Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am better than God!
I am better than God!
I am a much better person than God, Allah, or Jesus Christ!

I would never condone drowning children for disobedience, placing young girls into sex slavery after commiting genocide, or turning any woman into salt for a turn of the head.

I would never allow a son of mine to be tortured and killed because his friends were fornicators.

I don't think you would either.

I would never stand by and watch a child raped and murdered. I would do anything in my power to stop that from happening.

I believe you would too! That makes us all much better than god.

Oh, and I would never turn water into wine just once and refuse to do it again. I would (if I could) make it a standing miracle for all. Any time you want a glass just wish it so. Any vintage. Penfolds Bin60A Cabernet-Shiraz 1962 ? It's on me!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: I am better than God!
I am also better than a(nother) god:

[Image: turtlecarryingtheworld.jpg]

But yes... in all seriousness... basically every human being that has even lived is morally superior to the 3 Abrahamic gods at the very very least.
(September 25, 2016 at 11:03 am)Alastair Ham Wrote: I am also better than a(nother) god:

[Image: turtlecarryingtheworld.jpg]

But yes... in all seriousness... basically every human being that has even lived is morally superior to the 3 Abrahamic gods at the very very least.
So is every turtle!

I'm better than you.
(September 25, 2016 at 11:09 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I'm better than you.

We will have to establish a baseline.

I'm better than whatever is worse than me.
(September 25, 2016 at 11:12 am)Alastair Ham Wrote: I'm better than whatever is worse than me.

Are salamanders worse than turtles?

I am far more powerful than any god. I exist and can actually do things in the world. I can touch and lift objects. I can interact with people, who can see and hear and talk to me. I can understand what it is to be human. No god ever worshipped can do any of that..
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 25, 2016 at 11:14 am)Stimbo Wrote: I am far more powerful than any god. I exist and can actually do things in the world. I can touch and lift objects. I can interact with people, who can see and hear and talk to me. I can understand what it is to be human. No god ever worshipped can do any of that..

But the bible says!
Well, there is that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism? vulcanlogician 147 7798 April 5, 2022 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2591 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2364 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Is religion simply more about control than a god? GODZILLA 24 2877 January 8, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9553 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10360 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Zeus is more real than the Christian God.... maestroanth 4 1813 May 5, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians orangedude 14 1904 April 27, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Ways in which I'm more powerful than God robvalue 63 9745 November 20, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Loving God More Than Your Family & Spouse miaharun 61 10552 November 19, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady