Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
too rich?
too rich?
Quote:Billionaires' fortunes hinder fight against poverty, says Oxfam
Charity says $240bn amassed by 100 richest people last year would be enough to end extreme poverty four times over.

This story provokes me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/j...erty-oxfam
[Image: signiture_zps1665b542.gif]
RE: too rich?
Mahatma Ghandi Wrote:Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed

It would provoke me, too, if not for the fact that it doesn't surprise me at all.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Actually, it did shake me, I am aware of great wealth, but that it would only take a 25% tax on 100 people to end extreme poverty. We are not even talking about the 1% just 100 individuals.
I cannot avoid the thought, if they don't sort this out themselves, it is time to make them pay.
[Image: signiture_zps1665b542.gif]
[Image: anihead.gif]

[Image: torchMob.jpg]

Vive L'France!
Re: too rich?
Shocked too. How much tax do they pay already, and how much of that is locked into business's/ possible to reclaim?
What is a person even supposed to do with that kind of money? How many mansions and Ferrari's made out of gold are required before you think "Maybe I should give a couple billion to this kid on tv that hasn't eaten this week"
Ahh...just another leftwinger b*tching about rich people again...not me though, I love rich people! I wanna be rich too! First thing I'd buy would be a brand new Mustang Shelby Cobra GT 500! It's better to have too much money than to have too little money.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 22, 2013 at 10:00 am)A Theist Wrote: Ahh...just another leftwinger b*tching about rich people again...not me though, I love rich people! I wanna be rich too! First thing I'd buy would be a brand new Mustang Shelby Cobra GT 500! It's better to have too much money than to have too little money.

Really? You love rich people? The amount of money someone has isn't something I tend to judge people for.
Cunt
(January 22, 2013 at 10:03 am)frankiej Wrote:
(January 22, 2013 at 10:00 am)A Theist Wrote: Ahh...just another leftwinger b*tching about rich people again...not me though, I love rich people! I wanna be rich too! First thing I'd buy would be a brand new Mustang Shelby Cobra GT 500! It's better to have too much money than to have too little money.

Really? You love rich people? The amount of money someone has isn't something I tend to judge people for.
Who's judging? I just want the money!
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Haha, you remind me of my dad. Loves rich people because he plans on winning the lottery and being rich himself.

When I worked with my dad I met a ton of lovely fantastically rich people. But who the fuck needs a mansion as a weekend home? They have their own replica of fucking stone henge!

* Nine sighs

I'm cool with people being rich but its just when they make more money than can be spent. Whats the point in that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1108 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 3798 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1287 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica Foxaèr 8 1045 September 9, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: brewer
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 563 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Us Too, Shitstain. Minimalist 7 890 June 4, 2018 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Philosophy of Politics. UK has too much pussies nowadays too : 3 Duriu 7 1506 May 6, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Steve Wynn is a creepazoid too . . . vorlon13 8 1082 January 28, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too. Minimalist 43 10424 July 29, 2017 at 10:05 pm
  Sen. Cassidy - Too Smart To Be A Republicunt? Minimalist 4 1308 June 29, 2017 at 12:14 pm