Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The United States now enters the phase of mass executions.
The United States now enters the phase of mass executions.
With a far-right SCOTUS, the gates have, after nearly 50 years since the reinstatement of capital punishment in the United States, opened for mass executions.  Six are scheduled for next month, November:

DPIC -- Upcoming Executions

With 3 more in December, including one 10 days before Christmas.  How will the World react as the US moves closer to the club occupied by Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran?  What will the ever hypocritical Russians say?
RE: The United States now enters the phase of mass executions.
(October 21, 2022 at 5:10 am)Jehanne Wrote: With a far-right SCOTUS, the gates have, after nearly 50 years since the reinstatement of capital punishment in the United States, opened for mass executions.  Six are scheduled for next month, November:

DPIC -- Upcoming Executions

With 3 more in December, including one 10 days before Christmas.  How will the World react as the US moves closer to the club occupied by Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran?  What will the ever hypocritical Russians say?

While I’m against capital punishment full stop, I think referring to nine potential executions over two months as ‘mass execution’ is hyperbole.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Here are the execution totals for September:

Worldwide September executions

Of the 3 countries documented, only 2 were above 10 executions.  By the way, four of the condemned inmates are scheduled to be executed on the same day as one other, resulting in two executions for two days.
Where are we going with this?

Looks to me that in the first link there were 9 people, in the US, scheduled to be put to death and two were actually executed.

Who's to say similar numbers don't happen in the next couple months?

I'm afraid I don't understand the reason for the topic....it certainly isn't about mass murder.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It's about the US sliding into a phase of mass judicial killing. Consider it a PSA, or, a discussion thread, or, both. One topic for discussion would be the United States' reputation in the World from being lumped into the same category (judicial executions) as Iran.
If doing bad things would cause US to acquire a reputation commensurate with the bad things she does than American’s reputation around the world since 2000 should have been about the same as Russia’s reputation is in the US in the aftermath of Ukrainian invasion.
Russian does not have publicly scheduled judicial executions.
(October 21, 2022 at 10:05 am)Jehanne Wrote: Russian does not have publicly scheduled judicial executions.

Right.  In Russia the times when people are pushed out of upper floor windows or given fatal doses of nerve agents for political reasons are not customarily announced until after the event.

In fact, since founding of the Soviet Union judicial executions in Russia for even for non-political crimes were never announced ahead of time.
Yeah, they're murderous hypocrites; will they use the November executions in the United States to their (supposed) advantage?
(October 21, 2022 at 10:22 am)Jehanne Wrote: Yeah, they're murderous hypocrites; will they use the November executions in the United States to their (supposed) advantage?

Probably, American is much less popular, and Russia much less reviled, in the global south than Americans might like to imagine.     Russia has been capitalizing on this to oppose the western narrative since the beginning of Ukrainian war.    Russia will undoubtedly use the disproportionate representation of underprivileged blacks on the death row and amongst those recently executed to further worsen american image and reduce American political capital amongst the global south, particularly in Africa.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump Ally Calls for Public Executions ZoomerTrumper 1 252 February 26, 2024 at 11:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Trump Ally Calls for Public Executions ZoomerTrumper 1 248 February 26, 2024 at 11:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1147 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3534 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3170 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Seven states bar people with a criminal record from receiving victim's compensation Angrboda 34 2330 September 23, 2018 at 5:16 am
Last Post: viocjit
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1232 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does the media love mass shooting? Coveny 9 1304 February 24, 2018 at 3:12 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Impeachment process in the United States Joods 18 3240 October 31, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: henryp
  44 States Minimalist 35 10134 July 7, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU