Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US States Marriage Map
US States Marriage Map
[Image: N7hsb.png]
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
RE: US States Marriage Map
And your point is? Will you illegalize marriage between cousins after legalizing gay marriage?
Or will you give up your efforts if they illegalize it?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 30, 2012 at 3:59 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: And your point is? Will you illegalize marriage between cousins after legalizing gay marriage?

The point is the hypocrisy of allowing first cousins to marry and not homosexuals. But obviously you are oblivious to that.
(May 30, 2012 at 4:01 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(May 30, 2012 at 3:59 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: And your point is? Will you illegalize marriage between cousins after legalizing gay marriage?

The point is the hypocrisy of allowing first cousins to marry and not homosexuals. But obviously you are oblivious to that.
And I guess that the marriage of two cousins and two men or women are on the same damn level.
Whenever I quote incest as a next step, you people have told me that.
Besides, you should be glad. After gay marriage is legalized, two gay cousins are also able to marry eachother. More freedom!
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Point is: Move to New England. We're assholes, but we're not that kind of asshole.
(May 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm)Tobie Wrote: [Image: N7hsb.png]

Holy fuck, seriously?
I legitimately did not know that.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
What you might also not know is the cultural taboo against first cousin marriages is probably a very recent thing. 80% of all marriages throughout the history of Homo Sapeins have been between second cousins or closer:

Kinship-Marriage-Anthropological-Perspective-Anthropology

Also, the overall risk of birth defect in first cousin marriages is comparable to the risk of birth defects from women married to non-relatives, but giving birth at age 40. So if a woman is giving birth past age 40, she is doing a worse thing for her offsprings than marrying her first cousin.

So if marriage between first cousin is to be outlawed based on risks to the offspring, then women should go to jail for attempting to conceive after 40.

Finally, Charles Darwin of the Origins of Species married his first cousin Emma Wedgwood. Some of their offsprings turned out rather well even by the standards of their father.
Quote:What you might also not know is the cultural taboo against first cousin marriages is probably a very recent thing. 80% of all marriages throughout the history of Homo Sapeins have been between second cousins or closer:
Indeed. There are people I know that have done so.
It was done to preserve family wealth, mostly.
(May 30, 2012 at 5:07 pm)Chuck Wrote: What you might also not know is the cultural taboo against first cousin Finally, Charles Darwin of the Origins of Species married his first cousin Emma Wedgwood. Some of their offsprings turned out rather well even by the standards of their father.

That does it, I'm sold. If its good enough for Darwin it good enough for me. I'm off to fuck my cousin and live the American dream.
Considering my cousin isn't bad looking I'll leave you to decide wether I'm joking or not.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(May 30, 2012 at 4:10 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: And I guess that the marriage of two cousins and two men or women are on the same damn level.

So the two things do not receive a similar, or even comparable amount of stigma?

I don't think the comparison is a biological one do you? Rather a social one.

Quote:Whenever I quote incest as a next step, you people have told me that.

I'm not you people. So please refrain from calling me that.

Quote:Besides, you should be glad. After gay marriage is legalized, two gay cousins are also able to marry eachother. More freedom!

Quite.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 4042 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1161 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3670 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3275 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 530 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1597 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1551 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Seven states bar people with a criminal record from receiving victim's compensation Angrboda 34 2342 September 23, 2018 at 5:16 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Impeachment process in the United States Joods 18 3248 October 31, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: henryp
  44 States Minimalist 35 10152 July 7, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU