I respect the difficulty of the position that contemporary christians find themselves in.  Rock and a hard place.  On the one hand, asserting the contents makes them an asshole to their peers -christian and otherwise-.  On the other, failure to assert the contents makes them unfaithful compared to their christian peers who will and do.

That's why, I think, theism circles the sewer by default.  Theres a demonstrable pressure to have the most garbage take in the room - for god.  Taking the high road is negatively valued and faith denying, whereas going full on gutter trash is religiously pious but practically deleterious.

You end your request to another poster by asking for something substantive - as if it would matter.  You're aware of the substance, and committed to denying it, and even your own awareness.  He could bring more substance, you will do more of the same.  Shameful - and pointless.

Christianity as an ideology inherently and explicitly supports both slavery and misogny - but you don't.  You disagree with your own silly religion on this - which I think is a good thing..but it's clearly optional and extrabiblical.

(August 3, 2021 at 3:47 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: You claim I endorsed slavery.

*emphasis mine*
Post the quote.
Go fuck yourself.  You said what you said, and the thread exists for anyone to read.  This is just you being an asshole on top of being the piece of shit you already declared yourself to be.
Now he's desperate enough to start shit-talking you in other threads 

https://atheistforums.org/thread-22972-p...pid2052642
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Christianity Inherently Supportive Of Slavery And Misogyny? - by The Architect Of Fate - August 4, 2021 at 11:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3713 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  You can be an immorale person and still promote christianity Kimba 12 1859 June 30, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Was Christianity started to control the masses and dictate poltical agendas GODZILLA 126 22434 April 17, 2018 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is Christianity and Islam so widely practiced? NuclearEnergy 12 2518 November 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Dawkins and Christianity rjh4 is back 56 19339 August 22, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9422 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity wolf39us 38 8021 June 2, 2016 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Aractus
  What is with refusing to admit slavery is wrong? ReptilianPeon 99 23195 August 25, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Divinity
  God in Christianity and Islam parakletos 24 6706 November 12, 2014 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: parakletos
  New age religions that threatens Atheists and Christianity repentsinners 5 1918 November 24, 2013 at 11:47 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen