Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arguing with God believers is beyond pointless
Arguing with God believers is beyond pointless
You can tell a religious person that you're an Atheist. You can clearly explain to them that you dont believe in God, heaven, hell, the boogeyman, witchdoctors or voodoo, fairies, or powerpuff girls. But for fun, you get into pointless debate with a Christian, and you decide to send a blasphemous message about Jesus to them.

Their reply:

Quote:Well,

your the only one that is responsible for your own actions so.Your only hurting yourself.Hell is a hot place and you have the right to go there.I think if you keep this up your surly headed in that direction.
If that's where you want to spend eternity. But I don't recommend it.Those who go there will suffer day and night in the lake of fire.There will be gnashing of teeth.The pain you feel here on earth is nothing compared to the pain a person feels in hell.

The pain in hell is 10,000x's worse then the pain you feel here on earth.The pain will never end in hell and you will never die.People that enter in to hell are already dead.Hell was made for Satan and his demons if you go there you go there as an intruder.You weren't meant for hell but.

Were all free moral agents and we have that right to choose where to spend eternity.Heaven or Hell?Think about it.This isn't a joking matter. Where will you go after you die and everyone has to die some day.Where will you spend eternity?I hope you make the right decision.Hell is hot and its not the place you would like to spend eternity in.

Erm, did the Christian kind of miss the point that we dont believe in heaven or hell?

Just a silly argument I'm having on Youtube that led me to make my first post here.

So, to make this into a topic, what would you write as a reply to that quoted message from a Christian? You know you would reply, because arguing with religious people is funny Smile
RE: Arguing with God believers is beyond pointless
lol @ powerpuff girls Smile

Howzabout: so the only reason you're a Christian is because of a Pascal type Wager?

But then you were deliberately winding them up saying stuff you knew would offend them.
"The pain in hell is 10,000x's worse then the pain you feel here on earth."

Evidence? Wink Shades
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
(April 25, 2009 at 9:06 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: But then you were deliberately winding them up saying stuff you knew would offend them.

But they always start it!

I watch religious / atheist videos on youtube and post silly blasphemous comments, usually involving Jesus in some kind of sexual act. Then I get bombarded with messages from Christians to argue with =D

Its funneh. Because saying those things where I live in real life would likely get me killed.

I do believe in Jesus though, he was real fo sure! He found some magical weed one day, began smoking it, gave it to all his chums, and then we got Christianity!
(April 25, 2009 at 10:44 pm)Bhavv Wrote:
(April 25, 2009 at 9:06 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: But then you were deliberately winding them up saying stuff you knew would offend them.

But they always start it!

I watch religious / atheist videos on youtube and post silly blasphemous comments, usually involving Jesus in some kind of sexual act. Then I get bombarded with messages from Christians to argue with =D

Its funneh. Because saying those things where I live in real life would likely get me killed.

I do believe in Jesus though, he was real fo sure! He found some magical weed one day, began smoking it, gave it to all his chums, and then we got Christianity!

I will have to admit, arguing with Christians is pretty fun (the best argument I have had was with a now ex-girlfriend). But "they always start it" is a very general and misguided statement.

I do not really think that the experiences you described in this post support your "they always start it" claim, because you said yourself that you post "blasphemous comments" on religious videos. fr0d0 is right, you did deliberately wind them up, probably hoping to start an argument. So, was it not you who really started it?

This is a terrible approach to take if you are interested in arguing or debating someone. You should try speaking to the Christian intelligently at first, expressing your beliefs, and possibly asking questions. And if that does not work, move on. Deliberately making people mad will get you nowhere, except perhaps a heated argument wherein nothing is ever truly gained.

You should try to be nice to people. Big Grin
"We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation, or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation, we consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

-President Barack Obama
I find it interesting how Christians always argue for their god, that they don't seem to get that we reject all gods not just theirs ... sure they make general arguments for the existence of a god but you never find them citing the scriptures of other religions, only bible related ones.

As Stephen Roberts said, "When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Very true - so often they seem to forget that we're against ANY God!

I found it hilarious - and quite ridiculous - when Dawkins said to John Lennox in a debate how he's in exactly the same position to the Christian God as he is to Zeus and he does not "believe atheism" as Lennox said - and Lennox said how this is nothing to do with Zeus because Zeus and other God's like that are "non-existent entities" and how this isn't about atheism vs theism it's about atheism vs Christianity; about two different viewpoints.

Lmao I found that so funny because he missed the whole point entirely that Dawkins was saying he was exactly the same in respect to Zeus as he was to Christianity; and what's the difference? Why is the Christian God any more reasonable to believe in exactly?

Lennox was simply acting as if Christianity was on a higher plane than someone if they believe(d) in Zeus but gave no real reason, he simply dismissed Zeus etc; and said they were "non-existent entities !" with a bare assertion. Oh so easy to evade there isn't it?

For anyone who hasn't seen the debate I am speaking of (and in video form, it's on audio in youtube) it's right here: http://www.dawkinslennoxdebate.com/

Then you can interpret your own way and deal with exactly what was said rather than my own paraphrasing and going by memory Smile

EvF

EDIT: Whoo hoo! 2000th post.
(April 26, 2009 at 3:52 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: ...but you never find them citing the scriptures of other religions, only bible related ones. </snip>

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Mohandas Gandhi

Tongue
(April 26, 2009 at 5:32 am)fr0d0 Wrote: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mohandas Gandhi

I suppose I should have been clearer since what is obvious to everyone else here apparently flew straight over your head (though I strongly suspect your "missing" the point was intentional) ... it is quite obvious that I meant, "when arguing to support the existence of your god" and whilst Ghandi liking or disliking your Christ may be interesting it is utterly irrelevant to your basic beliefs.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Indeed Mr Serious face Wink

I've said on this forum before I personally respect other religions and make full use of them when it suits. Expressions of a spiritual reality are just that, and not exclusive. How can they be. The Christian Bible covers other gods and faiths, why shouldn't Christians?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people purplepurpose 4 1069 September 27, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 151025 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Hardcore believers act like aliens from different planet purplepurpose 21 5027 December 15, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1237 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Believers, put yourself in my place. Gawdzilla Sama 102 12917 November 23, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Aren't Science vs. Creation Debates......rather pointless? maestroanth 30 5603 March 29, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Arguing w/ Religious Friends z7z 14 3431 June 5, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  A World Made For Believers, Obviously By The Divine LivingNumbers6.626 17 3507 April 26, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Razzle
  3 Questions For Believers (A work in progress.) topher 187 30590 April 20, 2015 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Bashed by believers Joods 47 9462 April 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Polaris