Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There may not be a god...
There may not be a god...
It cannot be said that there is no god, but rather, that there is no reason to believe that there is one. This is enough for me to believe that I should live my life as if there were no god, but i figured why not let someone convince me otherwise.

Go!
\
JJJ
RE: There may not be a god...
I'm afraid you will be hard pressed to find any sort of convincing piece of information that might sway you from your current opinion, as none exist. Only the ignorant seem to have the capacity to continue believing beyond any form of logic or reason.
(April 29, 2012 at 3:22 am)Garpike34 Wrote: This is enough for me to believe that I should live my life as if there were no god

It shouldn't be enough for you to 'believe' in anything. Rather it should be enough for you to NOT believe in something (god).
The kind of people who are willing to convince other people to sign up for an openly violent, racist, pedophilic, homophobic, thought destroying cult are exactly the kind of people I try and stay away from. -- not ask them to join me for a cup of tea.
[Image: Evolution.png]

If the OP wants convincing why not join a Christian forum and ask them there? I'm sure you'll be convinced that atheism is the only logical viewpoint after that.
I find it hard pressed to convince you to believe when what you want to do is know. I'm content with wondering.

"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed"-Leo Tolstoy

Cinjin: Some Christians do the bad things you hear about, some Christians do good things you don't hear about, i think this generalization of the faith is menacing. Obliviously the people who do all those things are not Christians know matter how much you want their hate to strengthen yours.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
(April 29, 2012 at 8:45 am)C Rod Wrote: I find it hard pressed to convince you to believe when what you want to do is know. I'm content with wondering.

Wherein lies your shortcoming.

(April 29, 2012 at 8:45 am)C Rod Wrote: "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed"-Leo Tolstoy

Never knew Tolstoy was a moron.
Never knew that if someone thought different than you, they were a moron, learn something know everyday.

One day they will tell you to reason and the very reason wont be yours.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
(April 29, 2012 at 9:13 am)C Rod Wrote: Never knew that if someone thought different than you, and were wrong about it they were a moron

Fixed that for you

Quote: learn something know everyday.

I believe the colloquialism is "Learn something new every day. Smile
Thanks, i guess.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2763 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3019 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you wish there's a god? Catharsis 580 43045 April 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 30170 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Two scenarios that may/may not happen. RayOfLight 85 17037 November 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16459 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  "There is a god because e = mc²" bheath 58 10379 February 24, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: bheath
  Don't tell a Religious person "There is no God" Heat 46 8087 October 25, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mikazuki
  I think my mother may be becoming an atheist, advice? IanHulett 22 5672 October 17, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christians claiming there is no morality without god. because 15 3354 March 23, 2015 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain