Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism?
RE: Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism?
They're included in the set, ofc. I don't mean the original authors or orators of an initial story. Religion is a collective effort. It's certainly true that history is full of examples where a religious institution isn't maintaining a narrative for the benefit of mankind. It's arguable that any religious narratives have ever been created for the benefit of mankind, strictly speaking, in the first place. So let's use that as our point of reference. Let's say you followed a religion that wasn't constructed or maintained for the benefit of mankind - but you wanted it to be? That's where you might try to employ an allegorical understanding.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism? - by The Grand Nudger - March 27, 2022 at 8:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2774 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is religion simply more about control than a god? GODZILLA 24 2937 January 8, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10410 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  I am better than God! chimp3 24 4720 September 26, 2016 at 8:53 am
Last Post: brewer
  Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians orangedude 14 1936 April 27, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10984 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4974 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Study: Terrorists are motivated by Politics more than Religion Heat 23 4562 December 19, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: abaris
  Christian Fundamentalism vis a vis Muslim Fundamentalism Rhondazvous 12 2284 November 1, 2015 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19938 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon