Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes
Quotes
Would it be possible to put a darker and stronger colour around quotes as for some reason with Vista the current scheme looks very pale and it's sometimes very tricky to tell what is a quote and what is an actual post.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Quotes
Could you attach a screenshot so I can see what you mean?
This is how it looks with vista for me.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
http://www.oggtheclever.com/Image1.jpg

Pretty pale and washed out, as you can see.
Is this pick on Kyu day or something? Both of you featured posts involving me!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
(May 20, 2009 at 9:16 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Is this pick on Kyu day or something? Both of you featured posts involving me!

Kyu

You're the quotemaster. Wink Shades
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Looks fine to me.

EvF
Doesn't to me..
Either I'm going blind (and I do have glasses for that) or Darwinian is. I can't see anything wrong, it looks exactly the same on my screen. Unless you are talking about quotes which quote other quotes (say that 10 times fast). So instead of:
Adrian Wrote:Hello
you mean:
Adrian Wrote:Hello, Darwin once said:
Darwin Wrote:Screw you guys, we evolved!
If that's it, then there isn't really much I can do. Both quotes use the same css style, so the change in style would occur in both quotes.

Or thirdly, do you simply mean that you want the quotes to have a better border around them? Change the 1px wide to 2px perhaps? I know Darwinian knows html/css so could you install firebug to Firefox and mess around with the code to make them look nice?
The colour inside the quote is practically the same as the colour outside and the box around the quote is hardly visible so it makes it tricky to see what is quote and what is not. Unless I look really hard.

On my screen anyway..

I know that Vista has mucked about with the colour scheme and as a programmer this makes me angry but..

It's not a biggy Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quotes Rogue 10 2134 April 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Losty
  Help me understand why the quotes are as they are? Gawdzilla Sama 10 1927 March 12, 2019 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Separating Quotes Cherub786 16 2288 December 4, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  How do I delete saved quotes? Succubus 9 1978 August 15, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Quotes LadyForCamus 5 1436 December 30, 2015 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Suggestion] Hide tags or trim long quotes Aoi Magi 4 1892 July 6, 2015 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Exian
  Partial quotes Diablo 20 4916 August 1, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Auto-Hide Big Quotes The_Flying_Skeptic 3 1864 April 22, 2010 at 4:19 am
Last Post: leo-rcc