Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food for thought
Food for thought
According to the book of Ancient jewish memories animals have no souls. Therefore there will be no animals in heaven...........................................so would heaven be hell for zoologists? and if that is the case whats in it for us animal lovers?

A
EE WA EE WA, WIGGY WIGGY WIGGY, PLUNGA A PLUNGA A
RE: Food for thought
It is all in how one interprets the Bible. In Genesis (1:20-21)when God creates animals he created them as "nephesh hayyah" translated as "living creatures." However when he creates man he is a "nephesh hayyah" which is translated as "living souls."

According to one "Twilight Zone" episode, hunting dogs go to heaven.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Heaven isn't supposed to refer to an afterlife. Originally, and in most cultures, it still only refers to the sky, the firmament, Hebrew "raqiya."
(July 8, 2009 at 3:40 am)Anto Kennedy Wrote: Heaven isn't supposed to refer to an afterlife. Originally, and in most cultures, it still only refers to the sky, the firmament, Hebrew "raqiya."

Fire Below
Sky Above
Earth, Water & Air inbetween.

And that's our world.

It's a universal amongst all the worlds cultures (obviously, since we all share the same planet)

Oh, and the thunder god with the long beard, looks like Leonardo Da Vinci (and that is NOT a coincidence) actually belongs to the Air element, and not Sky (which is usually depicted as a snake encircling the earth i.e. Uranous)

The thunder god represents judgement. Air is the element of speech, so when you see a judge bang his hammer down and call for, 'ORDER', just imagine he's the thunder god. Because that's where the symbolism of the justice system comes from.Confused Fall

Actually heaven was both the sky and the afterlife. Rulers became stars and common souls became part of the Milky Way which the ancients correctly deduced was a group of stars. Meteors were seen as souls coming to earth to enter the body. The heavens had gates. Souls would enter via Cancer and leave via Capricorn.

The symbol for judgement was the scale. It is the constellation of Libra. It is where souls were weighed to sell if they could enter heaven. It is also harvest time when crops are weighed.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(July 7, 2009 at 8:44 pm)AngelaRachnid Wrote: so would heaven be hell for zoologists? and if that is the case whats in it for us animal lovers?

Excuse the light hearted reply..

LOL

Poor old Francis of Assisi too Big Grin
Quote:Actually heaven was both the sky and the afterlife. Rulers became stars and common souls became part of the Milky Way which the ancients correctly deduced was a group of stars. Meteors were seen as souls coming to earth to enter the body. The heavens had gates. Souls would enter via Cancer and leave via Capricorn.

The symbol for judgement was the scale. It is the constellation of Libra. It is where souls were weighed to sell if they could enter heaven. It is also harvest time when crops are weighed.

Interesting stuff, where did you get that info from.

BTW, have you pieced the story togther yet?
(July 8, 2009 at 5:24 pm)Anto Kennedy Wrote:
Quote:Actually heaven was both the sky and the afterlife. Rulers became stars and common souls became part of the Milky Way which the ancients correctly deduced was a group of stars. Meteors were seen as souls coming to earth to enter the body. The heavens had gates. Souls would enter via Cancer and leave via Capricorn.

You can use any concordance for the Hebrew stuff. The fcosmic olklore comes from Allen's "Star Names Their Lore and Meaning." I quote heavily from it in my own soon to published work since its copyright has expired. The book is also considered to be one of the best on the topic. Ann Wright has a constellation web site which quotes him extensively also.

The souls being weighed is standard Egyptian Book of the Dead stuff.
(July 8, 2009 at 6:39 pm)LEDO Wrote:
(July 8, 2009 at 5:24 pm)Anto Kennedy Wrote:

You can use any concordance for the Hebrew stuff. The fcosmic olklore comes from Allen's "Star Names Their Lore and Meaning." I quote heavily from it in my own soon to published work since its copyright has expired. The book is also considered to be one of the best on the topic. Ann Wright has a constellation web site which quotes him extensively also.

The souls being weighed is standard Egyptian Book of the Dead stuff.

Yeh I got the soul weighing, but have never once in my life studied astrology, the last piece of the jigsaw.

I take it you can get Allen's book on project gutenberg, right?
I have no idea what project gutenberg is. I bought a used 1960's reprint on the Amazon.
(July 7, 2009 at 8:44 pm)AngelaRachnid Wrote: According to the book of Ancient jewish memories animals have no souls.
Since we know man is just a branch of the animal kingdom, that would mean that man has no soul. And I agree with that. Still it's baffling that ancient jewish memories should be valued for information content. Why dig out old corpses when you know that there's no flesh to the bone?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 2868 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How do religious people justify raising and slaughtering animals for food? Alexmahone 113 12985 December 6, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Little Rik
  A Thought Experiment for Believers and Atheists Alike chimp3 39 8640 October 11, 2017 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  I guess you never thought about it, did you? Little Rik 68 16307 September 24, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Lust, sex, random thought PETE_ROSE 295 30281 August 23, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Joods
  A passing thought A_Nony_Mouse 1 1083 April 10, 2013 at 8:55 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
Thumbs Down Buying you with food Napoléon 36 12099 March 4, 2012 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Tempus
  So ...IF you are without adequate food water and housing this= your religiousness? KichigaiNeko 7 2943 August 10, 2011 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  More thought leads to less certainty...? inflectious 7 2417 May 20, 2011 at 6:57 am
Last Post: tackattack
  A Thought from a Deist Cinjin 42 14586 March 12, 2011 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Ace Otana