Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst moral in the Quran and Holy Bible?
Worst moral in the Quran and Holy Bible?
I don't really know anything about what the Quran teaches so I can't comment on that.

I think in the Holy Bible the worst morale as to be the one about raping someone and then marrying them. What kind of morale is that? This was obviously because men were in charge, but serioously, the people who wrote the bible must be sociopathic or psychopathic and schizophrenics. Did the not think of what the person would of felt?

Anyways what in your opinion, is the worst morale?
RE: Worst moral in the Quran and Holy Bible?
I don't know as I haven't really gotten to know the Quran and some of its verses.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
*Warning Biast point of view*
Honestly as an ex-atheist i haven't found a single immoral thing in the Qur'an but plenty in the bible.
Im sure some Brothers can help you out though. I look forward to some exciting responses. As i always i want to challenge the Qur'an and my current viewpoint.
I think the worst one is that which promoted the eating of bananas. I mean: how much sicker a guide to morality can you have than one which encourages stuffing The Ebil into your system?! Angry
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
The worst thing about both religions is just the general idea that it doesnt matter how many good deeds a person does they can still go to hell because of a decision they made about wether or not to believe in a man called god.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 19, 2013 at 9:06 pm)ThatMuslimGuy Wrote: Honestly as an ex-atheist i haven't found a single immoral thing in the Qur'an but plenty in the bible.

How old was Aisha when they were married?

Right there's your immorality.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(January 21, 2013 at 11:23 am)paulpablo Wrote: The worst thing about both religions is just the general idea that it doesnt matter how many good deeds a person does they can still go to hell because of a decision they made about wether or not to believe in a man called god.

How about the fact that you are born this way. That you are punished for the sins of your ancestors. That a perfect, all-knowing, all-powerful God, would design you this way.
To get out of this, you have to worship him like a robot (and love it!). But you do have free will (right!) to refuse. But to do that is to be punished for all eternity (some choice...)
You have no choice, no way out of this situation.

There are so many different ones, it is hard to choose from...
All religions suck cock equally.
(January 19, 2013 at 9:57 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I think the worst one is that which promoted the eating of bananas. I mean: how much sicker a guide to morality can you have than one which encourages stuffing The Ebil into your system?! Angry

Bananas are great so long as it's someone else eating them, or if they're in neigh on perfect condition banana-wise.

(January 22, 2013 at 5:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: All religions suck cock equally.

I doubt that a world full of Zen Buddhists would be the same world as a world full of medieval crusaders.
(January 19, 2013 at 9:57 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I think the worst one is that which promoted the eating of bananas. I mean: how much sicker a guide to morality can you have than one which encourages stuffing The Ebil into your system?! Angry

But they were intelligently designed for us!
[Image: Ray_Comfort.jpg]
I march against the Asagods
To bring the end of time.
I am pure and endless pain
And Surtr is my name.

See me rise, the mighty Surt,
Destroyer of the universe.
Bringer of flames and endless hurt
Scorcher of men and Earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Can We Have Moral Direction If God Controls Everything? Rhondazvous 87 7702 August 22, 2021 at 10:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  The problem with "Holy Places". onlinebiker 28 2346 March 8, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The brazen bull in the Quran? WinterHold 37 4763 March 7, 2020 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Gender of Holy Spirit TwoKnives99 31 4684 November 17, 2018 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7739 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1165 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  First Holy Communion (reflections) vulcanlogician 39 5706 May 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Finding the holy grail ignoramus 3 1023 May 4, 2018 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10861 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7575 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy