Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggesting regarding Kudos / Best-of-AF
Suggesting regarding Kudos / Best-of-AF
Here's a thought. I'm sure it would require a fair amount of custom work to pull off and maybe it's not feasible.... but I think it would be cool. I'm just basically brainstorming here on what I think would be a cool feature, though it's not really fully fleshed out.

One of Shell B's recent threads "AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition)" got me thinking...

It would be cool if posts could be nominated for "Best of AF" (BoAF) status (possibly via the existing Kudos system). Whatever method was used to qualify posts (Kudos or some other method), there could be a method to view new/recent/all BoAF posts, perhaps by copying/linking them into a read-only forum (with a link back to the original thread).

My thought would by that BoAF posts would be nominated by whatever criteria the reader wanted - any post that any reader thought was deserving of BoAF status would be eligible (whether for fame, infamy, or just for lulz). Of course a post would need multiple nominations to actually become BoAF.

I think this would be useful in that while the signal-to-noise ratio here is usually pretty decent, irregular readers would have an opportunity to easily find posts that other readers thought were worth immortalizing - without having to wade through a lot of thread history.

In addition, while I can't speak for anyone else, there are certain posters who's posts/threads I usually skip for whatever reason - and so I may miss something thought-provoking, humorous, or worth commenting from someone I would not ordinarily read. I suspect I'm not the only one who does this.

Comments, criticism, and suggestions are of course welcome.
RE: Suggesting regarding Kudos / Best-of-AF
Might be advantageous ...say for those who wish to browse first before joining?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Suggesting regarding Kudos / Best-of-AF
I'm fairly certain I was intoxicated when I suggested it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding Seax Foxaèr 3 1112 March 23, 2021 at 10:06 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Question regarding that heavy ban hammer Foxaèr 16 1872 July 28, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1296 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Question regarding post count Joods 38 5166 September 4, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  A question regarding alerts. Ravenshire 9 2547 August 20, 2017 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Regarding the post edit time limit of absolute Doom ErGingerbreadMandude 103 9456 August 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  My Kudos brewer 7 1872 July 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  You already gave kudos - wrongly so abaris 7 1935 May 22, 2016 at 4:22 pm
  Shoutbox Kudos! Edwardo Piet 4 1370 April 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13647 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU