Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to cure depression?
Sad 
How to cure depression?
I have a serious problem recently for about 1 year now im very depressed,even my doctor said that i have manic depressed.

How can i cure this,i wake up every morning with the same problems,that sucks me in depression.
[Image: tumblr_lat0beicKl1qe6mn3o1_400.gif]
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer
RE: How to cure depression?
Booze. Lots and lots of booze.

(June 28, 2012 at 11:55 am)Napoleon Wrote: Booze. Lots and lots of booze.

thanks,admins can close this thread.

p.s: nice picture of Napoleon
I have the feeling that someone made a joke that backfired.

STOP. There is no cure for depression.

Go back to your doctor please and seek treatment in the form of antidepressants.
I've got depression, and have recently started taking antidepressants, and even those don't totally cure it. The key thing is that there is no cure, only treatment.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 28, 2012 at 2:39 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I've got depression, and have recently started taking antidepressants, and even those don't totally cure it. The key thing is that there is no cure, only treatment.

so you are saying that im going to read poes books for the rest of my life
(June 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm)Zaphod Beeblebrox Wrote:
(June 28, 2012 at 2:39 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I've got depression, and have recently started taking antidepressants, and even those don't totally cure it. The key thing is that there is no cure, only treatment.

so you are saying that im going to read poes books for the rest of my life

What's wrong with Poe's books? I loved "The Raven," "The Tell-Tale Heart," and "The Fall of the House of Usher."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
FYI, an internet forum is not the place to go for medical advice.
Yeah, the doctor's is the place for medical advice.

I'm so glad i've not suffered from depression. I though I had depression a few years back, so I went to the doctor's and he told me, 'you're not depressed, you're angry'. Never has such a weight been removed from my muscley shoulders.

I have suffered from unipolar depression on on and of for over 40 years. I have now been stable for 7 years,with only one major episode in that time. --with doctor's supervision, I had reduced my medication and there was a traumatic event.

Depression can often be controlled enough to live a 'normal' life,

Zaphod; are you sure your doctor said "manic-depression"? I ask because that term is not used any more. The condition is called 'bipolar disorder' and is much harder to treat than 'reactive' or 'endogenous' depression. I urge you to see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis and treatment.

Below is some basic information about the condition. The full article is worth reading.

Quote:Bipolar disorder or bipolar affective disorder, historically known as manic-depressive disorder, is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a category of mood disorders defined by the presence of one or more episodes of abnormally elevated energy levels, cognition, and mood with or without one or more depressive episodes. The elevated moods are clinically referred to as mania or, if milder, hypomania. Individuals who experience manic episodes also commonly experience depressive episodes, or symptoms, or a mixed state in which features of both mania and depression are present at the same time.[1] These events are usually separated by periods of "normal" mood; but, in some individuals, depression and mania may rapidly alternate, which is known as rapid cycling. Severe manic episodes can sometimes lead to such psychotic symptoms as delusions and hallucinations. The disorder has been subdivided into bipolar I, bipolar II, cyclothymia, and other types, based on the nature and severity of mood episodes experienced; the range is often described as the bipolar spectrum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi-polar_disorder

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another way of looking at depression robvalue 147 9809 August 19, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: robvalue
  To kill a mocking depression J a c k 74 5015 April 21, 2016 at 1:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is Depression/Annnxiety from the Bullshit You Experience or are You Prone to it? Rhondazvous 43 4782 November 29, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Kick Depression's Ass! Phatt Matt s 105 15060 March 31, 2014 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Depression and other disorders and Jobs bladevalant546 5 1672 March 28, 2014 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Having a case of double depression JosephBowie 8 3555 April 21, 2013 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Tips to reduce Depression Tiberius 38 15072 October 10, 2009 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Dotard
  Economic depression Giff 4 2649 January 21, 2009 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Jason Jarred