Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would an omniscient God work?
How would an omniscient God work?
Considering this God knows every possible outcome, from the start to the end. Every single neuron and pathway possible, how and why every single human would act to every possible circumstance?

This in a way, nullifies free will. Since it actually isn't freewill if God baked us together with his ingredients and knows the outcome.

If the god knows the path of every human, he has already predetermined who will go to hell or not or who will turn out to be evil or not.. who will be an atheist or not and who will turn out to be a theist. So he then causes conflicts in between the two even though he created every single one of them in a certain way and purposely did so, just for his own entertainment? It would feel strange to say that a God would need entertainment since that would be a human trait, why would an all-powerful being need entertainment?

Thoughts on this?
RE: How would an omniscient God work?
This is simpler, why are children be starved, raped, annihilated and subjected to monsterous disease's when there is a All knowing, All "loving" and All seeing god. Omnicient god was never even a possibility unless he is cruel and sadistic.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Quote:“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Epicurus
(January 22, 2012 at 3:34 pm)JohnDG Wrote: This is simpler, why are children be starved, raped, annihilated and subjected to monsterous disease's when there is a All knowing, All "loving" and All seeing god. Omnicient god was never even a possibility unless he is cruel and sadistic.

True, although a God could want balance and not a perfect world if that somewhat makes sense? (Even though it doesn't)

But the traits humans have given to god are impossible and extremely contradictory e.g. all-loving as in your example, it merely feels like humans have created a god as a projection of what we really want. As if reality is boring and we need to spice it up and give a sort of meaning for our existence.

I don't understand how any human could give god any attribute if we aren't supposed to understand him, isn't that what theists claim? That we can never understand him?

Yet they continue to tell me that god is this and god is that, constantly applying human emotion to something that would be unable to have these traits if that being were to be omnipotent and omniscient.
9-5 like an average Joe.
Look around you: He wouldn't.
He's a lazy son of a bitch. In addition to being a sadist.
This topic has been discussed countless times on this and other sites throughout the internet. Wait for the verbal diarrhoea from the theists.
(January 22, 2012 at 5:22 pm)Forsaken Wrote: This topic has been discussed countless times on this and other sites throughout the internet. Wait for the verbal diarrhoea from the theists.

That's what I thought, could you please link me where it has been discussed?

I fail to see any possible logical answer to solve this (out of many) huge problem(s) with god.

(January 22, 2012 at 5:39 pm)Soyouz Wrote:
(January 22, 2012 at 5:22 pm)Forsaken Wrote: This topic has been discussed countless times on this and other sites throughout the internet. Wait for the verbal diarrhoea from the theists.

You like diarrhoea...?
(January 22, 2012 at 5:45 pm)Rokcet Scientist Wrote:
(January 22, 2012 at 5:39 pm)Soyouz Wrote:

You like diarrhoea...?

It's entertaining.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 8946 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78695 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Prayers don't work so why do religious keep jabbing at it? Fake Messiah 65 9749 August 26, 2019 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4049 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 6843 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2564 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11620 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4634 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Nice Work, Shitheads Minimalist 7 1401 September 28, 2017 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Question Does detector LIGO work on freewill only? theBorg 49 6480 September 17, 2016 at 7:42 am
Last Post: LastPoet