Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahweh Volcano Fire God of War: Updated
Yahweh Volcano Fire God of War: Updated
Now I am sure many of you had already read the previous discussion and my Article on Newsvine titled: "Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War."

Well, I have updated that article and wrote another more in depth article surrounding mountain GOD worship. Now Volcano GOD worship might not be the true origins of this deity as I will provide evidence below to attest to this, but it doesn't change that it had become exactly that. So lets get to it and revisit the old article and explore the mountain of knowledge in the new article!

First Article:

Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War.

Updates:

Added information on "El Shaddia", The Shin, and Corrected error on information regarding the Shin's translated meaning.. You will also now find more information on the Amorites and the GOD of Abraham. You can find these detailed updates in the section discussing Yahweh's name. These in which some of you might find rather interesting.

Second Article:

Mountain GOD Worship: Yahweh, God of the Mountains.

Abstract:
Quote: I remember as a child playing "King of the hill", and how when I ever laid a successful sack of the mighty mountain that I would be King of all the realms before me. Truly the most high is crowned the overlord of the kingdoms, and I would seek my wrath should my position ever had been challenged. It's a game I am sure many of us remember, but I wonder how many actually understand how true this game is to the history religion in ancient Mesopotamia.

However, while doing research I have found that it is pretty likely that Yahweh was originally based on the Arkadian GOD "Sin", and the Egyptian God "Yah" before it ever manifested into a Volcano GOD of Fire and War. The evidence for this hinted in my second article when addressing "Yah", but I didn't really go deep into that since my research into that hadn't yet begun.. So here is what I have found in relation to this subject thus far:

Post notes:
1. This is not an official statement from me yet as I am still looking into this
2. I remind everyone that this deals a lot with a time period before Christianity ever existed, or came on stage even though you find this in modern Christianity..

Yah - Moon GOD:

I wonder if anyone is curious to know where Hallelujah comes from or actually means, or what Mount Sinai actually means.. It's in reference to the Egyptian moon GOD Yah while Mount Sinai literally means "Moon Mountain [1] " in reference to the Arkadian / Sumerian Moon GOD "Sin":
Quote:Horeb is thought to mean glowing/heat, which seems to be a reference to the sun, while Sinai may have derived from the name of Sin, the Sumerian deity of the moon,[2][3] and thus Sinai and Horeb would be the mountain of the moon and sun, respectively.[2]

^ a b c "Mount Horeb". Jewish Encyclopedia.
^ a b Matthew Black and H. H. Rowley, ed. (1963). "Exodus". Peake's Commentary on the Bible (second edition ed.). Thomas Nelson. pp. section 178c.

Yahweh when traced really seems to have had originally nothing to do with El, El ELyon, or El Shaddai as those are Canaanite / Amorite deities as noted in my first and second article. The Amorite deity Shaddai likely being the same GOD "EL" of the Canaanite Pantheon giving the evidence in my first article, and the compound use of "EL Shaddai". However, Yahweh's origins are far different when we actually trace this deity. Hence the Shasu of YHW were likely Egyptians, or possibly the evicted Canaanite Hyksos who based their religion around a version of this moon GOD. To whom of course likely found the Arkadian moon GOD a deity they can associate to, or had previously associated to before taking up power in Egypt. Either way, they confided in both, and It is known that these people adapted their beliefs according to the lands they lived in, and it seems they started to usurp the Canaanite Pantheon into the persona of Yahweh after the collapse of the Canaanite civilization and the eviction of the Hyksos from Egypt. But there is more telling evidence to this other than Mount Sinai as we can note and address the popular means to praise this deity to which we have come to know as: "Halleluhjah, Halleluliah. Halleluyah..:
Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallelujah

Hallelujah,also spelled halleluiah, halleluyah, and the Greek and Latin form alleluia are transliterations of the Hebrew word הללו יה (Modernhalleluya, Tiberianhalləlûyāh) meaning "Praise ye Yah" or "Praise Jah, you people".[1][2][3] The last syllable is from the first two letters of the name of God, YHWH (also transcribed JHVH).[4] "Praise Jah" is therefore a shortened form of "Praise Yahweh"[5][6][7] or, in another transliteration of the name, "Praise Jehovah".
Hallelujah is found primarily in the book of Psalms. The word is used in Judaism as part of the Hallel prayers, and in Christian prayer,[8] where it is used in various ways in liturgies.[9] It has been accepted into the English language and has a similar pronunciation in many other languages.

But what is not mentioned on Wiki is this :

Quote: One of the false gods the Jews worshipped was Yah. This pagan idol has its roots in Babylon and in Egypt. This is the lunar or moon god. In Babylon the moon god is called "Ia" or Ya. It has both a female and a male identity. In Egypt the Babylonian female "Ia or Ya" was changed into a male god and the female god was named "shua" and made the sky god. When a person then combines these forms into Iashua or Yahshua they have made the moon god the sky god. This Babylonian/Egypt deity is also called Baal throughout the Scriptures. The Jews did worshiped the moon god when they apostated into idolatry from the true God Ehyeh asher Ehyeh (Elohim/Adonai). Look up the word moon in Hebrew and it is "yareah" which is the same as "Yahweh." Modern Hebrew spells it different now to distort the real identity of their ancient Yah god. They now spell it "yareach." The Yah moon god remains controversial, but the evidence of the Jewish god Yah as the same god as the Babylonian god "Ia-ya" and or the Egyptian moon god Yah is pretty robust thus far.

"yah, jah, ia" is nothing but the moon god. Saying hallelu-jah means praise the moon god.

This to which is actually supported by archeology:

[Image: batyah-moon-god-yah.jpg]
-
[Image: hallelu-yah-stone.jpg]

As well as supported by:
Quote:[Image: hebrew_egyptian_moon_god_yah.jpg]

Aah (Yahh): The Moon-God (Yareach - Hebrew)
excerpted from E.A. Wallis Budge Hieroglyphic Dictionary Vol. I. p.29b

And of course through the process of Usurping the Canaanite Pantheon, it was later equated to "EL". Their Moon Mountain GOD was likely a Volcano GOD of War, or became one through the process of usurping.

Conclusions:

I don't think that Yahweh being a mountain fire GOD of War is really much in question anymore in light of the fiery evidence. But it's deeper origins are intriguing to say the least Smile Thus I hope this has shed some more light on the mystery of Yahweh, and how yahweh came to be, where Yahweh came from, and what Yahweh is or has become. Smile
RE: Yahweh Volcano Fire God of War: Updated
Very interesting. What do the older religious dieties have to offer about "creation"? Out of curiosity. Christians everywhere, open your fucking eyes .
The only problem with some of this is that there are no active volcanos in Canaan or Egypt.

There are some in Saudi Arabia which lends some credence to the idea that Yah was imported into Canaan from the south. IIRC there is an Egyptian inscription which indicates something about this from the New Kingdom period.
(December 6, 2012 at 4:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The only problem with some of this is that there are no active volcanos in Canaan or Egypt.

There are some in Saudi Arabia which lends some credence to the idea that Yah was imported into Canaan from the south. IIRC there is an Egyptian inscription which indicates something about this from the New Kingdom period.

Note you said 'Active' volcanos, the volcano could be dormant or extinct Edinburgh has an extinct volcano next to it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
A dormant or extinct volcano is not very awe-inspiring. And geological time is a whole different scale than human time.

http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/region.cfm?rnum=03

"Holocene" eruptions cover an enormous amount of ground.
(December 6, 2012 at 4:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The only problem with some of this is that there are no active volcanos in Canaan or Egypt.

There doesn't have to be, and they would probably know what an inactive volcano looks like and still associate it with Yahweh. It's also likely Yahweh was associated with all or any volcanic activity in that part of the world. And yes there was volcanic activity in the region as Exodus for example is dated pretty close to the time period of the Thera Eruption and is likely based on that. This includes the link to Egyptian cities buried in volcanic ash and rock dating to this time period. It's an eruption of a magnitude that humans have rarely ever probably witnessed before, and people worship today far less impressive volcanoes. Now exodus in itself is likely a mythical story based on a real event as there is no evidence of Exodus happening as it is actually written, or the existence of Mosses.. I have provided links to volcanoes, and it's safe to say it would be naive to think they had no knowledge of volcanoes. Though I would say the Yah started off as a moon GOD and because associated with Sin to become a "Moon Mountain" God. But I will need more information. However, I don't think it's relevant where Volcanoes were here as they are up and down the Nile and in the Red Sea area.

And clearly, giving the description, I don't think they were basing that on just a dormant volcano.. It's just sad that not much research has been done concerning the volcanoes to which include the dormant ones in that region.. Just trying to look up the eruption histories seems to come up blanks on many of them in the region. And that has a lot to do with little or no vegetation to date them with, and the hospitable environments that really make it impractical to do so. :/

So to conclude all this, nobody really knows which mountain would have actually been Mt Sinia, or used for this mountain in the bible. It's likely Thera and perhaps others, but we will never actually know which if any, or all. But I would say volcanoes would indeed have left their impact on ancient religion and the development of as we still see it today as noted in the second article.
Quote:And yes there was volcanic activity in the region as Exodus for example is dated pretty close to the time period of the Thera Eruption and is likely based on that.

Thera has been dated by c14, dendrochronology and ice cores to 1625 BC.

Since exodus is a mythical event it really does not have a date but fundies insist that it had to have happened during the mid 14th century BC in order for the equally mythical "solomon" to have built the temple in the 10th century.

It is doubtful that the region of Judah suffered much from the ash cloud or tsunami based on geography. Certainly not enough to concoct a volcano out of it.

[Image: 10_thera_ashfall.jpg]

For that matter, it seems highly unlikely that Egypt suffered much in the way of direct damage either. At this point in its history Egypt's coasts were undeveloped and its problems were mainly political. However, Egypt's trading partners on Crete and in Asia Minor would have been devastated.
Quote:Thera has been dated by c14, dendrochronology and ice cores to 1625 BC.

Since exodus is a mythical event it really does not have a date but fundies insist that it had to have happened during the mid 14th century BC in order for the equally mythical "solomon" to have built the temple in the 10th century.

Exodus doesn't require being written 1625 BC to be based on that event.. And if you read my second article, it addresses the time table in which Exodus was written to which would be closer to 1523 bC.

Quote:[Image: 10_thera_ashfall.jpg]

For that matter, it seems highly unlikely that Egypt suffered much in the way of direct damage either. At this point in its history Egypt's coasts were undeveloped and its problems were mainly political. However, Egypt's trading partners on Crete and in Asia Minor would have been devastated.

Accept it had:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...lcano.html

Quote:Egyptian archaeologists today announced that they have unearthed traces of solidified lava on the northern coast of Sinai that date to around 1500 B.C.—supporting accounts that ancient Egyptian settlements were buried by a massive volcanic eruption in the Mediterranean

And we also address this issue:

Quote:On the other hand, as the two researchers pointed out, archaeological evidence linked with the Historical Dating of Ancient Egypt indicate that the Thera eruption must have occurred after the start of the New Kingdom in Egypt in 1530 BC.

The two researchers said their find (olive tree) represents a serious contradiction between the results of the scientific method (radiocarbon dating) and scholarly work in the humanities (history-archaeology), with both sides holding strong arguments to support their conclusions.

My argument is that they both right.. Hence the Eruption and the writing of the Exodus don't need to overlap in time.. The writing of Exodus could easily have been written 100 years later especially when the story of Atlantis is suspected of being related to this same event and having been written in 360 BC.. After all, the evidence shows that Exodus is likely fictional, and likely as a fictional story based on a real Volcanic event. What is clear though is that Egyptian cities were indeed buried in volcanic ash, has shown volcanic lava or pumice on it's shores. :

Quote:http://www.sawfnews.com/Lifestyle/35474.aspx

Scientists have found pumice, stone made from cooled volcanic lava, during excavations of Egyptian ruins despite there not being any volcanoes in Egypt. Analysis of the rock shows that it came from the Santorini volcano, providing physical evidence that the ash fallout from the eruption at Santorini reached Egyptian shores.

He said the new find seemed to confirm accounts from ancient artwork and documents that recount the destruction of coastal cities in Egypt and Palestine during the 15th dynasty (1650-1550 BC), when foreigners known as the Hyksos ruled Egypt.
Popcorn
In fact, there is the Harrat Ash Shaam volcanic field that extends from southern Syria through NW Jordan to Saudi Arabia. Then there is the Harrat ar Rahah field in Saudi Arabia to consider. Neumann van Padang (1963) in the Catalog of Active Volcanoes of the World speculated that the Israelite account in Exodus 19:16-18 might refer to an eruption from Harrat ar Rahah. Also, there is Harrat 'Uwayrid, also in Saudi Arabia. The Catalog of Active Volcanoes of the World (Neumann van Pandang, 1963a) indicated that an eruption in about 640 AD at Harrat 'Uwayrid may have been from either Hala-'l-Bedr or Hala-'l-'Ischia, or both. Bedouin legends say that Hala-'l-Bedr erupted fire and stones, killing herdsmen and their cattle and sheep.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The War of 1812! chimp3 70 8047 May 12, 2018 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10869 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  NDE of future war of demons masquerading as aliens scoobysnack 73 25943 June 12, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Yahweh Killed by Operation Rescue fanatics Rhondazvous 7 1773 April 8, 2016 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How do people justify the worship of Yahweh? Celestine 13 4622 August 22, 2015 at 8:30 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is it really a war? BrokenQuill92 15 4736 July 18, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19379 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  World war 3 lifesagift 94 22145 September 22, 2014 at 8:21 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  From Rags to Riches, Yahweh's Success Story DeistPaladin 2 1820 February 10, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Idol of Yahweh A_Nony_Mouse 7 5245 May 13, 2013 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse