Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Levels of Education
Levels of Education
Hi guys!

In a heated thread elsewhere on the forum, a member has intimated that our community is lacking education. I had to laugh. So, I ask: what's your level of education?

As for me, I have two Bachelor's and three Associate's degrees. Mostly, they're music related, but one of my degrees is in Communications- specifically radio and television news. I was on the path to get my Master's, then my PhD for a specific type of music analysis, but life happened. I wanted to write music theory textbooks.

Your turn!
RE: Levels of Education
Have my masters and working on my PhD in physics.
I'm a college dropout, but my wife has a PhD. Currently a University Professor.
I dropped out of college after two years for personal reasons with an aggregate GPA of 3.9. I have pursued self-education and have held a senior position that requires a Comp Sci masters or equivalent for the last 15 years.
A B.A.
I have a bachelor's in Aeronautical Engineering.

Rocket science, bitches.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Associate Degree, and a pile of CEUs
(November 7, 2014 at 1:10 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I have a bachelor's in Aeronautical Engineering.

Rocket science, bitches.

Faints

Seriously, Steel... there is no way you actually exist. I want to know something about you that sucks, because honestly...

Brains, humor, looks, genuine niceness... you're, like, perfect.
(November 7, 2014 at 1:22 am)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(November 7, 2014 at 1:10 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I have a bachelor's in Aeronautical Engineering.

Rocket science, bitches.

Faints

Seriously, Steel... there is no way you actually exist. I want to know something about you that sucks, because honestly...

That also descibes you as well because you have all of that. Wink

I for one have a meager GED.Iam a failure compared to you guys
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

(November 7, 2014 at 1:27 am)Mothonis_Cathicgal Wrote:
(November 7, 2014 at 1:22 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Faints

That also descibes you as well because you have all of that. Wink

I for one have a meager GED.Iam a failure compared to you guys

Mothman! Don't make me blush! Blush Blush Blush

Level of education rarely has anything to do with success or failure. I honestly wish I never did most of my schooling. I don't do anything with it now, and I could have spent that time doing something more useful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Economics and medicine in general education Macoleco 13 1206 June 13, 2019 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Wow , I have finally reached the last semester of my education :) Megabullshit 14 1664 April 15, 2019 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What Was Your Sex Education Like? Jade-Green Stone 30 2730 October 21, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Linda Brown of Brown v. Board of Education died (76) Cecelia 2 567 March 27, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Education and crime Macoleco 6 1160 October 31, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  If Anyone Needs to know why education in the US sucks Minimalist 2 1409 February 13, 2014 at 3:49 am
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Motivation for college: education or salary? Tea Earl Grey Hot 43 8583 July 24, 2013 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Made the wrong choice in life (about education) Gooders1002 3 1668 December 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Education, drugs, guns. 5thHorseman 4 1815 July 27, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  If you could change the education system Mal Kiever 26 8190 November 15, 2011 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Epimethean