Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santorum - Rightwing evangelicalism is the founding of our country
Santorum - Rightwing evangelicalism is the founding of our country
Santorium pleads with people to stop donating and going to college, as it turns people into liberal atheists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIh1F-V6e...ature=plcp
RE: Santorum - Rightwing evangelicalism is the founding of our country
I lol'd when I saw this on TYT. He's a funny fucker who just by saying this loses his own voters, people want their kids to go to college. Such a funny douchebag.
In other words, if the colleges fall, then liberalism will fall, according to Santorum. We should force colleges to push right wing ideology as opposed to facts or refuse to support them.

these people will not be happy until everything that isnt right wing propaganda is destroyed.
(January 30, 2012 at 1:06 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: I lol'd when I saw this on TYT. He's a funny fucker who just by saying this loses his own voters, people want their kids to go to college. Such a funny douchebag.

Did you hear how quiet the audience was when he said that crap about colleges, and then asked them to "stop it" when it comes to supporting colleges. Its almost like you can hear a pin drop.

Apparently Fox news didnt hand pick the crowd to have people clapping and yelling "shut the colleges down" or "To hell with college!"like they have done with other GOP debates.
Santorum is not long for this race. The money is going to dry up.
(January 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Santorium pleads with people to stop donating and going to college, as it turns people into liberal atheists.

Well he is probably right about knowledge turning people away from the idea of god.

The facts will do that.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 30, 2012 at 2:26 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(January 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Santorium pleads with people to stop donating and going to college, as it turns people into liberal atheists.

Well he is probably right about knowledge turning people away from the idea of god.

The facts will do hat.

Of course he is correct that proper knowledge of the facts turns people away from LITERAL translations of the bible. If anything colleges tend to make people less evangleical instead of less religious. As far as colleges creating atheists, I doubt that... agnostic types maybe, but open atheists I doubt it.
(January 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Of course he is correct that proper knowledge of the facts turns people away from LITERAL translations of the bible. If anything colleges tend to make people less evangleical instead of less religious. As far as colleges creating atheists, I doubt that... agnostic types maybe, but open atheists I doubt it.

Any step in the right direction is a good one.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 30, 2012 at 2:44 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(January 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Of course he is correct that proper knowledge of the facts turns people away from LITERAL translations of the bible. If anything colleges tend to make people less evangleical instead of less religious. As far as colleges creating atheists, I doubt that... agnostic types maybe, but open atheists I doubt it.

Any step in the right direction is a good one.

Oh yeah...dont let my skepticism make it seem negative. I personally think Santorum is just being the typical drama queen, and it is nowehre NEAR as bad as he claims it to be.

Yet, part of me wishes what Santorum claimed about college was absolutely 100% true. It would be great if an institution so quickly switched ones belief from superstitious to reality affirming. Sadly, I dont have as much faith in the colleges to do so like santorum does.
Notice how he uses the claim that if colleges were "teaching Judeo-Christian principles" (in other words, Christian indoctrination centers), they wouldn't get any government money, but if they're secular, then the government funds them?

I know he's playing the poor persecuted Christian card, but OF COURSE secular colleges get government money, many of them are run by the STATE! And that pesky 1st Amendment that Christians hate so much don't allow religious schools to receive tax dollars!

I wonder what Mr. Frothy's stance on Bob Jones University, Oral Roberts University, or any other Christian school is? My sister-in-law went to a Catholic-run college. Maybe he just wants people to buy PhD's from Kent Hovind's alma mater Patriot University, so they can debate those pesky evolutionists!
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(January 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Yet, part of me wishes what Santorum claimed about college was absolutely 100% true. It would be great if an institution so quickly switched ones belief from superstitious to reality affirming. Sadly, I dont have as much faith in the colleges to do so like santorum does.

The thing that really makes a difference is rational debate. If you can talk calmly with an intelligent Christian and you understand the basis of his religion, you can fairly easily get him to understand the flaws in his indoctrination. That is why Christian forums and churches will not allow open debate. If they did allow it there would be very few intelligent Christians.

Before you make the obvious joke, yes, there are plenty of intelligent Christians out there but few of them actually think that the bible is the inspired word of god, they just have an instinctive belief. That is absolutely fine by me, it's the ones who think that they know exactly what god wants them to do who are the problem Christians or Muslims or Jews etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yeah....Way Too Many Fucking Morons Running Around Loose in this Country Minimalist 37 8456 February 3, 2015 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Ravenshire