Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 7:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church excommunicates a girl for aborting her twins but lets her rapist go free
Church excommunicates a girl for aborting her twins but lets her rapist go free
The controversy represents a PR nightmare for the Vatican. The unnamed girl's mother and doctors were excommunicated for agreeing to Wednesday's emergency abortion yet the Church has not taken formal steps against the stepfather, who is in custody. Jose Cardoso Sobrinho, the conservative regional archbishop for Pernambuco where the girl was rushed to hospital, has said that the man would not be thrown out of the Church, because although he had allegedly committed "a heinous crime", the Church took the view that "the abortion, the elimination of an innocent life, was more serious".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...40165.html
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Church excommunicates a girl for aborting her twins but lets her rapist go free
What astounds me is that anyone can still be surprised by these miserable hypocritical catholic cocksuckers. How long will it take before people recognize them for the miserable bunch of bastards they are?
RE: Church excommunicates a girl for aborting her twins but lets her rapist go free
It makes me sick that these people actually exist and are the same species as me. The fact that these people actually have influence is the worst of all.
The only thing that surprises me about this organisation is that there are people convinced that it's a force for good in the world and will twist themselves into knots of Gordian proportions to make excuses for it.

Actually I'll correct that. It doesn't surprise me; it disgusts me. Just as it should anyone with even a shred of human feeling.
/soapbox
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Well, it isn't as if they actually DID anything. Woo-Hoo...excommunicated! They are all better off without that catholic bullshit anyway.
Of course, but I was going off the line that "the abortion, the elimination of an innocent life, was more serious" than rape. The whole excommunication thing is more like being threatened to be put onto Santa's naughty list.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 26, 2012 at 10:36 pm)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: The controversy represents a PR nightmare for the Vatican.

Dude, they have child molesters out the wazoo and preferring a rapist over his victim is a PR nightmare?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Probably more of a smokescreen. "Child-abusing priests is so last week; look at this!"

The whole thing reeks of misdirection.
Having a relationship with God doesn't need to involve a middleman. Especially a corrupt and unchristlike one.
Fact: Jesus smoked - http://www.jesuspipes.com
Er ... I don't know if this is going to make a difference to the discussion (please ignore if it won't), but this story is over 2 years old. I remember being shocked and outraged by the treatment this poor girl, her doctors, and her mother got from the Catholic Church at the time.

It still makes me sick to my stomach to think that there are people in this world who think that the existence of a fetus -- or even two! -- is more important than the health and probably the life (given that this happened in a country with very strict anti-abortion laws) of a living, breathing child. "Life must always be protected," my ass. What about protecting the poor girl who was abused for three years?

I hope she's doing better now. My heart still breaks for her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 697 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1255 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3088 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 31025 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4161 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13938 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Mother Marches Through Target With Her Family To Protest Transgender Bathroom Policy" TubbyTubby 6 1699 May 17, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 26518 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Girl dies of stupid parents Jacob(smooth) 401 50125 January 30, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Thackerie
  AFA: Impregnated by a rapist? "Why kill a child made in God’s image?" Strider 54 7743 December 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: No_God