Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Power of Introverts
The Power of Introverts
I figure since a lot of us are in some ways introverts, this video might be interesting.

I see a lot of positive insights from this tedtalk.

But I think it depends on what you mean by introvert. And how you use your introverted personality.

A lot of introverts don't realize that their personality is not necessarily a problem if they just find the right way to manage it.

Einstein was considered to be autistic. But how he coped with his autism was not by wishing he wasn't autistic. It was going all-out into what autism made most comfortable to him, and leveraged it into the most profitable direction he could go.

Speaking to a lot of people here who have psychological challenges or problems that might be difficult to deal with- as long as they are healthy, try and find a way to work around them. Be creative.

This is obviously easier said than done. With all our various illnesses our responsibilities are very standardized: school, work, family, bills, chores. This standardization is often whats so burdensome. But they don't have to be.

To those that are struggling, don't give up.

I suffered from depression for quite a while. I took the pills and did the therapy and was somewhat annoyed that I was dealing with this monkey on my back for no fault of my own.

But somehow I leveraged it into the academic background I have today. Which isn't amazing. But it's opened up a huge door in my life.

So look for doors that might open in your lives, thanks to the weird challenges you deal with.
RE: The Power of Introverts
Vinny Wrote:Einstein was considered to be autistic. But how he coped with his autism was not by wishing he wasn't autistic. It was going all-out into what autism made most comfortable to him, and leveraged it into the most profitable direction he could go.

Funny, I thought that he coped with shit by inserting his name into other people's theories without citations and being 'likable' and 'approachable'.

Don't give up? If for anything other than how some people would put out: why? Is there something particularly special about caring or living that nobody's managed to yet convey to me? Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(December 5, 2012 at 9:14 am)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: Einstein was considered to be autistic. But how he coped with his autism was not by wishing he wasn't autistic. It was going all-out into what autism made most comfortable to him, and leveraged it into the most profitable direction he could go.

Well, my psychiatrist thinks I'm autistic, and I don't mind all that much. (I know who I am, why bother getting worked up about what the label is?) I think that's conclusive proof that I'm the second coming of Einstein. Smile
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Einstein once remarked that in his later years, at Princeton, I believe, his own work had ceased to interest him, and his main pleasure was the opportunity it afforded him to walk home each day with Godel. That doesn't sound like an autistic to me.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I bought Susan Cain's book "Quiet" earlier in the year, and I recommended it to a teacher who tried to get me to be more extroverted. She did not take it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
[Image: 29396085.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't underestimate the power of the dork side Foxaèr 17 774 March 7, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Power Outages onlinebiker 15 1721 February 11, 2019 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Marozz
  The power of change Foxaèr 11 1557 April 1, 2018 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What if you had the power to reinvent money ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4537 October 8, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Power Struggle with Roommate; Need Advice InquiringMind 16 2892 April 5, 2017 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Stihl Power Tools Fan Thread Tino 10 4613 November 4, 2012 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Waiting for the Power to Go Out Tino 45 7481 November 1, 2012 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Tino
  The Power of Now FallentoReason 12 8041 September 8, 2012 at 9:54 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
Question What is your favorite super power reverendjeremiah 35 10982 May 3, 2011 at 12:12 am
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Ahh, the power of cheese. jonathanwithaj 1 1080 August 19, 2009 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Dotard