Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official debate with local pastor.
Thumbs Up 
Official debate with local pastor.
Hey guys my friend's pastor is going to attempt saving my soul through logic and reason but he also has an advantage over me. He is 40 something and has read almost every bible I can think of except which of those that are forbidden. I can easily unsettle most christian's using logic to point out their faults but this is kinda like the biggest wolf in the pack. He actually invited me to lunch so we can talk then in private about religion and god. It would really help me out if you guys could give me some advice or a few spears to throw at him. haha
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
RE: Official debate with local pastor.
Just call him a cunt.
Just drag your balls across his face.
Cunt
Just point out that his logic is invalid as he uses a pre-supposition or assumption that there must be a god.

Or show him some of Min's translations (look up mins previous threads)

Lastly, he doesn't have an advantage over you. He's read every bible, i've read every Harry Potter, so what?
I will look into min's thread but im not going to flat out insult him. I can be a better person then a christian.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
haha, i'm joking, obviously do not insult him, but be strong in your arguments, you need to come across as nice but forthright.
Oh, pastor gonna attempt to save your soul through by logic and reason? Lure him into logical trap. Any flawed logical premises will be dismissed easily, like Pascal's wager, for example.

(January 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm)JohnDG Wrote: I will look into min's thread but im not going to flat out insult him. I can be a better person then a christian.

Where's the fun in that?
Doesn't have to be fun, just has to be a good person because if we are not christians won't see why they are wrong.
(January 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm)JohnDG Wrote: Doesn't have to be fun, just has to be a good person because if we are not christians won't see why they are wrong.

They'll never see that anyway.

Remember one thing in your discussion. These people always begin with the supposition that their fairy tales are true. If you allow them to operate from that premise you can't win. They must provide EVIDENCE ( and not just phony stories about how god reached down and stroked their dicks ) to demonstrate that their god is real. Hold to that like a pitbull on a t-bone or they will trot out all sorts of pious horseshit to confuse the issue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Will Debate Alan V 82 4611 November 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Debate Invitation John 6IX Breezy 3 679 September 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
Thumbs Up VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate vulcanlogician 43 4462 May 18, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 16991 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate BrianSoddingBoru4 17 3225 September 3, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Debate Challenge TruthisGod 127 19660 November 20, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Hello, Anyone interested in a debate? Anima 355 79229 July 8, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Anima
  Moral realism vs moral anti-realism debate is a moot point Pizza 1 1042 March 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Discussion on debate between Esquilax and His_Majesty. Esquilax 169 30726 November 16, 2014 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Official Thread to Discuss the Philosophy of Immanuel Kant Mudhammam 6 1437 August 12, 2014 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam