Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Christianity explain how animals are so locationally diverse
Can Christianity explain how animals are so locationally diverse
It is clear that different animal species, that were all together on Noah's ark not so long ago, are now scattered across the globe. For example kangaroos are only in Australia, and clearly can't swim, so how did they get there from Noah's ark? The same can be said for many other species of animals.

*I'm not trying to argue against Christianity, just curious in whether there is a Christian explanation
RE: Can Christianity explain how animals are so locationally diverse
If I remember correctly from my years of indoctrination as a creationist, the "theory" is that there were "ice bridges" that conveniently connected all the continents long enough for the animals to get to them.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Noah ran a bus-like service with his ark after the flood. He took them where ever they wanted to go. Duh...
Cunt
(July 10, 2012 at 7:52 am)frankiej Wrote: Noah ran a bus-like service with his ark after the flood. He took them where ever they wanted to go. Duh...

Or "goddidit" is another alternative explanation that puts to rest all other (logical) explanations.
(July 10, 2012 at 3:21 am)Superposition Wrote: It is clear that different animal species, that were all together on Noah's ark not so long ago, are now scattered across the globe. For example kangaroos are only in Australia, and clearly can't swim, so how did they get there from Noah's ark? The same can be said for many other species of animals.

*I'm not trying to argue against Christianity, just curious in whether there is a Christian explanation

What makes you think Australia was inhabbited during the flood?

The word that translates into 'earth' in the english mean the known world or whole inhabited earth. If Wicked man or 'Men of great renoun' (The actual target of the flood) had not made it to Australia then why should it be flooded?

(July 10, 2012 at 3:40 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: If I remember correctly from my years of indoctrination as a creationist, the "theory" is that there were "ice bridges" that conveniently connected all the continents long enough for the animals to get to them.

ROFLOL
Kinda like the 'ice bridge' that allowed man to walk from asia to North America and later become Inuit and Native americans??

"Ice bridge in my theory ok. Ice bridge in yours?? Don't be foolish. Angry"
(July 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm)Drich Wrote: What makes you think Australia was inhabbited during the flood?

What makes you think there was a flood? Oh, wait! The bible, right?

ROFLOL

Just a little something to whoosh over your head, Drich-

http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/...ossil-past

Quote:The word that translates into 'earth' in the english mean the known world or whole inhabited earth. If Wicked man or 'Men of great renoun' (The actual target of the flood) had not made it to Australia then why should it be flooded?

Let me get this straight... you're arguing that Australia wasn't inhabited during the time of the alleged global flood, and you'r also arguing that Australia didn't flood because there were no wicked men there?

Ummm....

Quote:ROFLOL
Kinda like the 'ice bridge' that allowed man to walk from asia to North America and later become Inuit and Native americans??

"Ice bridge in my theory ok. Ice bridge in yours?? Don't be foolish. Angry"

You mean the land bridge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia

ROFLOL

What is this ice bridge foolishness you were talking about again?

(July 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm)Drich Wrote: ...
The word that translates into 'earth' in the english mean the known world or whole inhabited earth. If Wicked man or 'Men of great renoun' (The actual target of the flood) had not made it to Australia then why should it be flooded?

Really? Wow. Shame God allowed all those translators and interpreters to get it wrong all these thousands of years.

You know, you may think you're serving God by trying to argue that almost every traditional interpretation of a passage that gets posted here is incorrect based upon some faulty translation of a single word or two, but you're really furthering the case against Christianity. Every time you discover some ingenious new interpretation of a passage, you're just uncovering more evidence of God's failure to communicate properly his own word.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Some animals and especially disgusting bugs are salt line FAKES, iow, sent over by the evil "I AM" who is the neutron part of the atom, who suppresses the truth, and who is the cause of all misery.

Tara
IwasJesus
[quote='teaearlgreyhot' pid='308592' dateline='1341960282']
[quote]Really? Wow. Shame God allowed all those translators and interpreters to get it wrong all these thousands of years.[/quote]
seriously? You believe this descrepency existed for thousands of years? Or are you saying that God had the bible orginally recorded in the king James version?

[quote]You know, you may think you're serving God by trying to argue that almost every traditional interpretation of a passage that gets posted here is incorrect based upon some faulty translation of a single word or two, but you're really furthering the case against Christianity.[/quote]Noah's Ark has nothing to do with the day to day of Christianity. It is OT Judism. If you talk or study under someone who studies these passages in more than the King James English, you will quickly find little quarky things like, No one but the westernized 'church' has these problems with translation. For they do their own research and understand the fact that when text is translated that things are left out of a literal translation, for the sake contextual continuity. the problem lies with the culture who does not read their bibles, or they believe that the language they were born speaking is and always was the standard of the world. So their is no need to look any deeper than what is on the page of a literal translation. (No commentary or explaination)

[quote]Every time you discover some ingenious new interpretation of a passage, you're just uncovering more evidence of God's failure to communicate properly his own word.[/quote]Big Grin Or i am discovering the lazy efforts of people wanting to find or invent reasons not to believe in God. The fact that their is a deeper meaning that destroyes supposed contradictions, points to a God!

[quote='aleialoura' pid='308582' dateline='1341958249']
[quote]Let me get this straight... you're arguing that Australia wasn't inhabited during the time of the alleged global flood, and you'r also arguing that Australia didn't flood because there were no wicked men there?

Ummm.... [/quote]
Actually no. i simply point to a contextual defination that says the word "earth" does not mean global. It simply means occupied land.

then I gave two possiable reason why (It was an either/or example)
There is no geological evidence that Australia was flooded to the tops of its mountain tops any more than anywhere else on the earth.

It is a fucking stupid story that Jewish morons stole from the Sumerians and then xtian morons stole it from them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is completely inadequate to explain anything whatsoever Whateverist 20 2933 March 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 8559 March 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11573 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9463 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6809 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians: Please Explain Aractus 43 9815 December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are there animals in heaven? Mermaid 53 8513 November 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Please Explain Shuffle 26 5865 August 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  Does God love animals more than humans? Metis 34 7111 June 26, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Oh NOES! Talking Animals In Fantasy Stories Nope 13 2881 February 27, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist