Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a shoulder to cry on.
Looking for a shoulder to cry on.
So, walked into my daughters' room from my son's room, and there are scraps of paper all over the floor. No big deal, happens all the time. Went to pick them up. It was my copy of The Scarlet Letter....printed and bound in 1897......

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Looking for a shoulder to cry on.
[turns pale]

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
[Image: clip-image00611.jpg]
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
I laughed, then realised it said 1897 not 1997, was going to say 'get over it'. Now I feel bad, sorry dude, man hug, chest bumping. I'm also twiddling your luscious strawberry blonde locks.Sad
(February 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: [turns pale]

Yeah, that's what I did. I vented..lol, over it now (until somebody gets home so I can go scream at a passing train).

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How did she get it?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Damn it! When my kids do stuff like that, I just try to think about how happy I am that they were healthy enough to do so...

Sorry about the book. It's truly a tragedy.

Not sure. The house is pretty crowded, we get a lot of visitors. I like to show off my little book collection. We had some folks over yesterday and they may have taken it off the shelf and left it within reach. I just need to be more mindful of my surroundings (specifically my cherished belongings). If it was laying out I should have noticed, it's totally my bad. Course, they may have just scaled the wall, it's not like they can't (or don't).
(February 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I vented..lol, over it now (until somebody gets home so I can go scream at a passing train).

That is quite a loss. Sad
Looks like your taking it pretty good though.

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Well, the first time they destroyed something I wouldn't be able to replace I took it okay. I do miss the vagina I married. I mean, I might be able to take it even better. Anyone in the market for the scraps of a rare edition of The Scarlet Letter...? lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 596 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  These are not the droids you' re looking for.... onlinebiker 10 551 August 12, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Road trip playlist - looking for suggestions Jackalope 20 1282 August 11, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Tunnel Vision, looking for the real life location. Brian37 6 525 June 9, 2021 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  These are the 50 best-looking nationalities, according to a new survey WinterHold 20 2095 July 6, 2019 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2476 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Looking into femine hygiene; do you . . . vorlon13 89 14914 October 31, 2018 at 11:38 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  Any photographers in Louisiana looking for work? popeyespappy 0 532 September 21, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Looking for a specific comic posted at AF Angrboda 2 405 May 24, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  looking at toilet paper after wiping Catholic_Lady 175 37698 June 5, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13