Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting decision by Australian Court....
Interesting decision by Australian Court....
but it seems to me that a more lucrative solution for the injured party would have been to sue the hotel.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012121...FUBO3.html

Quote: CANBERRA, Australia (AP) - An Australian court has ruled that a bureaucrat who was injured while having sex on a business trip is eligible for worker's compensation benefits.

The Full Bench of the Federal Court ruled Dec. 13 in favor of the woman, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, and rejecting the appeal of the federal government's insurer.

The woman was hospitalized after being injured in 2007 during sex with a male friend while staying in a motel in the town of Nowra, 160 kilometers (100 miles) south of her hometown of Sydney.

During the sex, a glass light fitting was torn from its mount above the bed and landed on her face, injuring her nose and mouth. She later suffered depression and was unable to continue working for the government.

Certainly sounds energetic, though.
RE: Interesting decision by Australian Court....
Ahw Min, you're the guy to make a depresing day to go bright
RE: Interesting decision by Australian Court....
Reminds me of a union case I handled where a woman was coming in to work and fell in the back parking lot. She wanted worker's comp which was out of the question because she did not make it into the building.

I told her she was nuts. Get a lawyer and sue the landlord. The insurance company would settle long before it got to court but this woman was adamant until I found the law citation and waved it under her nose.

They settled the case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Innocence is not enough for the Supreme Court... Rev. Rye 7 529 May 27, 2022 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Navalny’s speech from court Fake Messiah 3 251 February 5, 2021 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4293 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 2109 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Expanding The Supreme Court onlinebiker 94 4101 September 30, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Interesting Scenario BrianSoddingBoru4 5 341 August 28, 2020 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1518 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  UK Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful zebo-the-fat 6 617 September 25, 2019 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Interesting Turn of Events in California Minimalist 25 3102 May 12, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The WLB's Next Supreme Court Pick? Minimalist 0 463 March 15, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist