Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apology
Apology
Hey guys,

Just wanted to take the time to apologize for myself and on behalf of Chistians.

There are a lot of people that use the doctrines of Christianity to bludgeon people over the head. I am one of these people and constantly have to remind myself to stop arguing for the grace of God in an ungracious way.

I apologize to any of you that have been told God hates you.

I apologize for to any of you that have been treated as outcasts.

I apologize to any of you who have been mocked/looked-down-on because of a belief that you hold (or don't hold).

I went to a private Christian college (surprise) and a lot of my friends were/are atheist. I haven't treated them as I should have and I want that to change now.

Cheers,
-Jeff
RE: Apology
We are nice people, I don't get why many Christians look down on us... we don't eat babies all the time.
Cunt
(September 19, 2012 at 4:07 pm)frankiej Wrote: We are nice people, I don't get why many Christians look down on us... we don't eat babies all the time.

That only happens when girls (or your favorite brand of sexual partner) swallow.Wink Shades
(September 19, 2012 at 4:03 pm)Reasonable_Jeff Wrote: There are a lot of people that use the doctrines of Christianity to bludgeon people over the head.

Hmn, well I guess somebody has to be the asshole......

That's because they are suited for very little else...obviously this is not your fault, and no apology is required from you for the core of christian beliefs. However, to be told that someone apologizes for others (and themselves) for the things they said without retracting their support for such things is, as far as I'm concerned, just apologizing for the fact that we may have overheard such "ungracious" bullshit, not an apology for the bullshit itself - not much of an apology.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Thanks.

You should just do what jesus said in the book of Matthew, and keep it to yourself. Every time you even talk about it in a public place, you make jesus cry.

Your being a chirstian has done me no harm as such, the apology is meaningless, but I note you have done fuck all about the paper clip.
[Image: signiture_zps1665b542.gif]
I'll accept your apology, although you shouldn't have to apologize for other people's behavior. I have some good friends who are very religious, but they don't preach to me so we're cool.

If you really want to do something substantial, don't talk to us about this; talk to the religious people of the world who use their faith as a club to bludgeon the population into submission. When Pat Robertson uses the Bible to tell homosexuals they're going to hell, call Pat on being a jackass. When the Mormons spend millions trying to pass homophobic bills, speak up and say they're wrong. When Michelle Bachmann wants to stop a bill that would protect GLBT kids from bullies, tell her and her supporters that they're being assholes.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 19, 2012 at 7:54 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Thanks.

You should just do what jesus said in the book of Matthew, and keep it to yourself. Every time you even talk about it in a public place, you make jesus cry.

Jesus never said that.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
GC's right. As long as you're not praying publicly, where everyone can see you (like in a church), you're covered.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think you're taking the term "apologist" too literally, Jeff.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Methodist Church apology over abuse claims zebo-the-fat 11 2169 May 30, 2015 at 9:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Church of England makes Chichester child abuse apology zebo-the-fat 7 3613 July 8, 2013 at 8:34 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Michael Sherlock:Early Church Infanticide Apology michaelsherlock 3 1712 April 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: michaelsherlock
  When an apology is not an apology Minimalist 3 1524 January 21, 2011 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Ryft