Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Letter to Pope Francis (signatures needed)
A Letter to Pope Francis (signatures needed)
Hey guys, I've been spreading this around and figured it wouldn't hurt to do it here as well. I know this is an atheist forum and with Kitty Ann gone and Ignorant no longer being active, I am the last remaining Catholic. However, if you were ever baptized Catholic or otherwise used to be Catholic and feel compelled to sign, please do so. Or if you have Catholic friends/family, please pass this on to them. For any lurking Catholic who may be reading this site, please sign and share wherever you can. 

Thanks all.

Letter to Pope Francis from Catholic Women

Letter to Pope Francis from Catholic Men
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: A Letter to Pope Francis (signatures needed)
Unless it's telling him and his curia to commit suicide, like so:

It ain't worth signing. We both know that.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Yeahhhh, no. Whether I want the entire institution of the RCC gone or not, I won't be signing anything with that much churchy verbiage in it, which I don't believe in.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Four points:
  • Although I'm an Atheist, and baptised Lutheran, I did attend a Catholic high school, so I doubt that my opinion will have much weight.
  • In all this time, the Church has done little more than throwing rhetoric at the situation, and, even if I hadn't given up hope in authoritarian, tradition-based organisations changing for the better in general long ago, I doubt that it will change anything.
  • 43,000 signatures between the two petitions; this is taking some pretty good momentum.
  • Petitions are meaningless if the organisations to which they're addressed have any intention of taking them into account; rules are meaningless if their enforcers have no interest in enforcing them. 
Sorry, CL.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Alternative Letter To The Pope:

Holy Father:

We the undersigned have a programme regarding resolution of the current abuse allegations which have afflicted the Church.   We hereby submit if for your consideration: 

-Any member of the Church - male, female, ordained or laity - who is accused of sexual misconduct with a minor, or any who abets such conduct or withholds information regarding the accusation, be immediately suspended from all church functions.

-All information and evidence regarding the allegation is to be turned over to the relevant secular authorities for investigation.

-In the event of  conviction, the accused shall be punished according to secular law, and the Church shall declare them excommunicate and anathema.

-Also in the event of conviction, the Church shall admit to wrongdoing for allowing the misconduct to occur, and shall abjectly apologize to the victim and his/her family.

In Jesus' name, do SOMETHING.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Holy Father and Bishops of the United States, we plead for justice for the victims of abuse. We add our voices to those of the bishops who have called for an investigation of the Church hierarchy, both in our own country and in the Vatican. This investigation should be carried out by faithful lay men and women. Further, we encourage other groups to make their voices heard by writing more letters of this nature.
Yeah, nah.  Not gonna add my name to a dead letterbox campaign pleading like supplicants for some faithful catholic dipshit to investigate his beloved parish priest.

If you want to plead for justice, plead to your local sex crimes unit, not the clergy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Contactor your local district attorney and urge prosecution under RICO.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 6, 2018 at 8:58 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Contactor your local district attorney and urge prosecution under RICO.

RICO is a federal statute, and the move from local DA to Federal DA will likely take a while. And even then, this would have to be an international case, and in RICO cases, other countries tend to only cooperate when their own nation's laws are broken. Bear in mind that the Vatican is its own sovereign nation and actually had the cover-up of priestly sexual abuse ENSHRINED IN LAW until fairly recently.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
those bastards

corrupt for 2000 years and counting . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Those letters are the equivalent of a limp dick.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you kiss Pope's ring? Fake Messiah 30 873 July 29, 2022 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Pope Francis to channel the dead mother of Jesus. Jehanne 3 262 March 22, 2022 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Airport three letter codes. Brian37 14 706 July 4, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Major calendar reform needed. Gawdzilla Sama 5 774 January 9, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Forum add-ons that are needed. Gawdzilla Sama 33 1380 August 15, 2020 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Heart American Gods & The Young Pope AnubisBarba 4 414 March 25, 2020 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Well, the pope came to Portugal LastPoet 15 2629 May 16, 2017 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  So, I did it. Opinions needed Joods 31 2455 August 15, 2016 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Laughing at the Pope FebruaryOfReason 45 4161 April 17, 2016 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Advice needed: Become an HOA board member? Clueless Morgan 7 2054 April 10, 2015 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13