Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people
Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people
People literally in religion go insane from the vibes they give off. Because word of God not only contains crazy shit like never ending torture chambers, and mass executions of people because of the sin, which puts people self worth and integrity to a slave like levels. But said shit cannot be proven, which adds insult to the injury. Although hats off to the people who dive in to this top tier madness.
RE: Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people
Most of the believers in my real life community are sincere and peaceful, even with the small amount of feeling entitled and superior.

But there are definitely some who cross the line.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think this is right. A slave. The OP is accurate apart from the hats off part. I'm not taking my hat off to religious folk, I have a strong feeling many of them don't know they are born yet and those that do are playing Pascal's wager
I'm not sure what the point is in the OP but for arguments sake, let's acknowledge that religion encompasses an enormous range of people, attitudes and intentions. Some of those are nefarious while most are quite peaceful. It's rarely accurate to lump billions of people into one homogenous group and in doing so you incarcerate the innocent for the worst crimes of the guilty. So, I think the OP is rather nonsensical. Get specific and you can probably pin those accusations on some group or individuals with ease.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
A lot of Anglican ministers I've had in the past were universalists. They didn't believe anyone went to Hell.

I agree that the fundamentalist mindset is a type of insanity, as I was caught in it myself for a short while when a teen. Anything that penetrates the bubble of belief must be fought, lest the cognitive dissonance break the bubble.

I was at a bible study where a couple said that capital punishment must a good thing, because it was ordered by God in the Old Testament. That is the type of nutty thinking that arises.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1889 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Hardcore believers act like aliens from different planet purplepurpose 21 4971 December 15, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1225 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Believers, put yourself in my place. Gawdzilla Sama 102 12648 November 23, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A World Made For Believers, Obviously By The Divine LivingNumbers6.626 17 3478 April 26, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Razzle
  3 Questions For Believers (A work in progress.) topher 187 29944 April 20, 2015 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Bashed by believers Joods 47 9349 April 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  No Patience For Out Spoken Believers LivingNumbers6.626 13 2974 September 16, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  why is there even a word to describe non believers? ticktaka 26 5800 April 17, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: ticktaka
  To those who were once believers and are now atheists, some advice? *Deidre* 20 5426 March 19, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*