Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kittenshere Continue thread
Kittenshere Continue thread
Quote:samson siad, Like I stated before....It's one thing to believe in a "God", but another to believe in the "Bible"....You need to truly do more research on the book you hold so dear to your belief.

WHY? just becuase you dont believe in it? well thats just not a good enough reason for me. no offense

Not at all kitten....Simply because of evidence in regards to the Bible.. no more no less...
Again...It's one thing to believe in a higher power, but another to believe in a book that has more holes in it than (which has been shown and proven) a pin cushion.

Quote:samson siad, What about the cities they speak of in which there are no archeological evidence for and have more evidence pointing towards an Atlantis myth than being a real city?

Whether an archeologicalist have found evidence or not YET does not mean they wont in the future.

You missed the point in Archeological terms that I was getting at. In other words, the cities and events that were written in the Bible in which there are no evidence for, were in turn found to be nothing more than stories found from other tribes and tales with different names, locations, time periods, beginnings and ends. The evidence has already been found on these contradictions and plagiarized stories...

Stories such as:

Adam & Eve (AKA) Greek Myth of Pandora's Box...
Cain and Able (AKA) Emesh and Enten........
Moses (AKA) Sargon....
Samson (AKA) Hercules
Noah's Flood (AKA) Gilgamesh Epic, King of Uruk tale...
Jesus story (AKA) Horus, Mithra, Thor, Krishna.......
Lucifer/Morning Star (AKA) Pagan God of Light, Pagan God Pan, Fertility god,.....

These are only but a mere few in which the Biblical writers "Borrowed" from other cultures of tales passed down through time.

I would hope you are intelligent enough to know that the Bible from which you read was not the first religious writings (Or religion) in human history...And by pure observation from what we have seen so far in our own life time and the start of recorded history, it will not be the last.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
RE: Kittenshere Continue thread
I cannot help what archeologist has or hasn't found. But that does not mean the bible is not true. It could be a thousand yrs from now before they can prove everything in the bible.
How can a man parting the seas be proven? lol
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(August 20, 2009 at 11:29 pm)kittenshere Wrote: I cannot help what archeologist has or hasn't found. But that does not mean the bible is not true. It could be a thousand yrs from now before they can prove everything in the bible.

Kitten, your suggestion is nothing more than "Blind Faith". It's an assumption that, "It May Happen". This is not fact nor truth and has no standing in terms of proof of evidence.

However, I do understand where you are coming from in your faith, regardless what you may "Believe or Think" of non-believers.

Just keep in mind that "Atheist" are not stating there is no god for "Fact/100%" etc. but that it has not been proven there is and that there is no evidence at this current point to suggest such.

It's a very big difference between what "Believers" state, in the same from what I have read from you and in comparison to the opposition.

In other words Kitten, Atheist can at least say, "We could be wrong"...........You will not find that amongst your groups way of thinking.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Quote:But that does not mean the bible is not true.

You simply do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Substituting "belief" for actual evidence is a convenient way to escape reality. I also don't know what will happen in 1,000 years but right now the bible has been shown to be completely full of shit.

No patriarchs....no sodom and gomorrah....no moses...no exodus...no conquest...no great Davidic empire...although "David" may have been the petty chieftain of that miserable little shithole of a village. Not a single shred of evidence for a "Solomon."

I'm sure you can find some preacher masquerading as an archaeologist to tell you that the big bad atheists are wrong and your fucking fairy tales are true....but you have drunken the Kool-Aid that those morons are selling for a long time.

When you feel like waking up to reality get a copy of "The Bible Unearthed" by Finkelstein and Silberman and find out how badly you have been conned.
(August 20, 2009 at 6:18 pm)kittenshere Wrote: kyuu unfortunately God dont see you through your eyes. he sees you through his own. I know you dont belive in God yet. but one day you will and it will not be your choice. You control notihng.. God controls all.

No I won't, not until there is actual validatable evidence! One day you'll die and that will be that, no god, no heaven, no hell just non-existence and a (possible) very brief realisation that you wasted your entire life believing a bunch of rubbish! Enjoy the fairy tale while you're a child and if you're not? Well I hope your brain gets better one day!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Quote:I cannot help what archeologist has or hasn't found. But that does not mean the bible is not true. It could be a thousand yrs from now before they can prove everything in the bible.

So basically you are saying that no matter what science proves to be fact and no matter how strongly it contradicts what you see as biblical truth you don't care because you cover your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears and shout "la, la, la.. I'm not listening"

And you think you have something to tell us?

Also, I would imagine that in a thousand years the bible will have gone the same way as Greek and Roman mythology and like those, now defunct religions and theologies, no-one will actually believe it.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(August 21, 2009 at 4:45 am)Darwinian Wrote: So basically you are saying that no matter what science proves to be fact and no matter how strongly it contradicts what you see as biblical truth you don't care because you cover your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears and shout "la, la, la.. I'm not listening"

What would you expect of a moron who apparently reckons the entire medical profession is an utter waste of time?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Very true..

This really is a case of someone completely and utterly living in a total fantasy world devoid of all reality.

Talk about blinkered Confusedhock: It never ceases to amaze me how some people get through the day. And then they have the cheek to assume that they know more than us and presume to preach. Which is now against the rules by the way.

Well, that's religion for you, a linguistic virus that attacks the parts of the mind required for reason and free thinking and encourages the infected to spread it to all those they come in contact with.

I can only wish kittenshere a speedy recovery Cool Shades
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(August 21, 2009 at 4:45 am)Darwinian Wrote:
Quote:I cannot help what archeologist has or hasn't found. But that does not mean the bible is not true. It could be a thousand yrs from now before they can prove everything in the bible.

So basically you are saying that no matter what science proves to be fact and no matter how strongly it contradicts what you see as biblical truth you don't care because you cover your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears and shout "la, la, la.. I'm not listening"

And you think you have something to tell us?

Also, I would imagine that in a thousand years the bible will have gone the same way as Greek and Roman mythology and like those, now defunct religions and theologies, no-one will actually believe it.

I have nothing to tell the ones who are so closed minded. You may die corruptible for all I care. Well actualy we are all gonna die corruptible. God is gonna raise you incorruptible. In the end you will have been changed from what you are not to what your gonna be. Believe it or not. Matters none to me. And their was an atheist who read Ray's website and is no longer an atheist. There is more than one atheist who changed after they knew the truth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do people continue to believe in god? Dystopia 20 3477 July 9, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Kittenshere Poll - Atheists Only! Darwinian 30 10939 September 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: fr0d0