Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
44 States
44 States
Have so far refused to give the WLB non-public voter information.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/k...index.html

Quote:Forty-four states and DC have refused to give certain voter information to Trump commission

Which is good because it would be like giving a baby a loaded gun.
RE: 44 States
49 states attorneys general thought Nebraska representative Lee Terry's legislation to allow spam phone calls on our cell phones (which seems to have happened anyhow) was a lame ass idea. Lee persisted in his error for quite a while after that, however, just like the Trumpers are going to do.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

From the article:

Quote:The information the commission is seeking includes registrants' full names, addresses, dates of birth, political parties, the last four digits of their social security numbers, a list of the elections they voted in since 2006, information on any felony convictions, information on whether they were registered to vote in other states, their military status, and whether they lived overseas.

I wonder how many small-government Republicans will have the cojones to stand up against this? I wonder how many NRA members terrified of gun registration because of hypothetical government attempts to track owners are okay with this gambit of Trump's?

I'd better invest in an upgraded hypocrisy meter ... I get the sense my current one is about to shit the bed.

Wait until you hear what he tweeted:

"Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL. What are they trying to hide?"

My guess? Their tax returns!
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(July 5, 2017 at 6:35 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: From the article:

Quote:The information the commission is seeking includes registrants' full names, addresses, dates of birth, political parties, the last four digits of their social security numbers, a list of the elections they voted in since 2006, information on any felony convictions, information on whether they were registered to vote in other states, their military status, and whether they lived overseas.

I wonder how many small-government Republicans will have the cojones to stand up against this? I wonder how many NRA members terrified of gun registration because of hypothetical government attempts to track owners are okay with this gambit of Trump's?

I'd better invest in an upgraded hypocrisy meter ... I get the sense my current one is about to shit the bed.

There are, in my estimation, very few small government Republicans. They seem perfectly content to have an enormous, bloated military - at the expense of programs that would actually, you know, help the people. They are apparently perfectly happy having large government when it suits them, just as they're perfectly happy to have the government insert itself into things which are none of it's business - reference the article in the OP.

(I don't think Democrats necessarily exhibit any less hypocrisy, however, it gets on my wick whenever a claim to small government is made in reference to the GOP, much in the same wat that Democrats piss me off when they claim to be the party of the common man and spend so much time sucking Wall Street cock.)
Because neocons aren't really conservative, or new.  They're just shitty, small minded, big gov tax and spend liberals.

-at least the self described liberals know to tax people who actually -have- money, these useless neocon pieces of shit keep trying to bleed a stone.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 5, 2017 at 6:45 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(July 5, 2017 at 6:35 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: From the article:

There are, in my estimation, very few small government Republicans.  They seem perfectly content to have an enormous, bloated military - at the expense of programs that would actually, you know, help the people.  They are apparently perfectly happy having large government when it suits them, just as they're perfectly happy to have the government insert itself into things which are none of it's business - reference the article in the OP.

Oh, I hear you -- that's entirely the point of my dig. They pay lip-service to the ideal small government, and indeed appeal to it as they attempt things like cutting apart the social safety net or ACA.

In a gay-marriage discussion about five years ago on another forum, a noted conservative there (and a strict-reading Constitutionalist) was arguing against gay marriage, and as someone much more Libertarian then than I am now, I ripped him a new asshole about his mealy-mouthed crap ("You want a small government, but you think the government should be able to tell individuals who they can and cannot share their lives with?!").

The overwhelming majority of them are full of shit. But this time, their hypocrisy will be abetting an attack on our most prized institution -- the secret ballot.

(July 5, 2017 at 6:50 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Because neocons aren't really conservative, or new.  They're just shitty, small minded, big gov tax and spend liberals.

-at least the self described liberals know to tax people who actually -have- money, these useless neocon pieces of shit keep trying to bleed a stone.

Meh, they aren't liberal in any meaningful way that I'm aware of. I wouldn't necessarily describe them as conservative either. I have another, less kind adjective in mind.

Now watch one of them come along and accuse me of being a leftist extremist. You know who I speak of.
This idiotic, undemocratic request for voter information aside, I find it odd that the instigator of the 'Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity' doesn't think Russian attempts to subvert the integrity of US elections merits serious consideration.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Can you imagine his opinion if he'd lost?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 3916 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1113 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3453 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3142 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Seven states bar people with a criminal record from receiving victim's compensation Angrboda 34 2260 September 23, 2018 at 5:16 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Impeachment process in the United States Joods 18 3190 October 31, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Voting Machine Hack Confirmed Across 39 States Foxaèr 3 1307 June 16, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Anyone notice Blue states tend to me more fiscally responsible? NuclearEnergy 25 3516 March 1, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  The States Are The Laboratories of Democracy! Minimalist 12 2016 August 19, 2016 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5305 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist