Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I made a mistake on Obama.
I made a mistake on Obama.
This is one of those times when the spirit of truth overpowers ego. Not too long ago, I started a potent thread criticizing Obama. While my view on not conforming has not changed, there was a huge mistake by referring to Obama as the Goldman Sachs candidate and repeatedly bringing up him being bought out by the banks.

My primary basis for calling him the Goldman Sachs candidate and promulgating that he is bought out by the banks was this source. Looking at the table, I am sure you can understand why I might think that. But what I missed (and what nobody objected to me about in the thread) is that the chart is from 2008.

When we look at the 2012 chart, it is significantly different.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contri...=N00009638

On the other hand, Romney's chart is still a total banker chart:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contri...=N00000286

So, what does this mean? One possibility is that the banks donated to Obama in 2008 and he did not give them the cronyism they wanted, so now they withdrew support and shifted it to Romney.
[Image: questionc.jpg]
RE: I made a mistake on Obama.
Obama tried to re-regulate the banks....the republicunts and a few conservative democrats watered the bill down.

The banks have now decided that they will get more bang for their buck with a rich cocksucker like Romney running the show.

I'm sure they researched the matter thoroughly and know exactly how much Romney will cost.
The banks turned on him because their stock is a tenth what it used to be.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 11, 2012 at 8:40 pm)Polaris Wrote: The banks turned on him because their stock is a tenth what it used to be.

Fuckers, they would have, and should have, fallen, in a free market we'd be long done with those companies. I don't see how your presidents could be any more submissive to the banks without literally prostrating themselves. They got (or rather you got) cronyism up the wahzoo.

The 'deregulation' is a sham. There are different types of regulations:
1. Ones designed to control what a business/industry X can do,
2. Those which give them benefits, protect them, or just plain give em cash,
3. Rules which control what companies/industry Y can do, which of course benefits company/industry X.

The only regulations you ever lost were of the first type. They lose all the restrictions, but kept all the handouts. I'm all for deregulation, but it would mean letting them do pretty much whatever they want, and then letting them suffer the consequences of their actions, rather than paying them to make stupid bets.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
The majority of Americans made a mistake with Obama.

[Image: 710067.jpg]
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 13, 2012 at 10:36 pm)Polaris Wrote: The majority of Americans made a mistake with Obama.

Yes and no. If it's a choice between Obama and McCain, McCain would have been a whole fuck of a bunch worse. If it was the choice between Obama and Hillary, yeah, I think we made mistake there.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 13, 2012 at 11:11 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(September 13, 2012 at 10:36 pm)Polaris Wrote: The majority of Americans made a mistake with Obama.

Yes and no. If it's a choice between Obama and McCain, McCain would have been a whole fuck of a bunch worse. If it was the choice between Obama and Hillary, yeah, I think we made mistake there.

You may be right. Hillary's more confrontive style might have been more effective.
(September 13, 2012 at 11:11 pm)TaraJo Wrote:

McCain would have made a better choice than either of them since he is actually more liberal than both and more responsible certainly than Obama. In 2008, the GOP nominated one of the more liberal politicians in amongst themselves whereas the Democrats gave us the most conservative (guess the GOP learned to be more liberal after Bush and the Democrats just the opposite). We should be mad the Democrats keep giving us conservative candidates instead of pulling from the left of their party.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1199 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I have made a new YouTube video about anarchism... FlatAssembler 18 1131 July 30, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Make no mistake about it. Brian37 9 569 June 30, 2021 at 12:42 pm
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1440 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1472 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 538 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I've Made a Video about Anarchism FlatAssembler 43 3133 October 24, 2019 at 7:46 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1389 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
  The $60M "Mistake"- it's almost orgasmic! Fireball 8 699 October 3, 2018 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 8886 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok