Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school sucks
High school sucks
Just finished my first week of junior year and I completely forgot how much school sucks. Last year my girlfriend broke up with me and made up rumors and posted shit about me online while acting like I broke up with her and she was a victim. Also some asshole vandalized my music project and when my teacher found out he got suspended. His asshole friends think I'm a narc even though my teacher found out who it was and I had nothing to do with it. (Luckily he only has like 2 friends that are seniors) The county put more regulations in my music classes which takes the fun out of it. This year I thought things would be different but it's clear they aren't.
Anyway, so now I'm the narc with a bunch of untrue shit said about him going to a high school filled with pseudo-intellectuals who smoke weed and have Ron Paul stickers to be cool. I know it could be worse but it really sucks when school is like that and you come home to arguments and yelling.
Anyone else have bad high school experiences?
“Music is the only religion that delivers the goods.”-Frank Zappa
RE: High school sucks
I always managed to make enemies in school. Best thing to do is ignore the assholes to the best of your ability, and just get on with it. Focus on getting good grades, I know parents and pretty much everyone says it, but it really is because it's important. Looking back I wish I'd of quit pissing about as much as I did and actually got good grades so I could of gone to a better university. I know I'm capable I just could never be arsed.

At the end of the day the people sitting out the back of the school smoking weed aren't going to be the ones who actually get anywhere in life. So fuck 'em.
(August 31, 2012 at 6:53 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I always managed to make enemies in school. Best thing to do is ignore the assholes to the best of your ability, and just get on with it. Focus on getting good grades, I know parents and pretty much everyone says it, but it really is because it's important. Looking back I wish I'd of quit pissing about as much as I did and actually got good grades so I could of gone to a better university. I know I'm capable I just could never be arsed.

At the end of the day the people sitting out the back of the school smoking weed aren't going to be the ones who actually get anywhere in life. So fuck 'em.
Yeah fuck 'em. Ignoring them is hard though when you can't walk down the hallway without getting called something. I managed to get a 4.4 gpa which would be higher if my major classes were honors the last 2 years.

By the way, the assholes are the kind of guys that made fun of a guy constantly because his brother recently overdosed on heroin.
(August 31, 2012 at 7:01 pm)Ocato Wrote: Ignoring them is hard though when you can't walk down the hallway without getting called something.

Honestly, they'll get bored eventually. Literally give them no response. Act like they don't fucking exist. 5 years time, to you, they won't.
Yes, pretty much the same as yours. I also had the coming home to the screaming, then if you add my dad having an affair with my half sister (not his child) and getting her pregnant, I guess I can relate. Don't worry, though, it's only a small portion of your life. I never met my best friends until long after I'd left formal education. I can tell you this for nothing - having a shit life in your younger years makes for a much better life when you're old enough to appreciate some of the better experiences. Anytime you need to vent, inbox me; I'll depress you into happiness. :p
(August 31, 2012 at 7:02 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(August 31, 2012 at 7:01 pm)Ocato Wrote: Ignoring them is hard though when you can't walk down the hallway without getting called something.

Honestly, they'll get bored eventually. Literally give them no response. Act like they don't fucking exist. 5 years time, to you, they won't.
I don't ever respond to them. Hopefully they'll get bored soon.
(August 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm)Gambit Wrote: Yes, pretty much the same as yours. I also had the coming home to the screaming, then if you add my dad having an affair with my half sister (not his child) and getting her pregnant, I guess I can relate. Don't worry, though, it's only a small portion of your life. I never met my best friends until long after I'd left formal education. I can tell you this for nothing - having a shit life in your younger years makes for a much better life when you're old enough to appreciate some of the better experiences. Anytime you need to vent, inbox me; I'll depress you into happiness. :p
Thanks! Wow that must have been horrible.
Quote:Anyone else have bad high school experiences?

Sadly yes.

I went to a Catholic boys school in which the strap was the preferred teaching aide. I had the shit beaten out of me from age 11 to 17. My parents simply did not believe me. We were not allowed to date girls,and homosexual activity was frowned upon. I had my first date at age 17
(August 31, 2012 at 7:09 pm)Ocato Wrote:
(August 31, 2012 at 7:02 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Honestly, they'll get bored eventually. Literally give them no response. Act like they don't fucking exist. 5 years time, to you, they won't.
I don't ever respond to them. Hopefully they'll get bored soon.
(August 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm)Gambit Wrote: Yes, pretty much the same as yours. I also had the coming home to the screaming, then if you add my dad having an affair with my half sister (not his child) and getting her pregnant, I guess I can relate. Don't worry, though, it's only a small portion of your life. I never met my best friends until long after I'd left formal education. I can tell you this for nothing - having a shit life in your younger years makes for a much better life when you're old enough to appreciate some of the better experiences. Anytime you need to vent, inbox me; I'll depress you into happiness. :p
Thanks! Wow that must have been horrible.

It was horrible but I got over it, as hard as that may seem to you now. These people are vapid and they know it, which is why they act the way they do. It's one of those things you really don't see without the benefit of hindsight. Keep your head up when they confront you, and keep your head down when it comes to your studies. Remember; (s)he who laughs last, laughs longest.
I disliked high school a lot. Usually a good day was one without humiliation, boredom or a physical encounter with someone bigger than me. I was pretty meek in my early teens (I'm much more balanced now), although I had a slow-fuse temper that could be provoked. I skipped school frequently to get away. In hindsight I wish I'd spent that time reading something decent and educating myself. Things got much better toward the end and I left for college reasonably optimistic. I'm glad it's over, but ultimately I don't regret anything - I couldn't have known then what I know now.
I miss high school.. some of the best years of my life... nothing really matters at school.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5G sucks. Jehanne 12 837 June 5, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2102 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2353 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 577 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2160 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1549 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Grief and how it sucks *Deidre* 21 3127 May 4, 2018 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1147 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What sucks about being single. Brian37 7 1647 March 9, 2018 at 10:10 am
Last Post: No_God