Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you call this?
What would you call this?
What do you think this belief is? My belief are that if there is a being or deity or force in the universe it is balanced and fair and breath life in to all things and creatures(even that not of this world) and is part of us and maybe starts the chain of events that allows us to evolve?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: What would you call this?
I would say Theist?
Unfounded?

In all seriousness though it sounds like pantheism, but I am far from an expert on such things.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I feel when ever I pin something down something messes with my head throwing it up in the air, I base everything I know on cold hard facts but then i get this feeling like there just something there and I have know idea, or its my over active mind messing with me time and time again and the feeling is not in my heart but my head, and I want it to go away, when every I see something I go one way but at the same time I go the other when I see cold hard fact. I just I just don't know what to belief
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
I would call it "halfway to realizing that there are no magical sky-daddies at all."

(February 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I would call it "halfway to realizing that there are no magical sky-daddies at all."

I have never been brought up to believe this but ever since I came out religion has been messing with my mind. I hate it I want to kill it dead, but can't wrap my head around it.
Well, I believe that is a common problem, and is probably a huge factor in why religion is so big. The analytical part of the mind can't overrule the emotional part of the mind. Just keep reminding yourself that religious beliefs shouldn't be based on what you feel, but what you feel can be proven. Or maybe you just need to not think about it so much. Is it really that important to pin down your beliefs in such a manner?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I suggest that you need to stop playing in their ball park and play a few games at home.

http://www.infidels.org/library/historic.../gods.html

Quote:The Gods (1872)
Robert Green Ingersoll

An honest God is the Noblest Work of Man.

Each nation has created a god, and the god has always resembled his creators. He hated and loved what they hated and loved, and he was invariably found on the side of those in power. Each god was intensely patriotic, and detested all nations but his own. All these gods demanded praise, flattery, and worship. Most of them were pleased with sacrifice, and the smell of innocent blood has ever been considered a divine perfume. All these gods have insisted upon having a vast number of priests, and the priests have always insisted upon being supported by the people, and the principal business of these priests has been to boast about their god, and to insist that he could easily vanquish all the other gods put together.

Seem familiar? Feel free to read the rest.
Well I think I found the source of the problem, I did not know I was being brainwash with cleverly disguised christion rock brainwashing, this has being remind but a strong dose of Iron Maiden number of the beast. and the confection is gone.
Huh?

Don't think about it too much, dude. Get a great hobby and whether there is a god or not will not matter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78697 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  For a good time call The Valkyrie 25 2571 November 21, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4049 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  How do you call someone who is religious only because it makes them feel happy? Der/die AtheistIn 38 7432 November 25, 2017 at 12:31 am
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2566 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11622 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3326 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4636 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you call my new beliefs? Won2blv 88 12083 March 6, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Nonpareil
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 13938 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny