Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheistic calendar
Atheistic calendar
We must create an atheistic calendar. I think Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins do not want to live according to the Gregorian Catholic calendar. And I do not want to.
RE: Atheistic calendar
Hug

Just remember that a lot of the current callender is simply repurposed pagan and heathen terms and dates.

So, just learn about the history of the callender and 'Take back' the stuff from its Catholic apropriators.

Smile

Cheers.

Not at work.
(December 23, 2019 at 4:56 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Hug

Just remember that a lot of the current callender is simply repurposed pagan and heathen terms and dates.

So, just learn about the history of the callender and 'Take back' the stuff from its Catholic apropriators.

Smile

Cheers.

Not at work.

Yes. Christmas and the day of the Slavic god Kolyada fall on the day of the winter solstice. Christianity emerged from more ancient European mythologies
(December 23, 2019 at 4:45 am)Interaktive Wrote: We must create an atheistic calendar. I think Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins do not want to live according to the Gregorian Catholic calendar. And I do not want to.

They tried this in the French Revolution. It was actually quite beautiful. 

Today is the 3rd of Nivôse, Decade 10. Today is dedicated to bitumen. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Rep...n_calendar
(December 23, 2019 at 5:11 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(December 23, 2019 at 4:45 am)Interaktive Wrote: We must create an atheistic calendar. I think Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins do not want to live according to the Gregorian Catholic calendar. And I do not want to.

They tried this in the French Revolution. It was actually quite beautiful. 

Today is the 3rd of Nivôse, Decade 10. Today is dedicated to bitumen. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Rep...n_calendar

thanks enlightened
I wrote to European politicians to consider the issue at the g7 summit on the transition to an atheistic French calendar
(December 23, 2019 at 7:02 am)Interaktive Wrote: I wrote to European politicians to consider the issue at the g7 summit on the transition to an atheistic French calendar

What a stupid thing to do.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 23, 2019 at 7:17 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 23, 2019 at 7:02 am)Interaktive Wrote: I wrote to European politicians to consider the issue at the g7 summit on the transition to an atheistic French calendar

What a stupid thing to do.

Boru

do you want to live according to the catholic calendar?

by the way, Lamarck knew about evolution before Darwin
(December 23, 2019 at 7:29 am)Interaktive Wrote:
(December 23, 2019 at 7:17 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What a stupid thing to do.

Boru

do you want to live according to the catholic calendar?

Of course I do.  I find it very convenient.  For instance, if my calendar didn't have 'Ash Wednesday' marked on it, I'll probably go round we-wiping strangers' foreheads.

But seriously, what good do you think is going to come of your letter to European politicians?  Can you imagine them sitting round the conference table at the next G7 and saying, 'Let's put the world economy and global warning to the side for now and take up this calendar issue'?

Lamarck was at best an innovator, but not a very good one.  He got everything wrong about evolution, and didn't believe in chemistry.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 23, 2019 at 7:42 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 23, 2019 at 7:29 am)Interaktive Wrote: do you want to live according to the catholic calendar?

Of course I do.  I find it very convenient.  For instance, if my calendar didn't have 'Ash Wednesday' marked on it, I'll probably go round we-wiping strangers' foreheads.

But seriously, what good do you think is going to come of your letter to European politicians?  Can you imagine them sitting round the conference table at the next G7 and saying, 'Let's put the world economy and global warning to the side for now and take up this calendar issue'?

Lamarck was at best an innovator, but not a very good one.  He got everything wrong about evolution, and didn't believe in chemistry.

Boru

quite possible discussion. The USSR switched to the Catholic calendar. Although, the Russian Orthodox. The atheistic calendar is more global than the catholic. Why do Japanese and Greeks use Catholicism? Great7 discussed Gorbachev in the USSR and human rights in China, freedom of speech. The calendar is a good question, modern, progressive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 14843 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Make up your own atheistic quote Transcended Dimensions 56 9505 October 30, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2586 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Atheistic religions Der/die AtheistIn 21 6671 August 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  The second most atheistic group in the world is... Gawdzilla Sama 15 3501 December 2, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheistic Dogma- Scientific Fundamentalism sswhateverlove 315 44163 September 20, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheistic dinner "prayer" Eric9001 11 4815 July 14, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Is Atheistic Humanism the ideology of the Anglo-Sphere? theyear12013 14 5474 January 2, 2014 at 1:30 am
Last Post: theyear12013
  Is this the atheistic way of thinking Moira 13 5610 September 24, 2013 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Moira
  Atheistic bloodthirstiness (by D. D'Souza) L.A.F. 31 8013 May 12, 2013 at 3:44 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse