Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Sherlock:Early Church Infanticide Apology
Michael Sherlock:Early Church Infanticide Apology

I would like to apologize for the thread which I started regarding Tertullian's alleged admission pertaining to the sacrificing of Infants, in his 'Ad Nationes.'

I now understand that he was using sarcasm to make a point, which I seemed to have unwittingly lent him my assistance. Tertullian was not admitting that the early Church practiced Infanticide, but rather, he was saying that "if we did, we would be on par with you, only you do not even do it, for "holy" purposes."

This was a mistake that I, Michael Sherlock made and so I would like to apologize.

Please allow me to offer 2 small qualifications with this apology.

1. I did use tempered language in the initial post, employing words like, "if" and "seems" etc.. However, the heading along with the entire nature of the post is in error.

2. If this was the only Crime which could be laid at the Christian's door, I would retract my attacks on this belief system altogether, however, it is not, so I feel it is in the interest of truth, to continue pointing out those crimes, whether they be physical, or psychological, political, or spiritual.

Truth is my master, and she has told me to apologize here for my mistake and to continue my work in the present direction for now.

Sorry once again to those who were led astray by my error.
You can always trust a person in search of the truth, but never the one who has found it. MANLY P. HALL

http://michaelsherlockauthor.blogspot.jp/
RE: Michael Sherlock:Early Church Infanticide Apology
Very good of you to point out your own mistake. Smile
Oh, fuck 'em. They've killed plenty of kids just through the fucking ignorance they champion.
(April 12, 2012 at 8:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh, fuck 'em. They've killed plenty of kids just through the fucking ignorance they champion.

This is very true, and in no way has my mistake caused me to stop hunting down those crimes, and in the second volume of my book series I go into many, many of these crimes, which have been testified to by the very Christians who committed them.

(April 12, 2012 at 8:47 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Very good of you to point out your own mistake. Smile

Thanks.

You can always trust a person in search of the truth, but never the one who has found it. MANLY P. HALL

http://michaelsherlockauthor.blogspot.jp/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do conservative theologians prefer early dating of documents? LinuxGal 3 852 December 9, 2022 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1241 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Jesus : The Early years chimp3 139 21842 April 1, 2018 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Paul's "persecution" of the early Christians? Jehanne 134 14921 February 22, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4156 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Methodist Church apology over abuse claims zebo-the-fat 11 2169 May 30, 2015 at 9:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What were Jesus and early Christians like? watchamadoodle 343 60091 March 15, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: TimOneill
  Early Christian motives (a conversation with Paul) Mudhammam 0 1272 July 23, 2014 at 6:22 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Mesopotamia in the early dynastic. BrokenQuill92 7 1949 December 26, 2013 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Church of England makes Chichester child abuse apology zebo-the-fat 7 3613 July 8, 2013 at 8:34 am
Last Post: Napoléon