Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Obama wins by default”
“Obama wins by default”
Quote:“Obama wins by default,” a Romney staffer said of the days lost to the forced off-message detour.

“Akin’s outrageous remarks have forced Republicans into a defensive crouch, and the longer this goes on the more diversionary it will be,” added Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia.

“Women’s preference for Obama is already 100% of the President’s slim national lead,” Sabato said. “Anything that expands the gender gap is bad for Republicans, obviously.”

Akin’s refusal to drop out came on the same day the Republicans approved a strict anti-abortion convention platform plank that contains no exceptions for victims of rape or incest. The Democrats quickly gave it an Akin-inspired nickname. “Today, Republican leaders passed the Akin amendment as part of their party platform, banning abortion for all women even in the case of rape,” Obama campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith said. “Several Romney supporters and advisers were present and stood silently while this vote took place.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election...-1.1141698
“Obama wins by default”
I vote for giving the republicans Texas... It's sizable and they can make whatever policies they'd like, bomb whomever they choose, and have no government to meddle in their lives. Would anyone miss Texas??
RE: “Obama wins by default”
Obama, lesser of the two evils Wink
If Obama loses, it's only because the republicans had to resort to desperate measures by suppressing people's right to vote. Who the fuck wants to win that way? That's not even a win, technically, it's a cheat. There's no glory in it.

Personally, I'm volunteering with my city councilman. We're driving all over town to pick people up and then taking them to get their proper identification. When early voting starts, we're renting two buses, and getting as many people in to vote as we can until the polls close. I've registered 40+ people in the last 2 days, and I've gotten a dozen people to the DMV to get their photo ID's in the last 2 weeks.

You can sit around an bitch, or you can do something. That's how I see it.

(August 22, 2012 at 6:50 pm)festive1 Wrote: I vote for giving the republicans Texas... It's sizable and they can make whatever policies they'd like, bomb whomever they choose, and have no government to meddle in their lives. Would anyone miss Texas??

Well seeing as I was born and raised there, and I still have a large portion of my family there, as well as the family of my partner, who also was born and raised in Texas, yes, some people might. I agree Texas is ass backwards, and has horrendously bad laws, and more than it's fair share of fucking idiots, but comments like that are uncalled for and hurtful to someone who might have been from there.

Plus, giving the bad people a huge chunk of land is exactly what created Australia, so don't count on such an idea actually making that problem go away. They'd still find a way to fuck with us.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
(August 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm)C.W. Sims Wrote: Well seeing as I was born and raised there, and I still have a large portion of my family there, as well as the family of my partner, who also was born and raised in Texas, yes, some people might. I agree Texas is ass backwards, and has horrendously bad laws, and more than it's fair share of fucking idiots, but comments like that are uncalled for and hurtful to someone who might have been from there.

Plus, giving the bad people a huge chunk of land is exactly what created Australia, so don't count on such an idea actually making that problem go away. They'd still find a way to fuck with us.

Are you suggesting that I hold my tongue on the off chance that I might offend someone's geographically based sensibilities? You admitted that Texas is ass backward. Your words, not mine. Yet, you still have the gumption to chastise me for criticising the homeland.

I lived in Texas for three years (2001-2004). I loved it, up until the point that I heard a second generation American call someone that looked just like him a wetback, as if to say; "We got here first and enjoy the spoils. You're too late to the party so take your dirty, hungry indian looking ass back across the Rio Grande." In Texas, it's ok to 'look' Mexican, but you must prove that you weren't born there. There's a huge difference in Texas between a Mexican and a Mexican-national.
As one who grew up in Arkansas, all I can say is thank god for Mississippi.
(August 22, 2012 at 10:52 pm)cato123 Wrote: Are you suggesting that I hold my tongue on the off chance that I might offend someone's geographically based sensibilities? You admitted that Texas is ass backward. Your words, not mine. Yet, you still have the gumption to chastise me for criticising the homeland.

Nope, I wouldn't dare make such a suggestion. I was simply pointing out that generalizing that we would be better off without the entire state, including the families of people who might be from there was callous and rude. But I would never suggest that someone hold their tongue on the off chance that they might offend someone. That would require me to believe anyone left in this world might have the slightest modicum of respect for people. Fuck! I keep leaving and coming back because this place is so full of negative fucking people, am I just a glutton for fucking punishment or something?

Quote:I lived in Texas for three years (2001-2004). I loved it, up until the point that I heard a second generation American call someone that looked just like him a wetback, as if to say; "We got here first and enjoy the spoils. You're too late to the party so take your dirty, hungry indian looking ass back across the Rio Grande." In Texas, it's ok to 'look' Mexican, but you must prove that you weren't born there. There's a huge difference in Texas between a Mexican and a Mexican-national.

This I agree with you on, but again it is a generalization. I am from Texas, was raised by the Cuban side of my family. Cuban's generally do not have a positive view of Mexicans, no real clue why, but I was still raised by my mother to have respect for others, not to believe they were worth less than I because they were different. Given that my white father was rampantly racist and homophobic before I grew up to be a gay man who is engaged to a black me, I had plenty of that crap spewed around me and still grew up to accept people for who and what they are, not who and what I want them to be. So again, generalizing is not correct, it leads you to look like an ignorant bigot and can be hurtful to the feelings of others around you. But you probably couldn't give two shits less could ya now, deary?
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
CW, engaged? Congratulations! I wish both of you all the best.

You seem to have a problem with generalizations. The fact that there are exceptions doesn't mean that generalizations aren't true. For instance, you admitted that Texans are ass backwards. This was a generalization. I gave an example that supports this, but in no case can either of us say 'All Texans are ass backwards'. I am very fond of Texas and its people, but if I were to move back I would make sure that it was close to Austin...to maximize my encounter with what is beautiful about Texans and limit my exposure to the 'ass backwards' part.

Back to more important matters: do I warrant an invite?
He does? Good for him.
Or bad.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1322 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Removing treatment by democratic consensus as default (living wills) Duty 25 1271 October 7, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Anyone leaving if Trump wins? onlinebiker 39 2424 October 27, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1553 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1576 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  IIhan Omar wins Minnesota Congressional Primary Foxaèr 0 229 August 12, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1517 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 565 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9417 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2013 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist