Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

Scriptures say that God gave Satan/Super Wolf dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Jesus often used the shepherd and sheep analogy in scriptures.

Following that analogy and the fact that Jesus has been gone for some time now, one must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

No shepherd I ever heard of would be so irresponsible to his duty to his flock.
Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Another breach of duty, FMPOV, is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God, yet justice delayed is considered justice denied by most and God is denying mankind that justice.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will. That situation is depicted somewhat in this clip which speaks to God letting Satan have his way with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BzP1wr2...e=youtu.be

This clip is just to show what some think of the shepherd analogy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFw5TsAi1...re=related

Can you shed some light on these two issues for me?

Regards
DL
RE: Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?
Every savior needs a fall guy.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Because jesus thinks wolves are badass? Totally more awesome than sheep, anyway.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf? ... One must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

He hasn't.

To say that we are at the mercy of Satan implies that Satan can do what he likes to us. He cannot. He not only must seek permission to attack the sheep (e.g., Luke 22:31) but he is also constrained to do this but not that
(e.g., Job 1:12). So we are not at the mercy of Satan; he is at the mercy of the shepherd.

(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Scriptures say that God gave Satan ... dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Wait, what? Citation(s), please.

(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Sorry, taken by Satan? What does that mean here?

(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Another breach of duty ... is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God ...

He has? Citation(s), please.

(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: I appreciate the free will argument that some might put ...

I regret to tell you that you won't get that argument from me.
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
RE: Why does Jesus the shepherd warn his flock about the lying of a Super Wolf?
(December 11, 2012 at 4:56 am)Ryft Wrote:
(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf? ... One must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

He hasn't.
I dont think GIA was talking about God-fearing Christians being at satans...ahem....*clears throat*...mercy
Thats not who he meant by ''us''

(December 11, 2012 at 4:56 am)Ryft Wrote:
(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Scriptures say that God gave Satan ... dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Wait, what? Citation(s), please.

satan might say that. he is the lord of lies.
The truth is that the greedy, egotistical and gullible earth gives satan power to tell those lies.
RE: Why does Jesus the shepherd warn his flock about the lying of a Super Wolf?
(December 11, 2012 at 7:09 am)Lion IRC Wrote: satan might say that. he is the lord of lies.
The truth is that the greedy, egotistical and gullible earth gives satan power to tell those lies.

So I'm guessing the book of Revelation was written by Satan, then?
Why does a shepherd watch his flock anyway ? Because he likes sheep ?
I'll give you a clue. What are kebabs made from ?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

Actually, Christians should be asking atheists this question?

There is no power for satan except for what we(all of us) give him!
Quis ut Deus?
(December 10, 2012 at 4:12 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Every savior needs a fall guy.

Every novel needs a bad guy.
(December 11, 2012 at 11:01 am)ronedee Wrote:
(December 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

Actually, Christians should be asking atheists this question?

There is no power for satan except for what we(all of us) give him!
What do you mean by that? I assume you mean that we 'let' him decieve us. What about his actions in Revelation?

Revelation 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
Revelation 13 1 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.
5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.
Or what about the book of Job?
Job 1:12-18 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

13 One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, 14 a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, 15 and the Sabeans attacked and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

17 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, 19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 465 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13059 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1329 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8204 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2743 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 18920 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1921 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5110 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2148 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4608 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII