Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Muslims are under rated.
Why Muslims are under rated.
Like I promised, I was going to create a thread that has never been discussed here (I haven't searched but it probably hasn't since most threads here are about God/truth or lies or morals of the Quran). This thread is more about History. That's right, I'm talking about America. Did you know Muslims actually discovered America or influenced Columbus and Amerigo (the other explorer)? Also did you know that Native Americans/Cherokees were originally Muslims?

Now you may think that I am trolling or something but I actually have evidence for these claims. Here goes for my first point (Muslims discovering America). Well in 1312, there were a group of explorers that went to Pre-American columbus. One of these explorers was the brother of Mansa Musa (the emperor of Mali). His name was Abu Bakr. Even Christopher Columbus claimed that he saw Mosques in America that existed before he 'discovered' america. He also saw writings that said "Allah" and Quranic verses in Texas, Mexico, Cuba. This goes to prove that Muslims lived in the area before he even stepped foot on it. In fact, Columbus actually travelled with Muslim navigators that helped him explore and with maps. You see, Muslims were one of the greatest Geographers around at the time. Columbus had an Arab translator, Navigator who helped him with his equipment. He was clearly influenced by Muslims.

Clyde-Ahmad Winters. Barry Fell. Alexander Von Wuthenau. Ivan Van Sertima. These are all experts and historians that have confirmed this FACT. Barry fell discovered these words "Jesus son of mary" in lands in america which are dated before Columbus' arrival. Muslims were very active. In fact, the language of Pima people and native americans has a lot in common with Arabic. Even the word California is traced from a arabic word meaning 'Calif'. American places like Mecca are all arabic names. This only suggests that Muslims lived before Columbus and made discoveries.

Now for the second part of my post. Native Americans were originally Muslims. Here is the evidence from a Native American Muslim. "My name is Mahir Abdal-Razzaaq El and I am a Cherokee Blackfoot American Indian who is Muslim. I am known as Eagle Sun Walker. I serve as a Pipe Carrier Warrior for the Northeastern Band of Cherokee Indians in New York City.

There are other Muslims in our group. For the most part, not many people are aware of the Native American contact with Islam that began over one thousand years ago by some of the early Muslim travelers who visited us. Some of these Muslim travelers ended up living among our people.

For most Muslims and non-Muslims of today, this type of information is unknown and has never been mentioned in any of the history books. There are many documents, treaties, legislation and resolutions that were passed between 1600s and 1800s that show that Muslims were in fact here and were very active in the comunities in which they lived. Treaties such as Peace and Friendship that was signed on the Delaware River in the year 1787 bear the signatures of Abdel-Khak and Muhammad Ibn Abdullah. This treaty details our continued right to exist as a community in the areas of commerce, maritime shipping, current form of government at that time which was in accordance with Islam. "

These his own words, not mine. Again, evidence that Native Americans were originally muslims. Even the Cherokee indians were originally Muslims. In fact, they have a well documented genealogy of their past chiefs, many of them were Muslim and had Arabic surnames. Also if you look in the Library of Congress, you will find a treaty written between the US and the "Indigenous Muurs". A recognized native population of Muslims whose treaty and sovereignty is still recognized today by the US government. Ramadhan Ibn Wati was the last Apache chief and he was a muslim.

There are even Native american muslims such as attakullakulla and Ostenaco. The Melungeons and mayan Indians have muslim ancestors.

That is all. Thank you all for reading and hopefully we will discuss this issue maturely. If you want more info then go to youtube and type in "Jerald Dirks: Did Muslims discover America" or read Dr. Robert Dickson Crane's book 'Reviving the Classical Wisdom of Islam in the Cherokee Tradition'
RE: Why Muslims are under rated.
Could you do my a favor and provide these documents?

Or solid proof of any of this?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(August 10, 2012 at 10:33 pm)Annik Wrote: Could you do my a favor and provide these documents?

Or solid proof of any of this?
Well I named the historians that agree to my arguments, included a Native American muslim convert story, included Columbus discovered Mosques and quranic verses there and also some American cities/places originate from arabic (such as california and Mecca). Also I said cherokee have ancestors that are muslims and have Islamic names. Google this stuff, it's not likes. Finally I recommended videos and books for more evidence.
Quote:There are even Native american muslims such as attakullakulla and Ostenaco. The Melungeons and mayan Indians have muslim ancestors.

Fascinating claims,which are plausible enough prima facie, but which require strong credible supporting evidence to be taken seriously. Sadly,your claims do not amount to credible evidence. What is actually needed AS A STARTING POINT are contemporary documents (plural) supporting your claims.

To be blunt:put up or shut up.
(August 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm)Sami_23 Wrote: Like I promised, I was going to create a thread that has never been discussed here (I haven't searched but it probably hasn't since most threads here are about God/truth or lies or morals of the Quran). This thread is more about History. That's right, I'm talking about America. Did you know Muslims actually discovered America or influenced Columbus and Amerigo (the other explorer)?

Did you also know that America was most likely named after Richard ap Meryk (Amerike or Ameryk), the 15th-century English merchant who sponsored John Cabot's expedition to Newfoundland and whose surname appeared on early maps? Granted, it's not widely accepted, being regarded as revisionism, but new lands were generally given the surname of their discoverer or the patron of the expedition; e.g. the Cook Islands, Tasmania (named after Dutch explorer Abel Tasman - prior to that it was called Van Diemen's Land, named in honour of Anthony van Diemen, the Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies and Tasman's sponsor) and others. Given this tradition, there seems much more credence in America being named in honour of Ameryk than the more famous Amerigo Vespucci, which ought to have resulted in the name Vespuccia or similar for the new continent.

But you're talking history. Please, carry on.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
one branch of my family's tree comes from blackfoot tribes which are mainly in montana right now in the us - still much bigger in canada right now. yes they had much more territory before europeans came over and brought new diseases as well as wiping out the buffalo population, which was the main food and clothing source. but blackfeet were not muslim in any stretch - they were sun worshippers. *old man* would have a problem with you saying that. why? because as you know, old man is the one they worship, which depending on who you ask, is the sun.

---------------------

just for shits and giggles, you should really consider changing up your wording, because you're everywhere spraying this same story, verbatim (cut n paste).
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
I've heard of this

Quote:North African sources describe what some consider to be visits to the New World by a Mali fleet in 1311. According to these sources, 400 ships from the Mali Empire discovered a land across the ocean to the West after being swept off course by ocean currents. Only one ship returned, and the captain reported the discovery of a western current to Prince Abubakari II; the off-course Mali fleet of 400 ships is said to have conducted both trade and warfare with the peoples of the western lands. It is claimed that Abubakari II abdicated his throne and set off to explore these western lands. In 1324, the Mali king Mansa Musa is said to have told the Arabic historian, Al-Umari that "his predecessors had launched two expeditions from West Africa to discover the limits of the Atlantic Ocean."

According to the abstract of Columbus' log made by Bartolomé de las Casas, the purpose of Columbus’ third voyage was to test both the claims of King John II of Portugal that “canoes had been found which set out from the coast of Guinea [West Africa] and sailed to the west with merchandise” as well as the claims of the native inhabitants of Hispaniola that “from the south and the southeast had come black people whose spears were made of a metal called guanín…from which it was found that of 32 parts: 18 were gold, 6 were silver, and 8 copper.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Columbi...ic_contact
(August 10, 2012 at 10:56 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(August 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm)Sami_23 Wrote: Like I promised, I was going to create a thread that has never been discussed here (I haven't searched but it probably hasn't since most threads here are about God/truth or lies or morals of the Quran). This thread is more about History. That's right, I'm talking about America. Did you know Muslims actually discovered America or influenced Columbus and Amerigo (the other explorer)?

Did you also know that America was most likely named after Richard ap Meryk (Amerike or Ameryk), the 15th-century English merchant who sponsored John Cabot's expedition to Newfoundland and whose surname appeared on early maps? Granted, it's not widely accepted, being regarded as revisionism, but new lands were generally given the surname of their discoverer or the patron of the expedition; e.g. the Cook Islands, Tasmania (named after Dutch explorer Abel Tasman - prior to that it was called Van Diemen's Land, named in honour of Anthony van Diemen, the Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies and Tasman's sponsor) and others. Given this tradition, there seems much more credence in America being named in honour of Ameryk than the more famous Amerigo Vespucci, which ought to have resulted in the name Vespuccia or similar for the new continent.

But you're talking history. Please, carry on.
I know this...

What do you have say about Cheng He? A Chinese Muslim who travelled the world and actually visited pre-columbus america. There is a Chinese document known as Sung document records the voyage of Muslim sailors to a land called as Mu-Lan-Pi (America) in 1178. Again this was before columbus.

On Amerigo, this link seems to suggest that he converted to Islam http://www.blurtit.com/q1392129.html

However, I highly doubt that!
It occurs to me that if one wanted to extoll the contributions of Islamic scholarship etc, one would actually not have to look very hard (mathematics, astronomy, and medicine amongst them). One hardly needs to look to the unaccepted, unsupported fringe to do so.

One notable example from the Medieval period endures: Most of the common names for naked-eye stars are Arabic in origin.
BTW, I'm going to move this topic to the Politics and History forum. This doesn't seem to be related to Islam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims? WinterHold 17 1299 October 27, 2020 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Prague Mayor under police protection Mr Greene 4 417 April 28, 2020 at 6:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9911 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Nothing New Under The Sun Minimalist 6 1079 November 23, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are Muslims the real threat? stupid rightist propaganda WinterHold 73 16216 November 1, 2017 at 9:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Will Muslims love Trump? They are whiny little bitches just like him. Greatest I am 1 924 September 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What Is This All Men Are Equal Under The Law Shit? Minimalist 10 3397 May 24, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Would Trump supporters remain consistent under this scenario NuclearEnergy 14 2337 May 6, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Khizr Khan (Gold Star Family) Told that his Travel Privileges are "under review." SteelCurtain 6 1490 March 7, 2017 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6540 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain