Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 12:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An actual letter my friend wrote on my behalf
The following is a letter my friend wrote no my behalf. I wont you to know exactly what goes on with the psychiatry in Australia. And also I want you to know that there is always hope. I atleast I believe in intervention.

This document has been written on behalf of Ervin P. to provide an approximate account of his psychiatric treatment experience with particular note to the year 2011 during which time Ervin was fulfilling the requirements of his Community Treatment Order. We hope we can convince an organisation or person of influence that Ervin has suffered an inappropriate level of inflexibility in the imposing of medication on him even though it was acknowledged by his Carers that he had naturally recovered from the illness being treated.

It must be stated that neither Ervin nor I have access to any relevant personnel or medical records so all events are based on Ervin’s memory but can be verified at the institutes in which he received treatment. To respect the privacy of individuals involved, names have been omitted from this document.

He first began receiving medication in 2005 when after a psychotic episode he voluntarily sought help at the Werribee Mercy Hospital Psychiatric Unit. He spent around one week there and was released with some medication.

Over the next few years Ervin was incarcerated for crimes which he committed while he was mentally well. This put him under the care of the Melbourne Assessment Prison –Acute Assessment Unit.

He attempted to cease medication on a number of occasions unsuccessfully and relapsed approximately once a year (4 episodes in which he committed no crimes and was not a danger to others). During these years Ervin had not taken any illicit substances although on 3 occasions had consumed alcohol and while intoxicated his recollection was faulty so he claims he cannot be 100% certain.

In early 2010, for the first time he decided to confess his crimes while he was unwell. Upon his release the psychologists he worked with during his six months of incarceration classified him a “Low Risk” of reoffending which is the minimum level of risk available.

Community Treatment Order 2011 Early 2011 - He experienced a family crisis and took illicit substances for the first time in 7 years. - Around 2 weeks later he became unwell again and made another police confession. - He spent around a week and a half at the Werribee Mercy Hospital Psychiatric Unit and was placed on a Community Treatment Order. - He began attending weekly meetings with the CAT team at Saltwater Mental Health Clinic. o During this time he complained to Dr. Juliana that antipsychotics were making him feel suicidal. He was told he had to take them regardless of the anxiety he felt. - He made two further confessions to the police while well. - He made an unofficial complaint that he had only been informed of a Mental Review Board Hearing 2 hours before it was scheduled to occur. September 2011 - He made an unofficial complaint that he had only been informed of a Mental Review Board Hearing 6 days after it was scheduled to occur. October 2011 - Ervin can no longer stand the effects of the antipsychotics so he makes a desperate choice to break off completely and attempt to face his Psychosis. He is able to naturally come out of his Psychosis. Ervin believes recover was due to the police confessions he had been making and also his religious faith.

November 2011 - At this stage Ervin has changed his place of residency and is seeing the CAT team at the Inner West Mental Health Service Waratah Clinic. - Owing to his obvious recovery, Ervin makes a verbal agreement with the CAT team that he is no longer required to take antipsychotic medication on the condition that he does not take illicit drugs.

December 2011 - Ervin meets with the CAT team who ask him why he has no job if he is well. This makes Ervin feel that they are “blackmailing”/insinuating that he was not being honest with them. He is told that they were considering placing him on medication again. -I Almunther spoke to Ervin after he had been off medication for roughly two months and had been out of psychosis for forty days. In my unprofessional opinion he seemed completely normal and his beliefs regarding Religion and a Monotheistic Deity were not in any way harmful to a tolerant society and are in line with my own beliefs. He does have a passion for his Religion, but in my opinion his mood was less “elevated” than people you see on the Religious Channels on Cable Television. I believe he was in a recovered state as we spoke at length about his situation and he seemed normal. - At a subsequent CAT team meeting, Ervin is informed that the Clinical Risk Management Team met and they came to the conclusion that Ervin was at a high risk of relapse and would either take medication voluntarily or have his CTO revoked. o He argues that he was told 0.01% of people recover and never relapse again but the CAT team denies every disclosing such statistics. o He is told that he will have the opportunity to talk at the Mental Health Review Board meeting scheduled less than a week after. Having been told his CTO will be revoked, he is not going to have the opportunity to attend it. o He is offered the option of weaker medication if he complies. Owing to the circumstances of his recovery Ervin believes medication can only harm his recovery and refuses to voluntarily take it. He expresses his disappointment that they are going to force him to take medication purely as a preventative measure even though he is strongly opposed to the action and is not even ill. - On December 10th, Ervin is forcibly removed from his home and taken to the John Cade Unit of the Royal Melbourne Hospital. While at John Cade Unit: o Day 1- He is informed by one of the doctors that he has psychosis because he talked about religion too much and had an elevated mood. Ervin argues that his mood was elevated due to the dramatic escalation of events that led to his hospitalisation. And argues he should not have been hospitalised as he was not ill. o Day 2 - he meets with a doctor. Ervin walks out during the meeting disappointed with the doctor’s refusal to let him seek alternate treatments options and having determined that the sole purpose of the meeting was to determine the amount of medication required. Ervin is forcibly administered 50ml of Zuclopenthixol o Day 3 – Ervin is forcibly administered 200ml of Zuclopenthixol o Day 6 – Ervin has up till now refused to talk to doctors due to his disapproval of the entire affair. While being forcibly administered 300ml of Zuclopenthixol he is told he should cooperate or he will simply be diagnosed with Paranoia and given larger doses of medication. o Day 7 – Ervin decides to talk to doctors. - On December 15th Ervin misses the Mental Health Review Board meeting due to his hospitalisation and revocation of his CTO. - Upon release the next day Ervin’s friend refuses to allow him to ride a bicycle due to his lack of alertness. Over the next few days he hears comments from his friend that his behaviour has changed. I too noticed he seemed more apathetic about life. - Ervin suffers anxiety attacks and considers suicide, he resorts to antidepressants.

Having described his situation, Ervin and I would like to express our dissatisfaction with the level of care provided and point to a few shortcomings: - Mental Review Board Hearing o was told about a hearing 2 hours before. Giving him insufficient time to access Legal Representation; o was told about a hearing after the actual event date and time had passed. Causing him to miss the hearing and potentially have a negative impact on his compliance record; o had his CTO revoked a few days prior to the hearing. He had been told during the CAT team meeting that he would be able to attend it. This is an example of the disconnect between what patients are told and what actually occurs. - He made an agreement with his Carers to not take illicit substances if they did not medicate him which they recanted without warning or reason. -Ervin claims to have been given statistical information that 99.99% of patients never recover after multiple relapses. This discussion was denied to have ever happened. Such disagreements could be easily refuted if all correspondence between clients and service providers were documented and recorded. -Ervin felt staffs were insinuating that he was lying about his recovery and reformed character. As there is no means of determining how clients are being treated by their Carers, this also builds a case for greater transparency and integrity during all interactions between clients and service providers. -There appears to be no appeal process for the revoking of his CTO. - Talking too much about religion and elevated mood were the reasons given for his re-diagnosis of psychosis which according to the Mental Health Act appear insufficient criteria in determining mental illness. - Forced Drugging – At his time in John Cade Medical Unit, Ervin was complying with all instructions. However Ervin refused to talk to doctors and this caused them to inject additional amounts of anti-psychotics. These drugs affect Ervin’s negatively, inducing severe anxiety and suicidal inclinations. Nurses at the Unit commented that Ervin did not appear to have any illness so this seems an extreme measure just to get someone to talk against their will. Ervin and I believe antipsychotics have long term effects that are damaging and should not be administered just to make someone talk. We are also shocked at the level of the dosages.

It is our hope that we have provided enough detail to prompt an investigation or spark interest in this case.

Please feel free to add Ervin on facebook and support him: Ervin P - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000866088564 Almunther A

RE: An actual letter my friend wrote on my behalf
tl;dr, but why are you posting your dirty laundry here?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Yakhsy, körelmen.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
A close analysis of the presented material gives me a picture of a man who has a history of mental illness.

He also has a history of relapses and substance abuse. Furthermore, Ervin's claims of obviously flawed information (99.99%?) along with their denial creates a believable situation where Ervin may have imagined the entire event. This would tip the balance towards the doctor's decision that Ervin is mentally unwell.

If Ervin wants out and is truly caged by the state in an unjust manner, perhaps he should start taking detailed notes complete with locations and date/time stamps of everything he sees, hears, is told by these people.

Then when it comes to Ervin's word versus that of a doctors, Ervin can present something consistent and clearly documented.

But that's what a non-crazy would do. Wink
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Quote:It is our hope that we have provided enough detail to prompt an investigation or spark interest in this case.

Sorry mate, not from me. Everything you have posted reinforces my perception that you are batshit crazy (no offence) and need supervised care.. That you have little insight into your illness is typical of people suffering from psychoses.

I avoid the mentally ill because:

(1) I have enough 'issues' of my own

(2) I'm not qualified to deal

(3) Unbalanced people are VERY hard work

(4) They scare me.

(5) I don't know you from a bar of soap,and have no interest or investment in your life or well being.

(6) A history of "substance abuse" is often a euphemism for addict.If your illness is drug induced,the long term prognosis may be poor.

From the information you have provided,you are in the right place.I urge you to accept treatment and keep taking the medication.
Here is the evidence that I was fine after not taking medication for two months. I came naturally out of psychosis and after about forty two days they arrested me and forcibly injected me. In the recording you will hear that even the psychiatrists and psych nurses admit that I am fine and that I came out of psychosis naturally, thank God:

http://involuntarytreatmentcase.com/?q=n...ttachments

Doesn't matter -- if you have a history of relapses and drug use, then your psychosis can and most definitely will have some component that has been altered, sometimes permanently. This can further destabilize a patient who experiences issues with separating between fantasy and reality.

Your indulgence in religious matters would no doubt have been perceived in a similar light as someone flirting with "redefining" reality (aka crazy).

Either way, I'm not certain of your sanity given the fact the state has to intervene on an apparently regular basis. That's doesn't come cheap, but once you mentioned criminal background, it all made sense.

From the State's point of view, you're a criminal with a history of mental illness and should be regulated as such.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Sorry Pel .... You are fucked. You have a long way to go before you reach sanity. Nothing you post here will exonerate you. Keep up your therapy and you might make it.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 26, 2012 at 5:47 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Yakhsy, körelmen.

Peace Mehmet and everyone else. Mehmet, can you explain what are you saying.

What's Yakhsy, korelmen.

I don't speak Turkish, if that's what it is. I can speak only English and Montenegrin wich is Bosnian wich is Serbian wich is Croatian. I should just say I speak Yugoslav, even though language called Yugoslav or the country called Yugoslavia officially doesent exist.

Thanks

You're in a mental institution posting in this thread? Yeah . . . . no.

I'm not sure what you are going on about and why you keep posting these threads. Assuming your intentions are not of the devious kind (I can't stand Munchausen by Internet), my advice would be to talk to your therapist.

Aren't you the guy who went to a seminar and was all better? Could have been another one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airport three letter codes. Brian37 14 658 July 4, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2492 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A Letter to Pope Francis (signatures needed) Catholic_Lady 40 3556 September 7, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  All the cool kids are making questionnaires, so what the actual, am I right? c172 8 1050 April 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  So my redneck friend came to visit on Friday. Brian37 9 2321 June 5, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 811 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  I wanted to share a blog post I wrote recently WisdomOfTheTrees 12 2209 February 8, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Nine
  pool wrote another poem :) Criticism welcome :) ErGingerbreadMandude 0 699 November 30, 2016 at 10:10 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Your friend tells you they're a paedophile robvalue 144 14103 November 3, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  So I wrote a poem.. ErGingerbreadMandude 43 3508 February 16, 2016 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Exian