Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What sports are people into?
What sports are people into?
I'm a huge football fan (by football I mean the game that is actually played mostly with your feet, American's call it soccer). I don't really play it apart from with the kids at the school I work at but I love watching it and used to play a lot when I was at school. I'm a Stockport County fan but I also support Man City and Liverpool as they are my parent's teams.

Apart from football I also like watching tennis and cricket and do my best to keep up with what is going on with both of them. I also enjoy playing table-tennis and badminton but don't play often. I captained my primary-school team at volley-ball but my high-school didn't have a team and I never got back into playing it. I did represent my high-school at distance running though.
'Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men' - Henry David Thoreau
RE: What sports are people into?
I was never really into sports. The only sport I liked as a kid was tennis. Any other sport I hated playing probably because I hate working on teams and tennis is mostly a one on one sport.

Dodgeball or Warball were my favorite non-serious games. I also loved capture the flag when played at night and you could be sneaky.

Don't play sports anymore but I'd like to get back into tennis eventually.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Quote:American's call it soccer

Americans call it "boring."
(October 5, 2012 at 7:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:American's call it soccer

Americans call it "boring."

Me too.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Mind, I don't like the American version of football, either.
I'm not into sports, never really was. I just don't like them that much...and I'm weak...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(October 5, 2012 at 7:38 pm)Hughsie Wrote: I'm a huge football fan (by football I mean the game that is actually played mostly with your feet, American's call it soccer). I don't really play it apart from with the kids at the school I work at but I love watching it and used to play a lot when I was at school. I'm a Stockport County fan but I also support Man City and Liverpool as they are my parent's teams.

Apart from football I also like watching tennis and cricket and do my best to keep up with what is going on with both of them. I also enjoy playing table-tennis and badminton but don't play often. I captained my primary-school team at volley-ball but my high-school didn't have a team and I never got back into playing it. I did represent my high-school at distance running though.

Every sport takes talent, even if it is a sport I don't like. I hate soccer. Not because the players aren't tough, but because of the low scores in any given game. I have a hard time watching a 3 hour game that ends in 1-0 or 2-0 or 2-1. When I say 3 hour, I don't meant actual rule time, but time outs for tv spots.

And I don't like it when soccer fans trash American football players. I will give them all due credit playing soccer as having tallent. But they falsely think NFL players ar whimps for wearing all the pads. I doubt any forward in soccer could take the daily pounding a lineman or quarterback takes just in practice, EVEN with the pads on.
Football (Americans call it some funny name already mentioned...I also like American football (though I think international rugby is better) and baseball (only at the stadium as tv coverage is awful and I don't like to play it).

If you count karate as a sport, then that as well.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(October 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I doubt any forward in soccer could take the daily pounding a lineman or quarterback takes just in practice, EVEN with the pads on.

No, but rugby players knock the shit out of each other and they have no pads at all.
'Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men' - Henry David Thoreau
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS! eSports, of course Big Grin

Well... that, because i don't think sex counts as a sport. Maybe I should be the first to make it one Big Grin Imagine the money I could make! THE RATINGS MAN, GOTTA GET DEM RATINGS!
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of comedy and sports. A HELP ME thread. Brian37 9 1197 October 15, 2021 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Abusive sports fans. 0P Brian37 20 1745 June 7, 2021 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sports, football vs figure skating...... Brian37 11 961 January 16, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Ok sports fans, no matter the sport........ Brian37 7 518 December 12, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The myth of the draft in pro sports. Brian37 3 526 December 29, 2019 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should college sports players be paid? Brian37 13 2335 October 2, 2019 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Marginalized sports viocjit 49 5305 August 1, 2019 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Anyone into combat sports? EgoDeath 24 2140 March 17, 2019 at 10:22 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Will be walking the sports plank soon. Brian37 4 1044 February 4, 2019 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Where sports/politics and religion meet. Brian37 0 476 January 28, 2019 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37