Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World war 3
World war 3
Personally, I think it's time!

The jihadists are mobilised, and have secured billions of dollars and much military hardware. The caliphate is their aim, the west is literally asleep to it all!

It is (IMHO) time to strike back in no uncertain terms...

Obama is a blocker for sure (as Is any mainstream politician!..) but someone needs to move and remove this onerous threat and ASAP !
RE: World war 3
Strike back? A couple of americans get beheaded, and you think it's worth intervening and risking the lives of innocent people?
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(September 12, 2014 at 6:28 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Personally, I think it's time!

The jihadists are mobilised, and have secured billions of dollars and much military hardware. The caliphate is their aim, the west is literally asleep to it all!

Obama is a blocker for sure (as Is any mainstream politician!..) but someone needs to move and remove this onerous threat and ASAP !

How, exactly?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 12, 2014 at 6:34 pm)Tobie Wrote: Strike back? A couple of americans get beheaded, and you think it's worth intervening and risking the lives of innocent people?

With the greatest respect, the twin towers felled, Lee Rigby killed, and " a couple of americans get beheaded"...

And I should.. what? go and read the Qur'an to try and understand?

No FFS.. it's quite clear what they want.. and it's time to say no!!

(September 12, 2014 at 6:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 12, 2014 at 6:28 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Personally, I think it's time!

Boru you are like my own stalker... bizarre!!

But by war means... killing machines and bombs and guns... a bit like Black Ops !!

How, exactly?

Boru
Quote:With the greatest respect, the twin towers felled, Lee Rigby killed, and " a couple of americans get beheaded"...

With the greatest respect, there has been one (illegal) war in the middle east and one armed conflict since 9/11, and that's done very little to improve the situation. Why would more of the same improve anything this time? Lee Rigby's death was a tragedy, but would you really insult his memory by trying to justify war in his name?
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
I'm thinking I'll sit this one out.
(September 12, 2014 at 6:28 pm)lifesagift Wrote: It is (IMHO) time to strike back in no uncertain terms...

Through the power of posting anonymously on an internet forum. That'll teach them.
(September 12, 2014 at 6:38 pm)lifesagift Wrote:
(September 12, 2014 at 6:34 pm)Tobie Wrote: Strike back? A couple of americans get beheaded, and you think it's worth intervening and risking the lives of innocent people?

With the greatest respect, the twin towers felled, Lee Rigby killed, and " a couple of americans get beheaded"...

(September 12, 2014 at 6:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Boru you are like my own stalker... bizarre!!

But by war means... killing machines and bombs and guns... a bit like Black Ops !!

How, exactly?

Boru

Ok, see, the way message boards work is, when you post something, other people respond to it. Sometimes, that response takes the form of a question, such as 'How, exactly?' This isn't stalking, mate - this is what goes on here.

Listing generalized hardware ('killing machines and bombs and guns') doesn't answer the question I asked, so I'll try to re-phrase it:

What is your plan for 'striking back' at jihadists? Be specific:

-What 'killing machines' would you employ?

-What are your battlefield tactics?

-What is your long-range strategy?

-How are you going to 'strike back' at multiple fronts?

-How are you going to secure both the funding and the political will needed to mount your campaign?

These are simply suggested points for you to answer, so feel free to flesh out your plan as fully as you like.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 12, 2014 at 6:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How, exactly?

[Image: NukeEmFromOrbit.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
lifesagift,

I think you overestimate their capabilities and organization. KSA, Turkey, and Iraq are more than capable of handling this. The rest of the world needs to sit back. Let the predominantly Muslim nations that face an actual threat from ISIL demonstrate they don't tacitly approve of ISIL's actions. If for whatever reason they don't and ISIL is able to overrun Turkey, we can then honor our NATO commitment. If this happens then we build a coalition, including the Russians and Chinese, and colonize the entire region.

If you're impatient you can always change your last name to Rambo and insert yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The War of 1812! chimp3 70 7881 May 12, 2018 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  NDE of future war of demons masquerading as aliens scoobysnack 73 25658 June 12, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Is it really a war? BrokenQuill92 15 4677 July 18, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Yahweh Volcano Fire God of War: Updated TheJackel 17 11604 February 21, 2015 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christianity and Islam, religions of peace or war. JohnDG 16 10592 September 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: System of Solace
Thumbs Down Another example of the religious war on science Miami_Marlins_fan 29 7185 April 27, 2012 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: yoda55
  Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War. TheJackel 52 31684 April 14, 2012 at 1:48 am
Last Post: TheJackel
  Al Qaeda tells China's Uyghurs to prepare for holy war leo-rcc 28 7633 October 14, 2009 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Meatball