Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion and LGBT people
Religion and LGBT people
I would like a straight no-nonsence answer (if thats even possable) from thiests.
1.Why do you Hate LGBT people so much?
2.Would you still hate them if your book said nothing about it?
I want honest answer and no apologetics, we can smell the bullshit.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Religion and LGBT people
Gooders, when did you stop ass-raping male cows?.
(January 14, 2013 at 3:30 pm)catfish Wrote: Gooders, when did you stop ass-raping male cows?.

"Male cows?" Really?
He smells bull-shit...
(January 14, 2013 at 11:25 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: I would like a straight
No pun intended I presume.
Quote:no-nonsence answer (if thats even possable) from thiests.
Come on, at least try to get the spelling and punctuation right.
Quote:1.Why do you Hate LGBT people so much?
Because Kathy Griffin likes them so much and I take an opposing position to her whenever possible.
Quote:2.Would you still hate them if your book said nothing about it?
Yes.
(January 14, 2013 at 11:25 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: I would like a straight no-nonsence answer (if thats even possable) from thiests.
2.Would you still hate them if your book said nothing about it?

1. I don't hate gay people. My brother is gay and my sister a lesbian.

2. I don't anyway so question irrelevant.
(January 14, 2013 at 11:25 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: I would like a straight no-nonsence answer (if thats even possable) from thiests.
This is a loaded question but anyways...

When I was a Christian, I never hated LGBT people. I never met a single fundie either who "hated" them. I'm sure there are Christians out there who hate LGBT people but most of the fundies I knew thought of LGBT people as mentally sick people who needed treatment and religion sort of like you how might think of drug addicts. They pitied them. They didn't hate them.

I didn't really think of them that way though. No matter how I looked at it as a Christian I couldn't honestly find anything wrong with being LGBT.

Quote:2.Would you still hate them if your book said nothing about it?

Again loaded question, but you don't need religion to fear people who are different than you.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(January 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm)John V Wrote:
(January 14, 2013 at 11:25 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: no-nonsence answer (if thats even possable) from thiests.
Come on, at least try to get the spelling and punctuation right.
Give me a break I am dyslexic.
And teaearlgreyhot Its was supposed to be loaded as I am asking homophobes why they are.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(January 14, 2013 at 3:30 pm)catfish Wrote: Gooders, when did you stop ass-raping male cows?.

Two men having sex is not the same as a man fucking a cow asshole. You merely find two men having sex yucky. Some women love to have their pussies eaten, and others don't. Just because you don't like it does not make it wrong. Your personal hang ups do not constitute the rest of us submitting to you.

No one owes you shit or submission merely because you don't like it. If you don't like gay sex, then don't have gay sex. But gays don't owe you shit. That is your own phobia and bigotry and they are not going to make your idiocy their problem.
(January 14, 2013 at 6:57 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote:
(January 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm)John V Wrote: Come on, at least try to get the spelling and punctuation right.
Give me a break I am dyslexic.
And teaearlgreyhot Its was supposed to be loaded as I am asking homophobes why they are.

You addressed "theists" not homophobes in your OP. Theists != homophobes.

(January 14, 2013 at 7:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Two men having sex is not the same as a man fucking a cow asshole. You merely find two men having sex yucky. Some women love to have their pussies eaten, and others don't. Just because you don't like it does not make it wrong. Your personal hang ups do not constitute the rest of us submitting to you.

No one owes you shit or submission merely because you don't like it. If you don't like gay sex, then don't have gay sex. But gays don't owe you shit. That is your own phobia and bigotry and they are not going to make your idiocy their problem.

He was pointing out the loading question by asking a loaded question.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11424 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Religion: Simple Lies for Simple People Minimalist 3 531 September 16, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10699 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  List of people who have no interest in joining a religion, ever robvalue 97 11587 January 31, 2016 at 7:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4894 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do religious people desperately want to class Atheism as a religion? TheMonster 75 19326 November 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19759 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49204 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion 'Cause Of Evil Not Force For Good' More Young People Believe downbeatplumb 3 2353 June 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Do some people need religion? Finn 26 6698 March 3, 2013 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx