Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims destroy shrines in Timbuktu
Muslims destroy shrines in Timbuktu
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18657463

The muslim attempt to erase all world culture that doesnt conform EXACTLY to their view point continues.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Muslims destroy shrines in Timbuktu
FUCKIN HIP-O-KRITZ
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
You'd imagine that their god would be capable of handling those idols and shrines he finds offensive all by his onesies. After all, I'm told he split the moon in two on a dare....

That's something that's always struck me about shit like this, it betrays a deep lack of confidence in your deities ability or interests. There's no sense in letting your god handle it's own business, he clearly needs your help. I mean, to be fair, heretics have a nasty habit of not being struck down, shrines stubbornly refuse to crumble by themselves, etc, etc.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Ah, Rhythm, it's the friggin' human condition, that creeping fear that maybe somewhere you went wrong, followed by the certainty that, if you erase those who might call you on it, the fear will subside.
Trying to update my sig ...
Quote:If there be an infinite Being, he does not need our help -- we need not waste our energies in his defense.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll

I suspect muslims merely like to kill people and break things.
(June 30, 2012 at 11:47 am)Minimalist Wrote: I suspect muslims merely like to kill people and break things.

Well, some of them do.
And the rest of them stand there and make excuses for them.
Quote:Islamists regard shrines as idolatrous.

Umm,but there are Muslim shrines all over the Islamic world.

Islam makes a distinction between reverence and worship. Of course,some Muslims (like the Taliban) are just ignorant,bigoted and murderous cunts..

Quote:Islam has developed a rich tradition of shrine culture. In Islam its prohibited to worship graves, though it is permitted to supplicate with the Tawasul of a living pious person and it is also permitted to supplicate with the Tawasul of the deceased pious person (Sufi/Wali). In Islam Shrines hold a notable position and considered as places to seek spiritual guidance. Most Islamic shrines are dedicated to various Sufi Saints and are widely scattered throughout the Islamic world. It is a tradition to commemorate the death of the Saint, by holding festivals at his tomb to commemorate his life. In several countries, the local shrine is a focal point of the community, with several localities named specifically for the local saint.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrine

Quote:It was the spring of 2001. I was in Afghanistan's Panjshir Valley, together with my brother Ahmad Shah Massoud, the leader of the Afghan resistance against the Taliban, and Bismillah Khan, who currently serves as Afghanistan's interior minister. One of our commanders, Commandant Momin, wanted us to see 30 Taliban fighters who had been taken hostage after a gun battle. My brother agreed to meet them. I remember that his first question concerned the centuries-old Buddha statues that were dynamited by the Taliban in March of that year, shortly before our encounter. Two Taliban combatants from Kandahar confidently responded that worshiping anything outside of Islam was unacceptable and that therefore these statues had to be destroyed. My brother looked at them and said, this time in Pashto, "There are still many sun-worshippers in this country. Will you also try to get rid of the sun and drop darkness over the Earth?"

— Yahya Massoud, brother of the anti-Taliban and resistance leader Ahmad Shah Massoud

Ahmad Shah Massoud was assassinated by two Arab suicide bombers, allegedly belonging to Al-Qaeda, in Afghanistan's Takhar Province on September 9, 2001.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2213 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4048 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5737 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11691 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7779 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1613 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1020 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 514 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17825 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Good Muslims account_inactive 26 4604 March 3, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive