Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your favorate film?
Whats your favorate film?
I was looking for a thread that asked this question and was shocked to discover no such thread had been made.
Put your favorate film, favorate scene from that film and reason why you chose it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: Whats your favorate film?
For me, it's between Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, for the setting and theme, Zodiac, because it's an awesome film and sticks to the actual events, or Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn, because I read the comics avidly as a child, and the casting and the quality of the animation is just amazing.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Film? Singular?

Farewell, My Concubine
Seventh Seal
Rashomon
No Country For Old Men
Wing Chun (A guilty pleasure with Michelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen in a period piece)
Midnight Cowboy
Kelly's Heroes
Quatermass And The Pit (aka "Five Million Years to Earth")
Aguirre: Wrath Of God

Oh... and... Killer Klowns From Outer Space Blush

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm)apophenia Wrote:

Film? Singular?

Farewell, My Concubine
Seventh Seal
Rashomon
No Country For Old Men
Wing Chun (A guilty pleasure with Michelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen in a period piece)
Midnight Cowboy
Kelly's Heroes
Quatermass And The Pit (aka "Five Million Years to Earth")
Aguirre: Wrath Of God

Oh... and... Killer Klownz From Outer Space

Yep, film. Tough decision I know but you've got to choose the one you love the most, the scene that you found to be the most iconic and give your reasons.
Those are the rules.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
It's hard to pick just one.

I'd have to say that Sabrina, starring Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart is probably my favorite.

My favorite scene is definitely the one's where she's in Paris at cooking school, with the baron.

There are many memorable quotes from the movie:

"A woman happily in love, she burns the soufflé. A woman unhappily in love, she forgets to turn on the oven."

"Democracy can be a wickedly unfair thing Sabrina. Nobody poor was ever called democratic for marrying somebody rich."

Sabrina Fairchild: I might as well be reaching for the moon.
Baron St. Fontanel: Oh, you young people are so old fashioned. Have you not heard? We are building rockets to reach the moon!

It's my favorite movie because I watched it every night at bedtime as a child, and it still gives me comfort to this day. It's a classic.

I could never pick just one any more than I could pick my favorite song of all time. My mood of the moment decides how epic or disappointing any piece of media can be.

Best I can do is give you a list of 10.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Mine has to be Sin City, the scene where Marv escapes from his apartment while you hear his inner monolouge resolving to find Goldies killer and "give him the hard goodbye."
The only love hes ever known has been snatched away from him, hes at the end of his rope, hes full of wrath and you know theres going to be hell to pay for it.

"I don't know why and I don't know how. I never even met you before tonight but you were a friend and more when I needed one
And when I found out who did it, it won't be quick and quiet like it was with you.
It'll be loud and nasty. My kind of kill.
And when his eyes go dead, the Hell I send him to will seem like Heaven after what I've done to him.
I love you Goldie"

Captivating.
- Abdul Alhazred.

Scene? That's an entirely different kettle of fish.

My memories have faded, but there's a pivotal scene in La Strada in the nunnery or just before, where Gelsomina is questioning her relationship with Zampano, or an early scene from the 1938 version of Pygmalion, the bathtub scene, if I remember right.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
For me, it's a toss-up between A Clockwork Orange (because Kubrick is to cinema what Shakespeare is to theatre, nay, literature) and Taxi Driver (because I find myself identifying with Travis a lot.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Off the top of my head without thinking too much about it..

- Lord of The Rings (All of them)
- Man from Earth
- What Dreams May Come
- Alien (s) etc...
- Anything with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer in them
- Star Trek(s) Especially the latest offering
- Precinct 9
- Troll Hunter
- Up
- Despicable Me
- Hellboy
- Watchmen
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  De-Pluralize A Film, Book, etc BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1065 September 18, 2022 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Snow Queen fairytale, whats the moral value of it? Woah0 2 304 August 20, 2022 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  whats the point in ironing cloths? Cepheus Ace 22 1245 April 2, 2019 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 498 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Whats going on with Thinking Atheist forum? Brian37 23 4309 July 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Whats your height ? Marsellus Wallace 71 8432 April 24, 2014 at 5:02 am
Last Post: jots
  film I can't remember what it is paulpablo 10 2149 July 17, 2013 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  The Film Continuum Darwinian 261 14681 June 15, 2012 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  film recommendation bozo 20 6027 August 1, 2009 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13