Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if you had the power to reinvent money
What if you had the power to reinvent money
When you think about it..the little piece of paper we call money or the coins really doesn't have any intrinsic value. Whatever value it does have is because we pretend it has that value.

Let's say you get a chance to reinvent money. Instead of it being notes and coins you can give the value to something else.

In short, you get to take the value of money from currency notes and coins and assign this value to something else. What would it be?
RE: What if you had the power to reinvent money
We've already reinvented it.  Most people, if you turned out their pockets, wouldn't have any bills or loose change.  Plastic.  

More portable than cash and -slightly- more difficult to usefully steal. I guess we could do away with the cards someday in favor of biometrics.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
umm cryptocurrency...?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

While I still don't understand bitcoin, and I suspect that will always be the case, I still wish I had invented it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I dunno. I kinda think the barter system was the best thing we could have done. Trade one thing for another.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'd not use my power.

Money is the greatest invention of all.
(October 7, 2017 at 3:33 pm)Khemikal Wrote: We've already reinvented it.  Most people, if you turned out their pockets, wouldn't have any bills or loose change.  Plastic.  

More portable than cash and -slightly- more difficult to usefully steal.  I guess we could do away with the cards someday in favor of biometrics.

This is pretty much the answer in the sense that money has progressed from coins and notes.  It's been reinvented as far as I understand, from gold, to notes and coins, to electronic information, there's currency like bitcoin.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I was expecting some answer like "I will reassign the value of money to kindness so kind people will be rich and since they're kind they'll redistribute their wealth and take care of the more poor folks" but you guys are talking about bitcoin xD
Skittles, for sure
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 7, 2017 at 8:50 pm)Joods Wrote: I dunno. I kinda think the barter system was the best thing we could have done. Trade one thing for another.

Hmm.  Not sure I want to lug 6000 bushels of wheat to the dealership when I want to buy a car.

Hammoru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  The concept of "spending money" as a fetish Ahriman 15 1766 December 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What would you do if given a ton of money? Ahriman 23 959 December 27, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Don't underestimate the power of the dork side Foxaèr 17 771 March 7, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 356 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1345 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2079 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  Power Outages onlinebiker 15 1718 February 11, 2019 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Marozz
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 541 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1231 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit