Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Lady of Fatima?
Our Lady of Fatima?
What do you all think of this.. phenomenon?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_F%C3%A1tima

I have flirted with atheism but it is phenomena like this that make me come back into the arms of the Church.

It seems so... so valid. Why would those shepherd children lie about seeing Mary, and how does one explain the miraculous "Miracle of the Sun?"

It seems Russia has indeed been converted, with record amounts of people loving Jesus and his immaculate mother Mary! Atheism on the decrease, and people are flocking to churches.

True, they are Eastern Orthodox instead of Catholic, but it is a fine religion all the same. They are just one Pope short of being completly true! Smile 

I mean.. I have never heard someone reasonably refute Fatima.. how does one.. does one explain it? Undecided
RE: Our Lady of Fatima?
Why don't you read the whole article.  The whole thing sounds like political propaganda.
It's just political nonsense
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
You don't need to explain anything to point out arguments from ignorance.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 25, 2016 at 12:34 pm)robvalue Wrote: You don't need to explain anything to point out arguments from ignorance.

Or by ignorants!
It's amazing how they can make retroactive predictions and be called miraculous. Like two of the children died and afterwards it's all: They predicted their own deaths. Or the woman says that she predicted John Paul II getting shot, conveniently years after it happened. Give me a break. Useless hackery that should fool no modern person.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
If the Sun really went zipping around in the sky, there would have been immeasurable gravitational havoc throughout the Solar System. Planets would have been flung in every direction and thrown out of the System altogether.

If it was 'just' the Earth being tossed around to give the illusion of the Sun moving in the sky, same deal as far as this planet is concerned. Earthquakes, tidal waves, volcanic disruption on an apocalyptic scale and worse. Funny how nobody reported any of that.

If, as I have heard desperately shoehorned into the story, "God" was controlling all these factors, then at the barest minimum everyone on the daylight hemisphere, plus everyone living in the concomitant libration zone would have seen and reported the Sun moving around unnaturally. It wouldn't have been localised to one remote village.

Conclusion: whatever else was going on, the Sun wasn't moving around off its axis. But the real stake through the heart of this childish 'miracle' story is that even if it happened exactly as described, or something happened comparable to the description (mass hysteria, etc), there is no way to join the dots between it and "therefore "God" exists".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
OP: Jerkoff
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Our Lady of Fatima?
-You- stare directly into the sun for an extended period time and see what kind of crazy looking shit pops up, lol. These people were lucky if their eyes weren't damaged.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(January 25, 2016 at 12:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Why don't you read the whole article.  The whole thing sounds like political propaganda.

Old Salazar grasped the concept. Fado, Football and Fatima, was enough to keep the populace under control. Even today people pilgrimate there. The sad part is that in blind faith to keep a promise the news are full of pillgrims hit by car news. I am Portuguese, I know all about it. Its good for turism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up! Jehanne 21 4973 October 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The undeniable miracle at Fatima pabsta 582 154758 August 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Lady rises from the dead FutureAndAHope 38 8656 January 17, 2013 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Is the Lord really a bearded lady? A sideshow freak? Rokcet Scientist 25 10510 June 6, 2011 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Faith No More