Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN
2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN
(November 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm)Manowar Wrote: Obama won the popular vote but just barely. The country is divided.

Excuse you, WHAT!?!

The election results are now, two months after the fact, official. Okay, you couldn't know that the richest country in the world (ha ha, ha) would take two months to certify the election results, and it's not all on Sandy. Not your fault, whatsoever.

Obama won with almost 4 percent difference, which is a SHELLACKING.

He won for the SECOND TIME with more than 51 percent, something that hasn't happened since Eisenhower, no not even Reagan could do that.

Furthermore, Dems won the Popular Vote in ALL three National Elections:
Presidential 51-47
Senate 60-40, and even
Congress 49-48

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...vS3c#gid=0

That Dems STILL lose the house is because of relentless redistricting. We have in fact become a fully plutocratic country, where a severe minority controls the majority, the Repub congressleechers are blocking every vote, even those that will help their constituents.

Dems have to start to win the states back, so as to get Democratic House, because otherwise, this whole thing will go sideways.
RE: 2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN
Ok. .
RE: 2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN
The popular vote in America is utterly meaningless.
meaningless? Well, if Obama had lost it, you wouldn't have heard the end of it, it would've been all over Fokkks news,

This gives Obama huge bragging rights, but more importantly, it's a mandate to keep his foot down on the debt ceiling.
Here's to hoping he does.
What he means is that you don't need to win the popular vote to win the presidency. It's one of the major failings of the electoral college system and one of the reasons it should be done away with.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(January 4, 2013 at 9:02 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The popular vote in America is utterly meaningless.

Big time. Notice how both candidates spent months of time and millions of dollars just to win the states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan? They didn't care bout the popular vote outside of whether or not they win the popular vote in the battleground states.

I honestly think we should just agree to re-do our entire government from head to toe. The weaknesses of our system have been emphasized by opportunists to turn us into a mockery of democracy. Sadly, though, the broad changes I want probably won't be happening. I'm asking the people who make the rules to change the system that put them in power in the first place and I'm asking them to change it in such a way that they may lose power. Both parties are far too concerned with party loyalty to go for that.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(January 4, 2013 at 10:00 pm)TheSteelGeneral Wrote: meaningless? Well, if Obama had lost it, you wouldn't have heard the end of it, it would've been all over Fokkks news,

This gives Obama huge bragging rights, but more importantly, it's a mandate to keep his foot down on the debt ceiling.
Here's to hoping he does.

Obama is going to raise the debt ceiling. I don't think there is any indication that he's concerned with it at all. In fact with a compromise on the fiscal cliff it's pretty much impossible we aren't going to have heaps of more debt.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(January 4, 2013 at 9:02 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The popular vote in America is utterly meaningless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_uM8bUnlGQ

I think that if we had a properly fabulous nominee with a brooding streak: we'd have our next president off of popular vote. The woman vote is too strong. Especially if they talk about being unable to control themselves and don't listen to the word 'no'.

Popular books should demonstrate why popularity is a terrible voting condition to use in important matters.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 4, 2013 at 11:17 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Obama is going to raise the debt ceiling. I don't think there is any indication that he's concerned with it at all. In fact with a compromise on the fiscal cliff it's pretty much impossible we aren't going to have heaps of more debt.

This is generally blown out of proportion by the media anyway. It's not -that- big of a deal.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Not in the aggregate but state by state. Granted, even that is an anachronism in the 21st century.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 952 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 2022 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  When Trump finally acknowledges a death... arewethereyet 68 4155 September 27, 2020 at 6:58 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1949 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 8156 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1889 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Biden finally jumps in.... Brian37 55 4310 May 25, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 251 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  He's finally behind bars.... Joods 0 306 September 20, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  This is officially the funniest thing Trump has ever said Aegon 12 1544 September 19, 2018 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Seraphina