Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God does not love you...
God does not love you...
.. As you understand the word to mean in modern English. Most of the questions I see here on this web site are centered around "How can an all loving God ________, or How can unconditional love allow for _________??"

The word in the original Greek that describes the type of love God offers is Agape'. The Word Agape is one of four Koine Greek words that all get translated into the word "love" into the English.

Agape' is unique to God in that it is a chosen or conditional love given a set of criteria or circumstances. That criteria is that we Accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, that atones for sin, and that we forgive those who sin against us as we sin against God. Once those criteria have been met, then we can experience boundless Agape' love.

Those being found outside of the Love offered are subject to wrath, the full consequence of sin, and/or the gambit of things you all like to point out as being outside the "love" of God.

So again, God's love is not unconditional, and it is not forced upon everyone. It is conditional, but for those who fall with in those conditions it will be boundless.
RE: God does not love you...
If he loved his son he wouldn't have allowed him to be nailed to a fucking cross. Kind of a pathetic way for a god to "die" isn't it? If we don't accept the disturbing offer of sacrificing an innocent for our "crimes" then his wrath falls upon us? Really?

The only thing that's boundless with your desert tribal god is his ego.
So God is even more evil than we imagined. Thanks!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(May 6, 2012 at 2:30 am)Drich Wrote: .. As you understand the word to mean in modern English. Most of the questions I see here on this web site are centered around "How can an all loving God ________, or How can unconditional love allow for _________??"

The word in the original Greek that describes the type of love God offers is Agape'. The Word Agape is one of four Koine Greek words that all get translated into the word "love" into the English.

Agape' is unique to God in that it is a chosen or conditional love given a set of criteria or circumstances. That criteria is that we Accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, that atones for sin, and that we forgive those who sin against us as we sin against God. Once those criteria have been met, then we can experience boundless Agape' love.

Those being found outside of the Love offered are subject to wrath, the full consequence of sin, and/or the gambit of things you all like to point out as being outside the "love" of God.

So again, God's love is not unconditional, and it is not forced upon everyone. It is conditional, but for those who fall with in those conditions it will be boundless.

Clearly, reality disagrees. Christians (those who apparently meet the criteria) suffer and die at pretty much the same rate as the rest of the world.

And this is why I don't think that the bible is trustworthy, because it always seems to come down to "well, the translation COULD be...". If god had been a smart one, why not let it be written in a way that can't be interpreted?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

For sake of argument, let's assume that what you say with respect to the translation is true (I actually have no reason to doubt it).

1. We're still no closer to demonstrating that such a being exists.

2. I still wouldn't worship it.
Goes against what your bible teaches mate:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2

Unless the whole world to the goat herders was just the surrounding desert folks.
What they have all said Drich...

Bounce Ball
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I do not want or need any love, of any kind, from a fictional character.
I respect you too much to believe that you could possibly hold those ridiculous beliefs. - Richard Dawkins, 2012
[Image: funny-science-news-experiments-memes-alw...sults1.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God's Love Johanabrahams 724 71188 October 3, 2021 at 1:05 pm
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 4972 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1641 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11597 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights Minimalist 10 2174 April 22, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14828 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 17940 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Problem With This Guy Is That He Does Not Understand Evangelicals Minimalist 1 1099 April 6, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11050 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand